Who else gets up at stupid O clock to run ??

11,821 to 11,840 of 16,838 messages
26/02/2013 at 06:05

Good morning all

6 miles this morning slow and steady as still a little stiff and achy from Sundays long run.

Psc, Congratulations to you and your OH .  

Edited: 26/02/2013 at 06:05
26/02/2013 at 06:13

Morning you lot

Morning valis: Poor display from Blues generally on Sunday. No real cutting edge.

4M Steadily done. Dry, mild, no wind. Okay run.

NW: 1 owl, 1 Kingsmill Van, 1 cyclist, 2 llamas, 5 horses, black bin bags-lots as its bin bag collection day.

Catch up time soon.

PSC    pirate
26/02/2013 at 06:27

morning, will catch up later as I am heading off to work for an early meeting! 

26/02/2013 at 06:39

Morning psc.

26/02/2013 at 07:08
Good Morning L&G

Well done PSC & Bobo. Fab performance.

Off to Fratton Park tonight - 22 games without a win.
26/02/2013 at 07:21

Birky, No idea either.

Psc, Good luck tonight.

26/02/2013 at 07:29

Morning all - just 3 miles this morning as track tonight 2 foxes and 1 OR, also Mr F out of bed before 6.15am which was a rare sign indeed. No SOC get together at the Brighton marathon for me now, firstly because I know I will get soundly beaten by valis and PSC, and also my brother has decided to defer his entry as he hasn't trained at all. The good news is I'm on the hunt for a long race in early April to get me ready for the main marathon of the year, North Dorset Villages. Feels a bit warmer out there today, quite sad as it's only 4 degrees. Have a good day all.

26/02/2013 at 07:58

Kate,

Sad we won't see you there, but on the other I lol (soundly beaten) you have just saved me the embarrassment of watching you cruise past me just 5 miles in, by which time judging from  my current training I will be panting and wheezing like a 90 year old asthmatic smoker.

26/02/2013 at 08:18

morning all

nothing for me today I have a grotty cold

Kate - I can recommend the Sussex Marathon - did the half last year and it is really well organised, you can park close, bananas and mars bars and bottled water at the aid stations, rural and hilly. I was supposed to be doing it this year, but my knee has scuppered that, but I am thinking of doing the half and race-walking it - we are going down there for the week anyway so I may as well do something and get a t-shirt and medal!

26/02/2013 at 08:18

Morning all, great run from 5.30, PSC and Bobo and a few good long runs put in over the weekend.

Valis that made me chuckle, moshpit to ballet!

NOC 7 miler  with 6x 100m strides for me last night.  Ran an easy 14 miler on Sunday to end a recovery week and a first for me in terms of strange sightings.  They have been working heavily on pylons and overhead wires in this area for about a year now, Sunday on my run I saw three  sort of gondoliers hung from the wires, each with a guy in them taking  down the spacers between the lines, a hand driven action to take them along the wires, bit like you will have seen on railway lines.  What no power to get them along

26/02/2013 at 09:25

MC, If I can get staff cover I may try out the Sussex, but at the moment it looks unlikely.

KateF, your brother has thrown the towel in far too early. I firmly believe in a low training regime. He's still got ages to go. I'll send him my plan, run, rest, rest, rest, rest, rest, rest, run, rest, rest.....and repeat.  He'll be fine.

Oh stuff it, I've just entered my first ultra, albeit a baby one.

12 days time....

Sometimes my stupidity knows no bounds. That'll teach me to surf the net instead of working.....

26/02/2013 at 21:42

MC, I was looking at that one as a few people from the club are doing it. 5.30, which ultra? JF, a very strange spot. Track tonight, a hard one, 8 miles all told, with the session 7 mins tempo, 3 x 3 mins, 3 x 2 mins, 3 x 1 mins, 7 mins tempo. Ouch.

27/02/2013 at 06:12

Morning and a foggy one up here.

27/02/2013 at 06:21

Morning birky - weather was all good in my utility room this morning for a weights session. The programme has started to get harder this week, a full hours session and all the bits I don't normally work on are getting a punishing. Long swim tonight too. Happy hump day all.

27/02/2013 at 06:41

Morning Kate.

Still very foggy up here.

PSC    pirate
27/02/2013 at 07:22

morning... God, is that the time!  I've been shopping - although not brought anything yet!!

27/02/2013 at 07:49
Good Morning L&G

Kate, New Forest 50k on the 10th March.

PSC, Go on buy an ultra!

Birky, 23 without a win after last night.
27/02/2013 at 08:26

morning

still feeling rubbish so nothing for me today either

Kate - I can highly recommend the Sussex one, really well organised and the kind of low key event that I love - I did the half last year. I think the person that won the marathon finished before I finished the half brill atmosphere though, and I believe there were showers etc at the end if you wanted them as the race HQ is at a community centre, so somewhere warm to wait before the start too

27/02/2013 at 08:31

Morning all. Out and running by 5am this morning, 11 miles with middle 7 at lactate threshold pace.  Hard work.  On the last couple of miles just light enough to head for a trail, disturbed a rookery, one hell of a racket above me as it seemed like a million birds taking off!

27/02/2013 at 09:19

JF50, "lactate threshold pace"

I think that's where I'm going wrong.

11,821 to 11,840 of 16,838 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.