Who else gets up at stupid O clock to run ??

12,001 to 12,020 of 17,244 messages
14/03/2013 at 07:22
Good Morning PSC, PSC, PSC....

I think you're doing the LDWA 28miler on the SD on the 7th April. The SDW50 is on the 13th the day before the Brighton marathon, from Worthing to Eastbourne 50miles.

I'm sure we'll meet up again soon though.

Oh, many congrats on your 12k this morning...
Edited: 14/03/2013 at 07:23
14/03/2013 at 07:50

morning

PSC - congrats on the 12K

turbo this morning

freezing here too, but lovely and sunny

14/03/2013 at 08:51

Well earned 12,000th PSC

Morning everyone.  Very cold for my morning run, -4 actual, but Garmin now tells me the temperature it also 'feels like' (presume wind chill etc?), which was -8, brrrrrr!!!

I THINK this morning's run was a well thought out one - I did 5.3 miles in total, 5 miles slow warm up, then 4 x 3 min intervals at my planned Half Marathon Pace (7m/m), with 5 minute recoveries and a 10 min warm down.  Hopefully enough distance to keep my legs ticking over and the intervals enough to keep me tuned into racepace without risk of over doing it - my usual weekly Intervals are 6 x 3mins (2 x 7m/m, 2x6.2m/m, 2x 5.45m/m) with 3min recoveries, so I think I've cut back the effort enough during my taper?

Has anyone tried using the SIS Nitrate Gels?  I've bought some to try this week.  They advise taking 6 over the 3 days leading into a race so it boosts your oxygen efficiency or somthing and imprve stamina.  Wondered if anyone had had any success or otherwise???

14/03/2013 at 09:39

Well done PSC, needed to get posting earlier to beat that. 

Out at 5am today, wow so frosty, not seen the roads as white all winter.  Not too bad underfoot for my 12 miler run at long run pace, so slow first 5 and then picked up a bit for the final miles.

NW more rabbits than I could count in one field as the light broke and 8 shetland ponies, they looked frozen as well

15/03/2013 at 18:51

evening all

where is everyone??

I was too busy to post this morning, but I did do a turbo, and after work have been to the gym for an hour run/walk on  the treadmill, not much running really though

15/03/2013 at 19:44

evening maths,

yes, very quiet on here today!

not much to report from Farnham; was out for a run with Rusty this morning and we saw some geese and some crows and another runner and a lady walking her dogs. 

Hope everyone has a good weekend - I'm off to Cheltenham tomorrow in a white van to pick up a sofa that jenny bought on ebay and then doing the Fleet Half Marathon on Sunday. 

And off to County Cork next weekend with the intention of painting the outside of the cottage but that assumes the weather will be dry. Fingers are crossed! 

16/03/2013 at 08:06

morning

spinning then swimming for me this morning

Chris - good luck for tomorrow

have an ill child so this afternoon will probably be watching films on the sofa...

16/03/2013 at 08:12

Morning, MC we all seem to have deserted you!  Enjoy that sofa day.

Good luck at Fleet Chris.

Colchester HM for me tomorrow, hoping for a glorious day, it's not forecast though!

16/03/2013 at 08:39
Good Morning L&G

Martin, I have to commend you on your methodology. It's so diametrically opposed to mine. I was contacted yesterday by an ultramarathon group to join their training run encompassing the first half of the SDW50 tomorrow morning. I said yes...

JF50, I know the course from last year and predict a time of 1:41 from your training exploits. Naughty of me I know...
16/03/2013 at 08:44

Morning

Forgot to post yesterday, wellactually I thought I had.

Went into work early as a favour. Really busy with only Mon and Tues to go...

16/03/2013 at 08:50

NW: 2 squirrels, 2 llamas, 6 horses, 1 Morrisons Lorry.

Morning to 5:30, JF and maths

16/03/2013 at 09:00

5.30, think I would be happy with that.

16/03/2013 at 12:56

Good morning all eh Afternoon even

10 miles inc park run and 8 miles cycling as I was on park run sign duty today. Now trying to dry shoes and remove mud from kit before washing.

Off tonight to see the magic band, used to be called Captain beefheart and the magic band. However the captain retired before dying a few years ago . Friend from lewes is making his way up to this so plenty to catch up on.

Chris and JF good luck on your Half marathons tomorrow hope the weather stays good.

Maths ,What films will you be watching

5.30. Not long before you enter your first 100 miler

Birky, good result after trying to make things hard for ourselves. What have you got planned after tuesday apart from an increase in running.

16/03/2013 at 13:25

valis - he has chosen to watch episodes of the simpons so far I am sure he has seen them all before.

I remember Captain Beefheart - hope it is good night

17/03/2013 at 12:56

Hello all - I have been MIA for a while, still training but no time to chat about it, full day of testing at the University yesterday as well, things are improving. Battling with a hangover today as celebrating my birthday in advance of the event tomorrow, mother's birthday today so she and my stepfather are coming to stay, better get the cake on the go. Good luck racers.

17/03/2013 at 13:03

hi everyone

Kate - happy birthday for tomorrow

2 hour turbo for me this morning, and swimming tonight.

17/03/2013 at 19:21

Hi all - 1.45.31 for the Fleet Half Marathon today so averaged 8 minutes/mile in cold and wet conditions. 

Kate - happy birthday in advance and hope the hangover's not too bad!

17/03/2013 at 20:42

Hey all, Thought i'd post here, I might be joining you all soon, I used to run quite a bit when I was unemployed now i've got a part time job  (jobs a job) but i have to wake up at 5ish for it, as i have to start at 6, and as its rather active i'm knackered when i get back in!

Hoping to get motivated, and start running first thing in the morning around 4ish, it's starting to get a bit warmer now also, no more excuses !! I've put on a few stone since i've stopped!

Got a week off next week, so hopefully can start getting into a routine of waking up early and running!! I love it when it's quiet / not many people around, so fingers crossed!

PSC    pirate
18/03/2013 at 06:13
Kate, many happies

Morning folks... Welcome zylo.
PSC    pirate
18/03/2013 at 06:19
Well done Chris on your 1:45 time. That's good solid running. I ran over the weekend into the woods around Paris supporting my OH on the Eco Trail de Paris. Very wet and muddy there too...... Will this shitty weather never end?
12,001 to 12,020 of 17,244 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.