Who else gets up at stupid O clock to run ??

11,961 to 11,980 of 15,569 messages
09/03/2013 at 09:13

Morning windy and cold again here

psc: No probs I thought initially it was my pc playing up

09/03/2013 at 11:35

Good morning all

N.O.C 10 miles from me today had to wait in for a plummer to give me a quote on a new boiler so no park run either.

Warm here at the moment hopr it holds out for tomorrow mornings S.O.C. 22 miler.

10/03/2013 at 08:39

morning all

today is orienteering with the scouts with the kids, then this afternoon a long bike, which will probably be on my turbo as we are forecast snow

happy mother's day everyone

PSC    pirate
10/03/2013 at 08:41

LOL... more snow! Great.

Happy Mothers Day to all the mums...

Be good to all the Dads/kids!

I'm off to visit my mum - 2 hours on the M25, she's worth it!

10/03/2013 at 09:49

Good morning all

22 miles bagged

Nw 1 cat, 4 horses and as i struggled gasped up the last incline on my run I spotted a red kite glidding effortlesslyand gracefullyabove some nearby fields(show off)

OR - 4.   PW 4 Cars and 1 van all blue lighting it in a convoy them 2 mins later going in the same direction another2 cars and 1 van.

Maths, sorry to hear your forcast snow ,I'm hoping it won't make it this far south.

Psc, Hope the M25 car park is moving a bit easier today.

Kate hope your move is going well.

Edited: 10/03/2013 at 09:49
11/03/2013 at 06:01

Morning from a  snowy Erskine

4M Steady and not a bad run.

valis: good 22 miler. Game of 2 halves yesterday from Blues eh ?

NW: 1 owl, 1 Kingsmill Van, 1 Gritter, 4 horses, 2 llamas,

PW:  1 car. HBW : Nil.

Going for woorks organised farewell meal at 5;30 tonight with colleagues. Its a works closing down meal !

PSC    pirate
11/03/2013 at 07:08

a light dusting of snow outside, enough to say "stay in bed" to me!

Morning gang..

11/03/2013 at 07:31

Morning all - house move completed, and Mr F has had our old carpet laid in the garage so almost a fancy gym for my weights today. Bike yesterday was bloomin freezing so well done for being out there for 22 miles valis, I think 5.30am might have got chilly too. Light dusting of snow here, but March is always cold.

11/03/2013 at 09:04

Morning all, NOC for me today.  Long run of 20 miles yesterday. At about 4 miles I could see two hares in a snow covered field doing what hares do best in March, no not that I said hares not rabbits!  Running and fighting.  In the time I went past them they ran to the opposite ends of the fields they were in (a very quick 5k pace I can tell you!) then ran at each other and sort of did that comedy chest jump at each other, threw a few punches and then hared off in the opposite direction.  Very funny.

Snowing again here this morning

11/03/2013 at 16:06

afternoon

didn't have time to post this morning, roads were so bad it took me twice as long as normal to get to work. really snowy and freezing cold here today

good nature spot JF

rest day, apart from masters swim later - need to have a rethink about rest days as I don't seem to have a proper rest day anymore

11/03/2013 at 21:37

Good Evening L&G

New Forest 50km

Well by now you probably have me down as a slightly erratic and nonsensical "runner". Lots of races and not much training. Well as the weather people predicted the balmy 2c and biting easterly wind turned up right on cue for the 9am start. Only 58 starters on a 3 lap extravaganza. It was slightly more undulating than expected and getting wet, muddy feet is never pleasurable on a six hour jaunt. I could predict the "hare" of the race at the start. A strapping man with only a vest and skimpy shorts on. Like a bullet he was gone, and in no time I was lapped. Wow, what a runner.

I found a partner to run the last 20 or so kilometres. The last refuelling stop was blown away by the incessant wind. Lovely. Even though I felt I could have gone on we stayed together to the finish. The company was appreciated, It could have been a very tedious and harsh run otherwise. We may have been the "tortoises" in the race but we finished. 15% of the participants DNF, including our friend the "hare"......

Oh, and I've nearly been talked into doing the SDW50 next month. Even I can't be that foolish, can I?

11/03/2013 at 21:48

Valis & JF, well done on your runs. That's a great effort when you haven't got a race.

Kate, trust the move went well and enjoy your garage gym.

PSC, I've had a thought, I think we may have run several miles of last years SD marathon together. If I recall correctly you were wearing your Pirates top and you had completed the VLM the month or so earlier. Oh, and you gave me the full rundown of the changes going on at work, which had led to a reduction in your training. You subsequently got bored and ran off!  Or have I got the wrong pirate?

PSC    pirate
11/03/2013 at 22:26
Lol.... Sounds suspiciously like me! I hope I didn't scamper off quite as rudely as that. If I dd.... I'm sorry!

ERM... look familiar? picture
Edited: 11/03/2013 at 22:43
12/03/2013 at 05:42

Good Morning all

6 miles this morning -2 here but the wind chill factor was pretty nasty .Nw -nil  all keeping warm.

Birky, Yeah but only one half was any good.

5.30 , Enjoyed your race report. Good luck on the sdw50.

PSC    pirate
12/03/2013 at 06:23

odd, that link doesn't work this morning..  lets try again... http://philoconnorphotographyltd.thirdlight.com/viewpicture.tlx?advsearchid=1363071267&pictureid=11110383591

Morning all - bloody raw out there.  I'm not even going to risk running in it.

Edited: 12/03/2013 at 06:24
12/03/2013 at 07:40
PSC, yep pretty much sure that was you (saw the pic last night). I should have added that you mentioned the pub visits after work which was the main reason for no SOCs... We ran together from about mile 4 to 9, when your blistering pace was too much for a then novice marathon runner.

No you weren't rude at all. It was a very civil good luck separation! Unlike the first time I met Kate. We had trundled through some pretty muddy and wet conditions together towards the end of the Chichester Challenge Marathon. As I fumbled in my camelbak at mile 24, she disappeared up the road. Several further attempts last year for retribution as you know failed. I'm not bitter though just a bit twisted....

Valis I haven't entered yet, But your good luck sentiments are appreciated. Hopefully, it will fill up quickly to save me the issue.
Edited: 12/03/2013 at 07:50
12/03/2013 at 07:54

morning all

5:30 - well done at New Forest

nothing for me yet today, masters swimming meant a bit of a late night. Will be going to the gym later though and maybe a turbo if I get time

12/03/2013 at 13:18

4 miles for me this morning, am dreading track tonight as it takes place in the windiest place in Surrey. 5.30, your time will come, very soon as you're now an ultra runner and marathons will be piddly in comparison.

13/03/2013 at 05:43

Good morning all

6 miles this morning,   4 degrees warmer than yesterday and fingers crossed have so far avoided any snow.

Got half a mile in to this mornings run before realising I had left my head torch behind, making a couple of roads and a few few miles a little precarious.

NW none i could see.

Happy hump day

13/03/2013 at 06:29

Morning

Cold clear day up here no snow.

Finish next Tuesday got 5 days holiday to take so taking me up til 26th March.

11,961 to 11,980 of 15,569 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.