Who else gets up at stupid O clock to run ??

11,621 to 11,640 of 16,421 messages
PSC    pirate
04/02/2013 at 06:02
Jogging on the spot is a great tip for sorting the stride out. No soc for me either. I've got a hip abductor niggle ( psoas) so will rest it. I've had this problem for years so know how to manage it.

Have fun folks.
04/02/2013 at 06:05

I'm not a morning person as I mostly work American hours, so I prefer running in the evenings, can't beat a pitch black country lane with the stars overhead!

04/02/2013 at 06:34

Morning you lot

First run in 2 weeks and soaked !

NW: 1 owl, who hooted away at me. 1 Cyclist, 4 Horses, PW: 1 car.

V4D
04/02/2013 at 07:35

Morning

Managed to dodge the rain and get in a 2 mile run.

NW: 1 man and dog, loads of geese which I could hear but not see.

04/02/2013 at 08:31

morning  - rest day

good job as I am pretty tired after a training day yesterday and a swim in the evening. Actually, we had a good running session with lots of drills to help sort the footstrike out,although my knee started hurting after about 30mins, so I stopped and watched the others then!

04/02/2013 at 08:49

Morning all, NOC for me today.  18 miles completed yesterday, felt good, paces pretty much where I wanted them.

04/02/2013 at 12:36

Afternoon,

NOC Rucksack run yesterday in preparation for the Para !0.

SOC this morning. NW 2 deer, 1 skylark. DW, some unidentified bones (probably deer), Squaddie Watch, 1 lying prone with rifle aimed in our direction!

Edited: 04/02/2013 at 12:37
04/02/2013 at 13:35

Hi all!

Back home now in Blighty   First week was very hard being back!  I am a week behind my marathon training plan so I have pu that week down to experience and just starting fro where I need to me.  Did 5 miles this morning, felt tired as I have run everyday this week but felt good when I got home!  No exciting NW unfortunately. 

Quick question - Is it just me or is interval training a real ball ache?  I hate it!

Hope you are all well and staying warm in this chilly weather!

04/02/2013 at 17:39
Dobster I am totally with you re intervals ... Got to do them as have spent some lovely morning runs w new local club this past week and want to get my pace up so I can do more with them - most are faster than me. First parkrun Sat, 28 min, lovely sunny cycle there and back. Long run this morning at 7. New route, got lost, now exhausted and my turn to cook...
04/02/2013 at 21:58

Dobster, I'm OK with intervals as I do them on the track with the club, for me I always struggle/wuss out on tempo runs. Chris, another crazy race, what does this one involve?

05/02/2013 at 06:06

Good morning all

A speedy 6 miles this morning that made me quite happy.

NW 2 foxes 1 dog white Alsatian that the owner struggled to keep hold of as it braked, growled  and made every attempt to get free from the owner. Fair play to him the moment he saw me coming he crossed to the other side obviously anticipating his dogs reactions when it caught sight me.  1 Hovis van

Dobster, Count me in as another that finds intervals a real chore.

05/02/2013 at 06:23

Morning from a snowy West of Scotland. Nice run on freshly fallen snow

Okay so i'm a big kid running at SOC in snow

NW: ! owl, 1 Kingsmill Van, 4 horses, 1 gritting lorry, 1 fox,

Morning valis

05/02/2013 at 06:27

Morning birky

05/02/2013 at 06:34

Morning valis: Just having toast and coffee for brekkie.

PSC    pirate
05/02/2013 at 07:37

morning gang.. Psoas feels very bruised!  But better than it was !  Slow plod for 75 mins this morning.. bliddy cold in the wind!

We have problems with out local dog walkers.  They've all fallen out with 2 guys who have horrible dogs that they can't control and are pretty wild.  They bit my OH recently but the 2 blokes don't react.  No muzzles, no leads etc..  grrrrr. Shouldn't have dogs IMHO unless you know how to control them. 

Have a good one peeps.

05/02/2013 at 07:49

Morning all - 4 miles for me, won't be able to run up and back to track tonight so thought I'd do the extra mileage early. 1 owl hoot for me today and 2 x OR, first ones at that time in the morning for a while. PSC and valis, bad dog stories, hope the sore bits improve. Enjoy the snow birky.

05/02/2013 at 08:24

Morning all, rest day for me so no run of any sort today.  Ran 7 miles with 6x100m strides last night.  Bust week the rest of it though so will be the next 4 mornings running, schedules are a 12 miler, 10 miler, 5 miler and 20 miler at various paces.

PSC and Valis agree on the dogs thing, most owners and most dogs are perfect but just a small % are a real pain.  I have spent 4 hours in an A&E and a week on antibiotics after a bite by a Jack Russell, I had held off the two bigger dogs but the Jack took advantage of their distraction and buried teeth into my calf!  The owner was out with 5 dogs and no leads and couldn't control them at all.

05/02/2013 at 08:31

morning all

JF - that sounds nasty and a real idiot, I think I would have been tempted to report it to the police

woke up with my throat feeling like sandpaper so stayed in bed - actually it started feeling rough yesterday and I had a headache half the day yesterday. Parents evening tonight for my youngest boy, so will have a rest day and see how I am tomorrow.

snow here again

05/02/2013 at 11:07

Morning..

I too have been chased and bitten by dogs whilst out running. The scariest incident was when I was out on a trail just before dusk and around the corner appeared a pack of 8 German Shepherds. They ran over and surrounded me and were snarling and growling and looked like they were about to go in for the kill when their owners appeared and called them off. I've often wondered why anyone would have so many big dogs like that and can only guess they were used as guard dogs at a scrap yard or something like that. We've always made sure that Rusty (and Jackson before him) behave themselves when they're out with us whether it's towards other runners, cyclists or horse riders. 

Kate the crazy race in question is this one.. Paras 10  

05/02/2013 at 13:31

Afternoon all

6 miles for me today. Was supposed to do a 1M jog, 4M quick then 1M jog but my legs just couldn't cope after my first netball match last night in 2 months!!!  So just did an easy 6M but have to get back out tomorrow morning to try the quicker run. 

I totally agree with the whole dog thing.  I haven't been chased whilst running (just from little yappy dogs) but was bit on the face by a boxer when I was younger.  He was sat outside his owners house without a lead and I used to pet him but on day he was chewing a bone and growled when I pet him.  The owner should have asked me to leave him but insteda took the bone away and told him off.  Needless to say the dog blamed me and turned on me!!!  I get frustrated when people say "oh don;t worry, he won't bite you".  I adore dogs but no one can be 100% certain that their dog won't bite (even though for the majority it's a very slim chance!!!).

I hope you are all well and enjoying the cold weather, thanks for making me feel like I'm not the only one who dislikes some part of my training

11,621 to 11,640 of 16,421 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.