Who else gets up at stupid O clock to run ??

11,761 to 11,780 of 13,606 messages
01/03/2014 at 14:22

Good afternoon all

14 miles this morning including  Park run very nice here cold start but the sun is making up for its last few months of absence.

Been a busy week Mrs made redundant left on Thursday , yesterday saw in trade mag that the Md at my last company had left .The story didn't sound right and after a few calls found out the MD had taken the company down to its knees half the warehouse staff  made redundant (if I had stayed there I would of been one of them) and it will be touch and go over the next few months for the company's future. 

Good luck to all racing this weekend.

01/03/2014 at 15:16
Just run my first sub 18 parkrun since 2011 and it was big .... 17.29 for the win at Kings Lynn

I am very happy with this as it was even better than expected
01/03/2014 at 17:44

well done gobi 

valis - sorry to hear about your wife's redundancy, but it's good that it isn't both of you at the same time

02/03/2014 at 10:13

Good morning all 

23 miles this morning,started in the rain and finished it in bright sunshine.

NW 2 Heron, 4 horsers lots of ducks,swans and moorhens DW 1 hedgehog

OR 1 and also saw several small groups of anglers setting up for a match.

Maths/Birky Mrs V say thanks but shes glad to be out and it the ones that are left she feels sorry for double the work load and no pay rise for the third year and in some cases a pay cut.

Gobi ,Well done whats next.

02/03/2014 at 10:25

Morning all

6m incl parkrun yesterday and 3 miles with my dog Friday, thinking of taking him to the next parkrun.

Gobi - well done on your parkrun

Valis - glad your wife isn't too down about the work situation

hope everyone is having a good weekend

02/03/2014 at 10:52

morning

valis - certainly sounds like she is better off out of there

15 miles run/walk this morning, it was hard but I stuck with it. No idea how I am going to find another 11 miles for the whole marathon but stubbornness should get me through

02/03/2014 at 18:18

Evening all - 12 miles and a decent swim this morning, muddy, 3 miles uphill, lovely. OR 4 NW multiple sheep and 12 magpies. Valis, nice back to back work, MC, well done on a long run. Gobi, speed merchant. 

02/03/2014 at 19:29

Took the achey legs out for a 10k off road jog this morning.

The BallBuster was tough as usual and the suffering was all the more due to forgetting my cycling gloves! So I rode the first lap with blocks of ice attached to my lower arms and had to make an unscheduled stop to retrieve some thick gloves from the car before continuing. The stop cost me a few minutes and left me in danger of missing the 3 hour cut-off for finishing the cycle leg but I just squeezed in and finished in 4hrs 24 which was considerably slower than my last attempt in November. Still, I was happy to get round in one piece - there were a lot of walking wounded, broken bikes and DNFs. And as someone posted on twitter..

"For any runners who aren,t happy with their run. When you go into work tomorrow, look round and see who could do what you did this weekend"

Edited: 02/03/2014 at 19:29
02/03/2014 at 19:33
Valis - would you believe I have no running goals

I am pacing next week at Poole parkrun and pacing at Eastleigh 10km on the 23rd but I have no aims of my own.
02/03/2014 at 20:47

Oh and belatedly, go stingers.

PSC    pirate
03/03/2014 at 06:42
Chris, good busting!

Valis, sorry about your news... I'm sure everything will work out. As they say, as one door closes, another opens. .

Steyning Stinger was muddy I gather! Nice day for it though.

Morning everyone, managed to fit 10 in yesterday, but got cold so didn't do the other 10 of the LSR! Oh well, did the garden instead.....
03/03/2014 at 07:48

Morning - just a T25 prance this morning, run, spin swim later. Lovely day again.

03/03/2014 at 08:31
Ride in the dry for me today and I can report daylight is coming

Chris - well done at ball buster, a friend of mine was a DNF due to a broken crank
03/03/2014 at 09:43

Morning

Gobi -  well done on the parkrun!

PSC - you're correct! It was a mud bath and didnt get to see 5.30  A fun day out though!

Slept through my alarm this morning so did a tempo run at 6am *groans*

03/03/2014 at 13:14

Good Afternoon L&G

I was there Emmy, in the mud and wind. Mile 2-3 was crazy, but after that it wasn't too bad. Another one done. Well done.

03/03/2014 at 13:49

5.30 - I heard that you ran with Jane and Maria? It was hellish for the first few miles and the last 800m was awful. I had to pick up a girl who had fallen and got stuck in the brambles

03/03/2014 at 17:14

Emmy - I heard you ran with my mate Matt, recent 100MC man. Yes, Jane, Maria and I had a good Sunday morning jaunt. We started at 7.30am.The different start times meant I didn't see many regulars. I was lucky when I got stuck and lost a shoe...I just about stayed upright!

Thanks Birky..

03/03/2014 at 20:29

hi all

5 miles this morning followed by dog walk, got soaked by 2 heavy showers, it was still an enjoyable run though 

04/03/2014 at 07:47

Morning all - just T25 again this morning, track tonight. Hardest spin class in a while ast night, 120 rpm intervals, I did think my eyes were going to pop out at one point. It looks like the Stingers had a funny, muddy day out, I cycled to Steyning on Saturday and there was a lot of water still around then. Who's having pancakes and giving up something for lent?

04/03/2014 at 08:00

morning

4 slow frosty miles, and it was just getting light as I got home

atheist so no pancakes or giving things up for lent....

11,761 to 11,780 of 13,606 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.