Who else gets up at stupid O clock to run ??

11,781 to 11,800 of 17,076 messages
20/02/2013 at 09:15

Morning everyone.

It's Wednesday so for me that means it's Intervals day.  My 3rd week of trying the Audiofuel 3 Step intervals, not any easier this week, but I improved my pace by 15seconds per mile in each of the effort intervals, so I'm pleased with that.

Definitite rest day tomorrow.  If I come back here reporting that I snuck out for an easy couple of miles, please boo and hiss at me.

20/02/2013 at 09:48

morning all

early morning swim today, 3k, feeling tired now!! 

MK - well done on the intervals

21/02/2013 at 06:24

Morning

Cold and frosty one again. 4M Fartlek done. Hard !

NW: 1 owl, 4 cyclists, 2 llamas,2 or 3 Post Office Vans, 2 cyclists.3 Earthmovers. 1 disgarded black trainer at side of road !

PW: 1 car

PSC    pirate
21/02/2013 at 07:51

morning gang..

Injury still niggling (psoas), although have had a long session on Tuesday with a GP who is referring me to a sports physician as he thinks it might be something else... isn't stopping me running though.. and have another physio session tonight!  Blimey, I'm a right old crock!

45 mins done this morning on the treadie... strides.  2 miles warm up on 8.5 min mile pace, then 10x (6 min mile for 30 seconds with 1m recovery on 7.5 min mile) followed by recovery for rest of session at 8mm and slowing!  Feel great.  I'm going to add some techie stuff into the mix as I've got some spring marathons to prepare for - including Brighton which I got a place for yesterday!!  It was going spare at work (we have our own charity for alzheimer's and the aged) and they didn't want to lose the opportunity of having places in future years so someone asked me to run it as I was "marathon ready, and a nutter"....  Woohoo.

Have a grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreat day folks!

Edited: 21/02/2013 at 07:52
21/02/2013 at 08:25

Morning all - 7 miles, brrrrr, 2 cats and 1 OR. Good hard workouts birky and PSC, there will be a little Brighton SOC contingent then with PSC, valis and I. I will be the sweeper for you two!

21/02/2013 at 08:35

Morning all, somehow I missed yesterday on here, work getting in the way.  Ran 8 miles with 5x800m at 5km pace yesterday, waited until light was just breaking.  Today 5 miles on my treadmill, nice and gentle on the legs, recovery pace, no NW but Tommy live by The Who waking me up gently!

Late shout on Brighton PSC, guess you are more than ready already.  Kate I think first finisher buys the drinks.

21/02/2013 at 08:45

morning

PSC - nice one getting the Brighton place

nothing for me yet, as it is half term though I deserved one day where I stayed in bed till 8! Off to the gym while youngest son is doing a swimming activity though

21/02/2013 at 11:00

PSC - again from me, nice one with Brighton.  We have a different charity each year at work, in the shortlist was Altziemers Society, which got my vote and as we raise £5k each year I was hoping I'd be able to get a charity place for a big marathon into the deal too - but Norfolk Young Carers was chosen by the majority - a very worthwhile charity without doubt and we'll all do our bit here to raise lots for them over the next 12 months (pancake day raised £82 already!) but would have been nice to get a marathon place too.

Rest day today!!!!  And enjoyed the lay in

PSC    pirate
21/02/2013 at 21:34

Martin, good one on the Alzheimer's society... my mother and father in law both have Alzheimer's and it's a horrific disease.  Mum doesn't know me anymore, and you can clearly see how distressed she is by the insidious confusion caused by the illness.  My FinL is in better shape, and thank God we are holding it at bay with treatment.

22/02/2013 at 05:43
Good Morning L&G

The Alzheimer's Society is a great charity. I watched a documentary a year or so ago about a journalist slowly losing their battle . It was heartrending, frightening and thought provoking.

No SOC today or tomorrow as I have my first marathon of the year on Sunday.

We finally received my son's 11 plus results yesterday for the local private grammar school. It was a path I was reluctant to take but the two state schools nearby are poor to just about OK and we didn't want to play the "church game" like so many parents for a highly rated secondary school. Well, I knew my son was a bright boy but we were flabbergasted when he was awarded a Foundation Scholarship for coming in the top 5 out of over 250 applicants. It reduces the fees a bit but without doubt it was was my proudest moment as a parent. Not bad considering he is the youngest in his current class.

Ipod touch has been 1-clicked on amazon...
PSC    pirate
22/02/2013 at 05:46
Brilliant news. Well done to your lad.

Morning team...
PSC    pirate
22/02/2013 at 06:11
Just heard... I've got a place in the poets path potter trail mara this weekend. Much more fun than a 70 mike bike sportiff in the snow.

Off to the treadie now.....

Laters
22/02/2013 at 06:20

Morning

5:30: To your son re his exam 'Take a bow son' as Andy Gray used to say on Sky Sports. Well done to him.

Milder morning, easier run for me. Bit stiff legged.

psc: Good news for you too.

PSC    pirate
22/02/2013 at 07:10

ouch... fell off the bloody thing!  Road rash from a treadie and a bruised knee!  Muppet.

Now where is the arnica  

(4 miles done)!

22/02/2013 at 08:10

Morning all - 7.8 miles at a pretty good pace, 1 Hovis van, 1 Warburtons van. 5.30, big congratulations to your son, good luck with the Heartbreaker on Sunday. I made a monumental cock up with that race last year and missed the start! Set off after what I thought was the back of the pack to find it was a marshal, then had to run back to the start past everyone going the other way and start on my lonesome. As its laps everyone got plently of opportunities to laugh at me on the way round. PSC, oh dear, not great training for Sunday! Agreed with the Alzheimer's charity, my grandfather had it and it was such a sad thing to go through. Client drinks tonight so expecting a sore head tomorrow.

22/02/2013 at 08:38

Morning all, out at 5.20am for an 8 miler with 8x100m strides, done as repeats between 4 lamp post distance in an industrial estate, much to the amusement of a couple of people having a fag outside one of the units!

5.30am great news  for your son and you. 

PSC that is funny, most of us probably use a treadie to give us a gentle ride in safe conditions.  Hope you are fine for Sunday though.

Kate some good miles, funny story re the race though guess you didn't laugh at the time!

Morning Birkie, hope the legs ease out through the day.

22/02/2013 at 08:51

morning all

5:30, massive well done to your son, that is brilliant. Hope he uses his brain wisely, not like my son at the moment in the first year of secondary and is more interested in the social scene and messing about!

PSC - hope your knee is ok and isn't going to mess up the weekend's marathon

good luck to you too 5:30 for yours

my husband's grandad had alzheimer's - it was sad going to visit him in the care home, just stuck in doing jigsaws when he was a country man used to pottering around his garden, and some of the others there were not in a good state. His grandmother is now going to same way, but is still at home for now.

well, no soc for me as I was out late with the tri club - pub after swimming and ended up not going to bed till midnight - very late for me! Hamstrings are very achy so I will turbo, stretch and foam roller later

22/02/2013 at 21:20

5:30, great result for your son. hope he enjoys his ipod! 

snowing here at the moment so could be a chilly run in the morning, followed by some chilly cycling!

and now it's time for a walk to the pub with rusty!

PSC    pirate
23/02/2013 at 07:22

MORNING  

Come on you lot, shake a leg.  Its my rest day so I need to exercise vicariously through you lot.

23/02/2013 at 08:19

Morning psc.

valis: Blues just avoided extra time on Thurs night.

Easy session in daylight for me.

NW: 3 BMWs, 6 earthmover machines, 4 dogs, 1 cyclist, 2 broken bottles on path,

11,781 to 11,800 of 17,076 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.