Who else gets up at stupid O clock to run ??

11,721 to 11,740 of 16,236 messages
13/02/2013 at 08:14

morning all!

slow run today edging my way back in 

13/02/2013 at 08:29

Good Morning L&G

Kate, I'm just relieved you're not doing any of them. Expect I'll bump into you later in the year.

Maths, how's the knee? Did my recommendations make any difference?

To the footie boys, Pompey now 20 league games without a win - club record. Div. 4 beckons. Not sure I can justify another season ticket.

13/02/2013 at 09:38

Morning all, 14 mile medium long run this morning, out of the door at 5.25am, dark start but light when I finished so used a mixture of round the town and out on the railway walk.  4 shetland ponies, many rabbits, about 10 dog walkers, one power walker, 2 paper boys and the butchers just starting to cut meat when I ran past.

14/02/2013 at 06:17

Morning you lot

Snow all now gone. Just 3M easy as legs stiff today.

Jason: Sometimes easing your way back is the best way.

JF: Good 14 miler

5:30: Forgot you were a Pompey fan

PSC    pirate
14/02/2013 at 06:19
Morning.... I eased my way back under the duvet this morning. Rest day Anyway, it's raining and after the weekend I don't fancy getting wet again for a while.
14/02/2013 at 06:22

Morning psc

my NW 1 owl, 1 dog and walker, 1 Kingsmill Van 3 BMWs, 1 cyclist, 1 runner in distance, 2 earthmovers  up at old High School (now demolished)

14/02/2013 at 07:21

Morning all - 6.5 miles in a lot of rain, 2 dogs. PSC, can't say I blame you. Birky, hope the snow stays away.

14/02/2013 at 08:02

morning all another rest day today!!

foots still a little sore 

back out there 2moro

14/02/2013 at 08:48

Morning all, Birky good miles on stiff legs, PSC no run/bike but eary posting, Kate good early wet mileage. Jason hope the post mara niggles heal quickly.

Recovery 6 miler for me today, treadmill so again lovely and gentle on the legs - easy in fact.

Tommygun2    pirate
14/02/2013 at 08:54

Morning

I had to call off my intended run this morning as I didn't get to bed untill way after midnight. My daughter was in a bit of a state as my wife had to go back to hospital yesterday and its all become to much for my daughter...lots of sobbing and worrying. Eventually talked her down and got her off to sleep, hopefully she will come to terms with the fact that her mum is ill and needs to go to hospital to get it sorted out.

14/02/2013 at 10:05
Sad to hear that Tommygun2

13miler here, was going to make a joke about traffic but feel a bit sad after reading the last post. Try and have a good day all x
14/02/2013 at 10:48

We got a smile from you anyway TG. At least your daughter feels she can talk to you, make sure you find a shoulder to cry on when you need it too. SOC love to Mrs TG.

14/02/2013 at 12:11

TG stay strong and good luck.

18.1 miles over the South Downs this morning. Very muddy and slippery. But that only adds to the occasion. Nice to have a milder morning.

Got back to this Pistorius news.....well, well, well....

14/02/2013 at 14:05

afternoon all

nothing for me yet today, but have been to knee consultant who is referring me for an mri, then he said depending on how bad the damage is it will either be an injection or keyhole surgery

tommy - sorry to hear Mrs T is back at hospital, kids take these things really badly and always imagine the worst - remember your daughter will only have made the connection cancer=death and won't realise that treatment for breast cancer is now very successful, but not easy to go through. hugs to you and family

14/02/2013 at 21:25

Sorry to hear that Tommy

5:30am. A good run.

14/02/2013 at 22:31

just over 4 miles this morning and arms and shoulders recovering from first swim session with Farnham Tri club - 2.4k at the garrison pool. NW a couple of crows and some small birds. Rusty's still finding banana skins to gobble up on his way round!

Tommy - sorry to hear that. 

15/02/2013 at 06:17

Morning you lot

4M Done, dry and mild ! thi smorning

NW: 1 owl, 4 horses, 1 Kingsmill Van, 2 cyclists, 2 earthmovers.

PW: 1 car.

PSC    pirate
15/02/2013 at 07:42

I am feeling nice and smug... I have run AND turbo'ed this morning   I even did some core exercises afterwards... 

TG, thoughts and prayers coming your way...  kids are pretty resilient once they understand what is going on... ((()))

Maths - sounds like you are making progress with the medicos...

Morning SOC Team

15/02/2013 at 08:42

Morning all, TG echo the other thoughts on here, take care.

On the treadmill again for a 6 miler at recovery pace with 6x100m strides.

Actually very easy doing the strides on a treadmill, slam the speed up to where you need to be takes a couple of seconds and then I sprint for 0.1 mile, actually more than 100m but not much, then slam back down to recovery speed, and just repeat 6 times.  Because you are on flat even surface it allows you to concentrate on your running form without having to look out for traffic, parked cars, lumps and bumps, drain covers etc. that you do when you are outside.

And I finished The Wire, the whole five series with about 9 episodes in each. It's taken some time but then I guess it did if you watched it live when it was on TV, mine has just been accompanied by I am guessing about 300 miles or a 36,000 calorie equivalent, now you don't do that in couch potato style So many promises, so many lives lost or ruined and what was it all for, nothings changed.  Short summary perhaps but well worth watching.

Enjoy the weekend

15/02/2013 at 09:34

morning all

turbo for me this morning

JF50 - I loved the wire, feel inspired to watch it again now!

11,721 to 11,740 of 16,236 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.