Who else gets up at stupid O clock to run ??

11,741 to 11,760 of 17,046 messages
15/02/2013 at 10:02

MC enjoy that turbo.  Agree on The Wire, not often I get involved in a series like that but found it addictive.  However frustrating at the end, you just want to see change, but I guess there it reflects life so well, how many politicians have we heard spout on TV over how many years that it will all be better with us?  Blah blah

Runners should be in charge of the world, we could look after the mornings from this thread

15/02/2013 at 19:48

Evening

JF: Saw a bit of Question Time last night. Why don't politicians ever give a straight answer to a question put to them ?

15/02/2013 at 21:24

Evening..

Rusty caught a squirrel today and ate most of it! He's getting faster by the day!

PSC    pirate
16/02/2013 at 06:34

small deer next then

Off to play on my bike and swim and bike again!  In other words, I am cycling to the pool - 16 miles away! 

Have fun folks..

16/02/2013 at 07:54

morning

off to the masters swim session this morning. Driving there though, and it is about 14 miles. Am planning to start cycling there at some point - although I will have to sort out a backpack big enough to get all my kit in

16/02/2013 at 07:59

Maths - one of these should do the job!

Backpack

16/02/2013 at 08:20

not sure I would get up hills with that on my back!! be good training though...

16/02/2013 at 08:30

Morning chris,maths and psc.

Easy session for me today. Smiry rain on when out.

NW: 1 owl, 1 dog, 1 cat (moved swiftly when saw the dog), 2 cyclists going at a  fair pace. 2 earthmovers,

16/02/2013 at 08:31

Morning all, long shift at work for me today so it's a rest day.  18 miler tomorrow so will be out at a reasonable time to leave some day for other things.

16/02/2013 at 08:34

Morning JF. Hope the 18miler goes well tomorrow

16/02/2013 at 10:52

Good morning all

After a week of rest and foam roller the quad feels a lot better .Today 9 miles inc a easy paced park run.

TG ,Best thoughts and wishes to you and your family and this difficult time.

Chris, squirrel in some parts of America is considered a delicacy and probably a lot nicer than all those banana skins he has been eating.

5.30, 20 league games without a win and div4  not good at all and it only seems like yesterday we played you in the cup final. Just not right that the club and fans should see such a fall from grace due to inept management.

Edited: 16/02/2013 at 10:53
16/02/2013 at 16:54

Afternoon all - run, weights and spin for me this morning, heading off the pool shortly, probably very stupid as I have a 20 mile race tomorrow. A week of very little sleep is going to mean it will be a struggle, and I'm trying out my no carb approach which could be interesting, I have a cheese slice for the way round and a gel for emergencies. I've been trying to train my body to run off its fat stores, as there is plenty there.... will see how it goes. valis, glad you're feeling better, PSC, you have clearly recovered well from last weekend. MC, I could see you toppling off backwards if you filled that backpack up. Chris, your pooper scooping must be pretty fierce with Rusty's current diet. Hope the long one goes well JF, and you get some sun soon birky.

16/02/2013 at 17:58

Busy day so far.. 10k run, 12k cycle to the pool, 1500m swim, 12k cycle home, 2 hour hike with Rusty and out for curry and beers tonight. Feels like spring has arrived!!

Good luck with the 20 miler and 'no carbo approach'  Kate. 

PSC    pirate
16/02/2013 at 18:08

Kate - carb free running is popular with some ultra runners... I recently read the blog of someone who ran the SDW and he did it on a bag of peanuts, cheese hunks and squares of choritzo (all mixed together like a protein lucky dip)!  You are doing loads more training than most I know!  Good luck tomorrow. LOL, just noticed that there is a "low carb runners" open group on Facebook!

Maths, have a look at the Carridice range of saddle bags....  you can get everything you need into them.  I commute with mine as well as do the occassional ride to the pool.

Edited: 16/02/2013 at 18:15
16/02/2013 at 19:25

PSC - do you need to buy a bracket or anything or do the just fasten onto the seat? do I need a lot of clearance between seat and wheel?

17/02/2013 at 00:21

Morning !

Waiting to go and collect oldest son from a party ...

17/02/2013 at 09:52

Good morning all

19 miles this chilly morning

OR -2   NW 2 Foxes couple of squirrels and a few magpies. Pw 2 vans and 1 car.

This month is a busy one last week football, today off to Hatfield House to see the R.S.C performing twelfth night. Next weekend is Mrs V's Xmas present and we off to Oxford to see sleeping beauty the ballet performed by the english national.

Birky, Hope your late night taxi service didnt keep you up too long.

Kate, Good luck today

Chris, After that epic day of exercise you deserved a curry and beers

PSC    pirate
17/02/2013 at 09:57
mathschick wrote (see)

PSC - do you need to buy a bracket or anything or do the just fasten onto the seat? do I need a lot of clearance between seat and wheel?

I have got a QR system like this one (but without the supporting brackets below the main L shaped bit...) LINK  I think that there are other brackets that you can use, but not sure.  Mine stays clear of the back wheel.  If you like I can post pictures....

Morning peeps - there is a strange orange thing in the sky.  Not sure what it is so staying indoors!   Will go out later.......

17/02/2013 at 09:57

morning all

2 hours easy turbo this morning

valis - nice cultural time

Kate - good luck today, be interesting to see how the no carb approach works for you. Wondering why you are doing it?

17/02/2013 at 11:17

Another 20miles this morning - very enjoyable, partly because of the weather and it definately being lighter - head torch "discarded" much earlier than normal

5.30 - very sad what has happened at your club - I think the "fit & proper" test/review re club owners is a crock..! The departure of Appleton couldn't have helped - as it hasn't since he jumped our ship "helmed" by a dodgy owner who doesn't give a hoot about the club/fans to another club with dodgy owners!! Still, looks like a decision well made by him, although where's the loyalty these days!? Rant over!!

11,741 to 11,760 of 17,046 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.