Who else gets up at stupid O clock to run ??

11,761 to 11,780 of 16,494 messages
17/02/2013 at 15:38

Afternoon all - 20 miles, some even in the sunshine done, new PB although I haven't done the distance for a couple of years, 2.52/3 depending on the watch or timing clock, have to wait and see what the chips says. It's quite a pro race with a car with the time on and another clock on the way round, needless to say I didn't trouble the leaders. No carb seemed to go well, no need for my emergency gel, eating cheese did feel a little odd though. MC, I'm trying it to see whether I can train my body to use its fat stores rather than relying on carbs for long distance stuff, I don't eat sweet food often so gels etc make my mouth a bit gacky in a race. I tend not to use any food or drink at all in training for less than 17 miles anyway, and if I shift a few pounds as well it's a bonus.. John and valis, I'm sure you'll depress me that your training runs were quicker than my race. PSC and MC, you are talking geek language! Birky, hope you weren't up at SOC after your late night. Right then, cider calls!

17/02/2013 at 16:06

Good Afternoon L&G

Footie bit...

Valis- I remember turning around after the match at Wembley and telling my son to take a mental picture of the scene, as this was unlikely to happen again for many, many years. If Boateng had scored that penalty we would have won. However, we should have been 5-0 down at HT!

John - Thanks for your sentiments. Didn't win yesterday either. Now rock bottom. 21 without a win!  I keep telling my son it's character building.

Footie over...sorry

Well done Kate. I used to run a gym for nearly 15 years so I've encountered every conceivable diet/food regime. I have to say most are rubbish and are pure fads. I would further say that the effort you put into your training has proven that you are an ace athlete anyway.

So many stories over the years....Remember one rather large newbie entering her first aerobic class saying she wouldn't complete the abs crunches at the end because she didn't want a six pack....

PSC, MC & Coco..... I can barely run so tri people are on a pedestal......

18/02/2013 at 06:16

Morning

Cold and frosty one up here. Yeah taxi services, rather that than hepaid say £20 for a few mile journey !

NW: 1 owl, 1 Kingsmill Van, 1 cyclist, 4 horses.

Need to catch up.

18/02/2013 at 07:31

Morning all - weights in the utility room for me this morning, shame, looks beautiful out there. Stayed light much later yesterday afternoon, apart from the cold Spring is on its way.

18/02/2013 at 07:57

morning 

rest day for me

I am loving the longer days - setting out for work when it is getting light and there still being some light when school has finished!

Half term for me and we have a night without kids tonight!

18/02/2013 at 08:34

Morning all, NOC for me today with an 8 miler this evening.  Ran a 18.5 miler yesterday with 12 miles at MP.

18/02/2013 at 09:10

Morning everyone.

Struggled to get online for a little while, but my running has been good.  Did a 10 miler on Friday, another sub20 Parkrun on Saturday and 12 long slow miles yesterday with Reading Half just 4 weeks away now.

4 easy recovery miles this morning, I've got a works mea tonight so the timing of tomorrow's rest day is most opportune

18/02/2013 at 13:31

Rest day today, did 14 Miles yesterday with a hangover so pretty pleased with that, although did have to go straight back to bed afterwards

Mathschick - enjoy the night without kids!

19/02/2013 at 06:18

Morning

4M steadily done. Cold and frosty one again.

NW: 1 owl, 1 KingsmillVan, 1 fox, 1 cyclist, 4 horses, 2 llamas.

Miss B is 13 today !

Dobster:14miles with hangover !

PSC    pirate
19/02/2013 at 06:32
Many happies to the "teenager" miss B.

Foggy in Kent. Morning!
19/02/2013 at 06:40
Morning all - trip up North for me today for a meeting, 8 hours on the train so early start to try and get back for track. Happy birthday to Miss b. Dobster, I did the same last weekend, ouch it hurt and it was slow. MC, hope you had kid free fun. MK, you sound like you're ready for Reading. Cold weather on its way back apparently, what does your guru say Chris?
19/02/2013 at 08:47

Morning everyone.

F-f-f-f-freezing here in Norfolk, -5 when I went out for an easy 5miles (was going to be a rest day, but I ate a riduculous amount of chinese food last night and felt the need to burn some of it off!).

Can't quite decide if my failing was the scoffing last night or the lack of faith in the power of a rest day!?!

19/02/2013 at 08:48

morning

happy birthday to miss B

nice kid free night but why am I totally unable to sleep in??? awake before 5:30 and cos we are in a hotel room just lay in bed not wanting to wake OH!!

19/02/2013 at 12:59

Happy bday Miss B!  I remember being extremely excited about turning 13 and becoming a TEENAGER!!!  ha ha!

Can I get some help from peeps on my training plan?  It's telling me to do the following:

Tue 6 of 1M jog and strides, then 10 x 400 mins, with 200m (1-min 30) jog recoveries, then 1M jog

This makes no sense to me at all.  I think some is a typo but what is a stride???

Thanks!

Edited: 19/02/2013 at 12:59
19/02/2013 at 14:09

Dobster - 10x400 mins is a long time!!

Kate - will ask Ulric what's going on with the weather!

Beautiful sunrise over misty valley this morning. 4 miles done. NW assorted birds, DW 1 Green Woodpecker.

19/02/2013 at 17:10

Good Afternoon L&G

10.5 miles today in fantastic weather.

Was on for a PB for this run which I have done dozens of times, only to be confronted by a road closed sign a mile from the end. I even considered hauling myself over the barrier but one  of the "workers" was displeased....

Doh and double doh!

Kate - 8 hours on a train.... I hope the laptop was charged up....

19/02/2013 at 23:22

out swimming with Farnham Tri Club this evening... just short of 3k in the pool so feeling pleasantly tired!

20/02/2013 at 06:04

Good morning all

6 miles this morning seemed a bit quieter than normal today.

Nw 1 fox.

Birky, belated happy birthday to little miss B.

Kate, Won't depress you, if I had of run another mile on Sunday to take my training run up to 20 miles I would of finnished  2 minutes later than you.

20/02/2013 at 06:09

Morning valis

Cheers you lot for best wishes for our new teenager.

4m steady, milder, no frost or wind.

20/02/2013 at 07:41

Morning all - weights again this morning after a tough track session last night, 5 x 1K reps. Swim tonight, impressive distance Chris! 5.30, you will have to complain to the council. valis, you must be hoping for a very speedy time in Brighton. Happy hump day.

11,761 to 11,780 of 16,494 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.