Who else gets up at stupid O clock to run ??

11,921 to 11,940 of 16,354 messages
04/03/2013 at 00:16

Hi all,

just jumping on board (2nd attempt) at mastering the A.M workout, always been a night owl but it's proving difficult to get runs in with 2 young children, so hoping to begin workouts before they rise. guess still being up at 00.16 is not helping the cause.

04/03/2013 at 06:20

Morning

Welcome to slimline chips.

4M Fartlek. Okay run. Dry with no wind.

NW: Usual suspects. 1 owl, 1 Kingsmill Van, 2 llamas, 4 horses. Lots of blue bin bags as its recycle day.

PW: 1 car.

Catch up soon.

04/03/2013 at 08:29

Morning everyone,

Very good weekend - Reading Race Pack came through finally ( I was getting needlessly worried), did 14 miles on Saturday with 5 of them at better than my expected race pace, lovely Sunday lunch then a 2-1 win for Spurs in the North London Derby.

An easy 5.4miles this morning, trying to guage if this dull ache in my left quad is anything to worry about or just a minor niggle.

Hope everyone is well.

04/03/2013 at 09:08

morning all

semi-rest day for me, but swimming tonight

well done Kate

welcome, slimline chips. You are right, you need to get an early night to be able to get up early!

04/03/2013 at 09:59

Sorry for the football talk, sort of became a chat line between me and 5.30am as both of us were at work 

Birky I still see John Wark, lives in this area, oops sorry again

22 miles for me yesterday, lovely morning to run. Further to my previous spot of the guys working on the power lines on the pylons, lots of work on them again yesterday, no gondalas this time but they were tightening the wires so quite strange to run under them and hear them moving, you could see these devices hung under the pylons turning as somebody somewhere was pulling them!

Enjoy the week all.

04/03/2013 at 12:28

Good Afternoon L&G

Steyning Stinger Marathon

As I was driving yesterday morning I summed up the sort of runner I am. Slow and lethargic were the obvious first answers that squirmed out, but then I realised what I really was. With only six runs this year, and two of them being marathons, I'm nothing more than a "glory" runner. I'm only doing it for the satisfaction of finishing as many marathons as I can.

It begs the question why don't I choose nice flat road marathons instead of these stupid, bust your body up trials of attrition. Steyning Stinger, well it doesn't keep the beast hidden from you. Probably joint second in the hardest marathon category with the South Downs. The Greensands Trionium nonsense in October should have had a government health warning on it.

There were four official "stings". I counted at least 7. On the start line the elasticated belt bag which held my keys and blocs round my waist snapped. Great. So I put the small bag in my pocket. Concerned that the bag may fall out I then tied the band to the top of my shorts. That wasn't good, the bag kept falling out. So I had to hold it with a bottle in  the other hand. I looked like the village idiot with his colostomy bag in his hand.

It was also cold and a bitter east wind on the exposed hills. Still it was less cold than the Heartbreaker last weekend where the marshals were concerned about runner hypothermia.

Finished a little over 5 hours this time.

Next, New Forest 50k on Sunday..

04/03/2013 at 12:41
5.30am wrote (see)

There were four official "stings". I counted at least 7. On the start line the elasticated belt bag which held my keys and blocs round my waist snapped. Great. So I put the small bag in my pocket. Concerned that the bag may fall out I then tied the band to the top of my shorts. That wasn't good, the bag kept falling out. So I had to hold it with a bottle in  the other hand. I looked like the village idiot with his colostomy bag in his hand.

5.30am you do pick them, though as you say the name normally gives the game away.  Are you heading towards that 100 Club at some point?

04/03/2013 at 12:51

JF, that has to be the long term aim. I'm only just into double figures!

04/03/2013 at 20:07

Valis: Good 21 miler yesterday.

04/03/2013 at 22:29

Evening peeps - Good running everyone! 

Had better news today, went to Physio and he wasn't too concerned with my calf.  I can run now, but he said stick to 3 miles on alternate days at marathon pace.  Also add in some cycling.  Then when my leg feels better I can start ramping back up again.  London still looks promising! (Fingers crossed).

No more footy talk boys or us ladies will have to start talking handbags and shopping.......................actually, what I am talking about?  I hate shopping!!!!

05/03/2013 at 06:10

4M Steady. Cold, bit foggy. Okay run.

NW: Saw a deer not that far in distance, first timeseen a deer at SOC in ages.

dobster: Good news at physio, Handbags and shopping....

05/03/2013 at 06:17

Good morning all

6 miles this morning, heavy frost here but have just read today's temperatures could hit 15c

NW 2 Foxs Dw the Badger from Sunday

Birky , Cheers

Slimline, Welcome back

Dobster , Good news at the physio.  Handbags clutch bags or shoulder bags there is just so many to talk about where do we start. types

05/03/2013 at 06:24

Morning valis: Oh no, here we go re handbags...

05/03/2013 at 07:00

Yeah but a swagger bag made with kip  is going to have more room and last longer than a Minaudiere made from Peau de soie, you have just got to work out hoiw much kit you get get in to it.

Edited: 05/03/2013 at 07:01
05/03/2013 at 07:39

Morning all - busy here yesterday, and some seriously good running over the weekend. 4 miles from me this morning, NW 1 owl (heard but not seen) thought I saw an OR but it was someone sprinting for the station. Track tonight. I think 5.30 needs the bag guidance, another good race report. have a good day all.

05/03/2013 at 07:50

morning all

turbo for me this morning. freezing and very foggy here

dobster good news - handbags??

05/03/2013 at 08:24

This must be the wrong thread, where's the football talk

Morning all, NOC for me yesterday, 8 miles with 5 x 600m at 5km pace, bloomin hard!

Rest day today and a SOC 12 miler tomorrow, half dark/half light I reckon.

05/03/2013 at 10:35

morning all,

quite cold and frosty out this morning so glad I remembered to pop some gloves into the handbag before heading out! 

NW 3 deer, chased by Rusty, 1 green woodpecker, also chased by Rusty, 1 noisy rook which really annoyed Rusty so he chased that too, 1 OR with big black dog. 1 massive logging lorry.

Legs still sore from the Ballbuster so running very slowly at the moment. Swim session with the Tri Club tonight.

05/03/2013 at 12:00

ha ha!  Thought that would shake it up a bit. 

Valis - slightly conerned about your level of knowledge!!!

Maths - don't worry I couldn't be further away from being a girly girl, I'm more of a pint drinker than a handbag collector

Such a beautiful day today, out for 3 miles this evening and looking forward to it!

06/03/2013 at 06:11

Morning, 4 Steady miles for me. Bit of a plod

NW: 1 owl, 1 Kingsmill van, 1 cat, 4 horses, 2 BMWs 12 Post Office Vans.

HBW (Handbag watch !) 1 lady at bus stop

11,921 to 11,940 of 16,354 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.