Who else gets up at stupid O clock to run ??

11,801 to 11,820 of 15,615 messages
23/02/2013 at 08:19

Morning psc.

valis: Blues just avoided extra time on Thurs night.

Easy session in daylight for me.

NW: 3 BMWs, 6 earthmover machines, 4 dogs, 1 cyclist, 2 broken bottles on path,

23/02/2013 at 08:24

morning

masters swim session for me this morning, and possibly the gym later

23/02/2013 at 08:54

Morning maths.

All the best with your swim.

PSC    pirate
23/02/2013 at 10:03
Morning peeps....
23/02/2013 at 10:26

Good morning all

10 miles this morning inc park run ,which was a faster than lately one however nowhere near martin king fast though ( Martin hope you a good one today too).

Birky, was going to add espn to my tv package glad I made do with commentary as it was a poor game. Could end up facing martins team in the final if we buck up a bit.

Psc, Look forward to seeing you at Brighton along with  Kate and good luck racing this weekend.

Kate, Hope your heads not too sore

Chris , Hope Rusty stayed sober enough too walk you home.

Off soon to Oxford for the ballet. 23 years ago the mosh pit at gigs oh what has become of me

Edited: 23/02/2013 at 10:28
23/02/2013 at 12:30

PSC - How do you manage to stay fit to keep doing all these marathons??  So impressed!  Good luck with them.

5.30 - Congrats for your lad, that's impressive, who does he get his brains from?

Training took a dip this week, pulled my calf slightly last weekend on my 14M long run with a hangover.  Then stupidly played netball Monday, rested Tues, sprint work Weds and 8M thurs.  Now it's sore   Trying to decide how long I will need to rest it for and where that leaves my training plan.  Am having to miss my 16M tomorrow, do I just pick that up when I am fully rested or do I have to build myself back up again?  decisions, decisions.

Have a good saturday everyone!

23/02/2013 at 18:14

Dobster - depends how long it takes to recover. If you are out for a week you could just pick up from where you were, more than that and I would be tempted to start off gently and see how it goes. Well, even if you feel ok after a week still make the first run or two gentle just to make sure it is ok

more than 2 weeks and it isn't better - go see a physio would be my advice

23/02/2013 at 20:16

Evening all,

run and swim today (and car wash x2 and log sawing!)

busy out this morning - TA were on exercises plus loads of runners, cyclists, horses and dog walkers. 

3k swimthis afternoon and had the pool pretty much to myself apart from some girls doing synchronised swimming.

Now sat in front of the fire burning the afore mentioned logs and listening to Rodrigo and Gabriela. 

24/02/2013 at 08:21

morning

Chris - I love Rodrigo and Gabriela

nothing yet today, just didn't feel like it yet. Swim session tonight and I will hopefully have time for something else, but that pile of marking in the corner has been there all week and it is back to school tomorrow so need to sort it!

24/02/2013 at 09:37

Longest run for me this year this morning - 22miles in the bag before 8.30 (with kids still in bed!) - felt very comfortable and really enjoyed it - a great way to start the day! 

24/02/2013 at 09:39

well done John!

24/02/2013 at 10:28

Good morning all

22 miles also this morning well done John I didn't finish till 9.30 not very comfortable though mainly because it's the furthest I have run since last March .

NW 4 Horses 2 cats PW 2 cars and 1 van OR 3 Friendly 1 no response.

Enjoyed the ballet yesterday quite an experience and would go again , really can't believe I would say that.

Maths, Don't envy you having to do all that marking 

5.30 Congratulations to your son you must be very proud.

24/02/2013 at 10:42

Thanks m&v. What a difference 12months makes! This time last year the plantar fasciitis started and was worse 1st thing in the morning, resulting in me not being able to get many long runs 1st thing in the morning.

Well done for getting your 22miler in - I am sure the next one will be more comfortable

24/02/2013 at 12:33

Afternoon all - I was MIA yesterday as Friday night was a little more well oiled than planned and I left my laptop in the restaurant, fortunately it was still there so an unscheduled trip into London to collect it yesterday. 12 miles this morning, very hilly off road so took forever, swim planned for this afternoon. John and valis, impressive long running, PSC hope all goes well with your race today. MC, I bet you tell your pupils not to leave everything to the last day of the holidays. A daylight session birky, bet you haven't had one of those for a while. Chris, your swimming is putting me to shame. Fingers crossed your niggle clears up Dobster.

24/02/2013 at 20:33

Good Evening L&G

Thank you for all the congratulations for my son's great efforts.

Katef - Just how much did you drink??????

New Forest Heartbreaker Marathon

Last night was rather odd. I usually suffer nerves before a marathon but there were none yesterday evening and I hadn't even checked the race rucksack. Surprising, considering I've only been on four training runs this year. Anyway, by 11pm I started getting nerves about not having nerves and ended up falling asleep about 1.30am.

The perishing cold at the quirkily named Sandy Balls Holiday Village did nothing to lift the mood. There were no comedy moments at the start like last year so we trundled on through the Forest. A biting north easterly wind made mincemeat of my three layers and full length bottoms. When you're quite rubbish at running you never seem to warm up on days such as these.

With a 3-lap circuit there were plenty of opportunities to gauge how poor you are against your fellow runners. Thankfully, I wasn't last and managed to post a time under 5 hours, so job done.

Finishing with straddlers has the added benefit that you don't have to wait long to retrieve your bag after the race. The rather watery vegetable soup did little to warm me up.

But things were about to get worse. I had forgotten to turn the lights off and the car had a flat battery. To make myself feel better I decided to demolish a 200g bar of dairy milk,  whilst waiting for the AA. So that probably answers your question dobster - the brains are definitely from his mum.

This is further confirmed with my entry for the Steyning Stinger Marathon next weekend. Even the name intimidates me.

24/02/2013 at 21:21

Thanks Mathschick - It seems to be getting better.  I was meant to be doing 16 miles today and a half marathon race next weekend.  I'm thinking I will scraap the HM next weekend and aim for the 16 miles.  I will try running Tuesday (that's 4 days rest) and build it up to the weekend.

Chris - Rodrigo and Gabriela are awesome,  we saw them at V festival a few years ago, halfway through their set the music stopped suddenly and Gabriela says down the microphone "Oh, I broke my f*cking string".  Hilarious!! 

5.30 - well done on the sub 5 hours, not so well done on the AA callout

24/02/2013 at 21:56

5:30 - well done! At least you had the chocolate for recovery!

PSC    pirate
25/02/2013 at 07:40

morning peeps... no time to do a race report just yet as I've just woken up!  But, news.....  Bobo (my OH) and I crossed the line of the Poets Potter Trail Marathon together and were in joint first place!  Prize money and everything!  

What a brilliant day........

25/02/2013 at 07:45

PSC - massive well done to you and bobo can't imagine ever coming anywhere near the front!

rest day for me, shame because it felt a lot milder this morning

25/02/2013 at 14:01

PSC wow! Congratulations. 5.30, you make me chuckle, hopefully the Stinger course is drying out for you. Weights this morning for me, swim and spin later.

11,801 to 11,820 of 15,615 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.