Who else gets up at stupid O clock to run ??

12,081 to 12,100 of 17,088 messages
23/03/2013 at 12:49
Hello all - snowing here and I am also having mousy feelings about tomorrow's race like PSC. 2.5 hours on the bike this morning, then 25 mins on the treadmill, loving the brick sessions but too scared to go outside! Will try and swim later too. Good training this morning MC and valis, you're not marshalling the TP100? Holding on the phone to speak to the tax office at the moment, I hope things get more exciting. Have a good weekend all.
23/03/2013 at 14:35

Hi all

Had a fun time running in the snow this morning but ended up with very wet feet as it was snow of the wet variety! Zero count on the nature watch, not even the usual crows to be seen.

Made it up to Nottingham and back last night and flying to Cork at 10pm by which time the snow should have cleared away. 

will try to post from Ireland - there's wifi in the pub!!

PSC    pirate
24/03/2013 at 05:40
Ok.... Time to get up.

Morning you lot (as Birky would say)!

Good luck at yours Kate.
24/03/2013 at 07:14

And you too PSC, you're a brave one.

24/03/2013 at 07:41

Good morning all

A sad six miles this morning , the Gade valley marathon training run got cancelled due to the weather . This might of been a blessing in disguise though, as I set off to do 22 this morning my lower back was sore aching, after a 3 it started to feel very tender so I cut my run short and gingerly made my way home as it started to snow again.

24/03/2013 at 08:17

Morning

It's a Snow covered West of Scotland 1

valsi: Cheers re laundry bags, got quite enough thanks...

24/03/2013 at 09:38

morning all

kate and PSC - good luck and take care

valis - look after your back

snowy here as well, so a long hard turbo session for me

24/03/2013 at 09:41

Good morning. Very little snow in North West Wales - the north east of the country appears to have taken it all!? Possibly my last 6am run this morning before my marathon in 2 weeks and it it was an enjoyable, confidence boosting one - I have done more 20milers this time than I have in total for my previous 4 marathons!! Hopefully it will pay dividends!!

24/03/2013 at 16:07

Well, I can confirm that was cold, don't think we got over 1 degree, and a mild bout of hypothermia I think, I am a complete wuss in the cold. The buffalo mitts were doing their job valis but I had to take one off for my food - slices of cheese and nut bar, still carb free - and I suffered. 21 miles done though, pretty pleased as it comes on the back of a really heavy training week, will ease up a bit before the marathon in 2 weeks. valis, don't go hurting yourself now, the mileage is pretty good anyway. John, lucky you, is it cold though? MC, good choice, stay inside. Birky, at least you are used to the chilliness, us softy Southerners are struggling, apart from the hardcore PSC. Right, red wine to drink.

24/03/2013 at 17:51
Good Afternoon L&G

Well done to all who ventured out this weekend.

Endurance Life Coastal Marathon

Five runs, five consecutive weekends every one freezing cold. Up before 5am to prepare and commute the 1.5 hours to the start. A marathon that encompasses Beachy Head, Seven Sisters and the South Downs was always going to be tough.

Four base layers and a running jacket kept me relatively warm at the start. The new trail trainers were about to get an initiation they wouldn't forget. Oh, and before long we were up on the cliffs. Freezing temperatures and a brisk easterly wind. Up and down, up and down it was relentless. By the time we reached the forest it was a quagmire. Well and truly churned up by the faster runners.

Mile 20 took 20 minutes up to the top of Beachy Head, the wind making my eyes water, or was that the pain. Niall who was running up with me said enough was enough and headed down to the start for a DNF. The downhills were slippery and precarious. The only relatively flat part of the course was the last 4 miles.

Six hours, a personal worst time for a marathon, but completing that challenge meant far more to me than any PB. After 24 hours to consider it this marathon overtakes the Greensands Trionium as the toughest.

Today I've spent most of the day in bed. The cold won.

Finally not that impressed by the 'medal', more akin to a coke ring pull on a plug chain.
Edited: 24/03/2013 at 17:55
24/03/2013 at 18:21

5:30 - well done

Kate - well done to you too

hope PSC survived the cold as well

24/03/2013 at 20:45

5.30, every weekend pushes a new boundary of crazy, well done.

PSC    pirate
25/03/2013 at 06:55
I survived. 32.25 miles and ... mud glorious mud! Pics and a bit more of a report to follow later. Well done 5:30 and Kate. Hard conditions yesterday.

Morning peeps.
25/03/2013 at 07:24

Well done PSC. Garage weights session for me this morning, then spin and swim later. Have a good day all.

25/03/2013 at 09:27

morning all

well done PSC

early morning turbo for me, went to work, turned into the school drive and it was a nightmare, really thick ice and snow, got stuck, skidded, parked then found out they had decided to close school for the day! Pretty mad they didn't decide earlier and save us all the nightmare of driving into and out of the school site

anyway, OH has a meeting at work so going to ride along into Nottingham and go for a coffee at Neros after the meeting

25/03/2013 at 11:45

Morning

Was out at 6am. Cold but snow now gone,

NW: 1 owl, 6 earthmovers, 1 Morrisons Van, 3 BMWs, 1 Aldi Van, 2llamas,

25/03/2013 at 19:07

Evening you lot

Well dones to psc, Kate and 5:30.

maths: Sounds an awful drive !

25/03/2013 at 19:08

John: An early 'all the best' for your marathon from me.

26/03/2013 at 04:55

Good morning all

no run today back a little tender still and a couple of worring twinges here and there.

Going to do a foam roller session instead.

Psc ,Kate,5.30 , Well done on your Sunday efforts

26/03/2013 at 06:45

Mornng you lot

4M Temp run in lightly falling snow.

NW: 1 owl, 1 Kingsmill Van, 1 Porsche (again), 1 BMW, 6 earthmovers, 1 dog, 1 cat  2llamas 6 horses. Huddled together in at trees.

Morning valis.

12,081 to 12,100 of 17,088 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.