Who else gets up at stupid O clock to run ??

11,641 to 11,660 of 15,579 messages
05/02/2013 at 13:31

Afternoon all

6 miles for me today. Was supposed to do a 1M jog, 4M quick then 1M jog but my legs just couldn't cope after my first netball match last night in 2 months!!!  So just did an easy 6M but have to get back out tomorrow morning to try the quicker run. 

I totally agree with the whole dog thing.  I haven't been chased whilst running (just from little yappy dogs) but was bit on the face by a boxer when I was younger.  He was sat outside his owners house without a lead and I used to pet him but on day he was chewing a bone and growled when I pet him.  The owner should have asked me to leave him but insteda took the bone away and told him off.  Needless to say the dog blamed me and turned on me!!!  I get frustrated when people say "oh don;t worry, he won't bite you".  I adore dogs but no one can be 100% certain that their dog won't bite (even though for the majority it's a very slim chance!!!).

I hope you are all well and enjoying the cold weather, thanks for making me feel like I'm not the only one who dislikes some part of my training

05/02/2013 at 20:58

Evening all - gusty track session again tonight, 1 mile effort, 5 x 1 min fast with 1 min recovery then another mile, much easier when you're shouted at! Chris, the race looks suitably foolish.

06/02/2013 at 05:02

Good morning all

no run today back feeling a bit tender. need to do some stretching and foam rollering.

06/02/2013 at 07:41

Morning all - weights session in my utility room this morning so not much NW. You've reminded me I need to get the roller out valis. Happy hump day all.

06/02/2013 at 08:22

Morning everyone.

Haven't managed to get online for a day or 2, but I did indeed do my 5andabit mile recovery run on Monday, then rested well yesterday.

Today, I gave some interval training a try, supported by an the Step 3 Intervals Audiofuel (other sports music products are available) tracks - really good and I liked the coaching tips, pace change countdowns, etc that come from Martin Yelling in the background.  Anyone else tried any of thes type of things?

So 4.5miles covered in 3 minute intervals of varying paces from 150-180bpm done.  Aching now, but feel I've earned the ache

Happy hump day all round.

06/02/2013 at 08:45

morning all

nothing today because my knee is hurting, although if it isn't too bad later I will go to the pool and swim with a pull buoy

06/02/2013 at 12:12

Good day all, bit late booking in, CE has resigned and had a long meeting with the two new joint MDs.  You're never sure of what changes are to follow.

Out of the door at 5.05 this morning for a 12 mile medium long run, didn't see the shetland ponies until I was on my 3rd loop round town.  3 OR, 2 dog walkers, 2 paper boys and 3 people smoking at the back of the Co-op

06/02/2013 at 12:17

Re the dogs thing I posted this on another thread recently, proof that some dogs are bloody well trained, if slightly frightening!

I did have an encounter last year with a pack of foxhounds which proves just how well you can train dogs.  The Essex and Suffolk Hunt keep their dogs quite close to where I live and I was along the mentioned railway walk fairly early one morning and heard hunting horns, I was on a raised embankment part of the walk and could see a few hunstmen on their horses  down below, not dressed for a hunt but just out running the dogs.  I suddenly spotted the dogs, perhaps 20 or so  as they came up onto the embankment and ran towards me.  At this point, even though I don't imagine I smell of fox, I thought I was going to die.  The dogs continued towards me, ran past me not taking a blind bit of notice and then disappeared back down the embankment a bit further on.  I think I was smelling of something else at this point

07/02/2013 at 06:00

Good morning all

6 miles this chilly morning

Nw 1 fox

07/02/2013 at 06:19

Morning valis

3.5M Steadily done. Cold and dry. Forecast is snow later.

Slept in yesterday

NW: 1 owl, 4 horses, 1 KingsmillV an, 2 cyclists.

PSC    pirate
07/02/2013 at 07:18

JF50... I know I shouldn't but that story did make me giggle! 

Morning gang...  a nice quiet and gentle plod this morning.. recovering nicely.  Punchbowl at the weekend so got to be in good shape(ish).

07/02/2013 at 07:50

morning

still no running, but did a gentle turbo till the knee stopped me, then did a bit of core

for the first time I noticed it was getting light as I left for work

07/02/2013 at 08:34

Morning all - 8.25 miles, 6 of them reasonably fast, but not quite fast enough to be called tempo. 3 OR 1 cat. Agreed MC, it was getting very light, stunning morning now as well, hope it holds out for the Punchbowl PSC. JF, perhaps you have the solution for dog repelling, a bit of a whiff. Longest swim to date last night, 2.5K in 1.15, lots of work to do on the speed. London beckons for me, have a good day folk.

07/02/2013 at 08:47

Morning everyone.

5.4miles easy today.  1OR, 1 dog walker with a head torch (that was on his head, lighting the way incidently, not the breed of dog).

I have a meeting to go to in Herts tomorrow for 1pm, so I'm going to have a bit of a lay in, then I plan to get my long run for the week in before I have to start the journey, as we are visiting family over the weekend.  I hope I am able to report 12miles done tomorrow......

07/02/2013 at 09:02

Awake before 6am, but for the 1st time this year I decided to stay in bed for another hour rather than go out for a 4-5mile run - I guess sometimes you've just got to listen to the body, although I do feel slightly angry with myself!

07/02/2013 at 13:37

Afternoon!

6M this morning, was doing so well and then my watch ran out of battery   Looking forward to a rest day tomorrow!

KateF - what do you class as Tempo?

07/02/2013 at 13:41

Good day all.  Waited till daybreak today, about 7am before heading out for 10 miles with 6 at LT pace, tough run, think 20 miles are easier.

PSC makes me smile now, had visions of a painful death at the time.  KAte are you saying I whiff?  My OH would agree with you when I dump my kit in the house!

Some good miles and training as usual this morning.

07/02/2013 at 17:53

Dobster, controlled discomfort, when I was doing well it was 8 min miles, at the moment it's 8.20-40, slow for a lot of you I know! JF, I know my kit isn't the nicest when I've been 'glowing'.

07/02/2013 at 18:59

Evening

No snow so far !

Walked Geordie, cold and no wind when out

JF:I laughed at your dog story

07/02/2013 at 20:54

I see a few of us have been trying to recruit on the Morning Running thread.

11,641 to 11,660 of 15,579 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.