Who else gets up at stupid O clock to run ??

12,121 to 12,140 of 16,519 messages
28/03/2013 at 07:44

morning

beautiful morning here, cold, sunny loads of snow still about but doesn't feel quite so perishingly cold as it has been. Last day before Easter hols too

turbo done this morning, will go to the gym this afternoon for a bit of treadmill and some strength work

PSC - once I am back to running any kind of distance I will have to do some LDWA events, or I could do some walking, like the look of those feed stations!

28/03/2013 at 08:29

Morning all, out at 5am for a 10 mile VO2 which included 4 x 1200m at 5k pace.  Pretty tough way to try to wake up, cold shower would be less painful

My car outside air temo gauge was positive when I drove to work this morning

28/03/2013 at 10:57

Morning all,

brilliant run this morning - 7 miles in glorious sunshine along the coast and then turned inland and climbed up high for amazing views across the fields and out to sea. still very cold but bracing easterly wind. the painting is complete on the outside of the cottage but still plenty to do indoors. 

went to the pub last night for the most amazing fish pie and a few pints of murphys!!

29/03/2013 at 08:04

morning everyone

Chris - I love fish pie, but never make it for some reason

doing things the wrong way round, having breakfast before doing any exercise, makes me feel like I am having a lazy morning will turbo soon, then lunch out to treat the kids - youngest passed his grade 1 theory and eldest passed his grade 4 trumpet - both got merits so we are all very happy. Then this afternoon a long fast walk to work off the lunch and see if I have any chance of being able to walk the sussex half next week - no chance of running it, but if I could walk it at least I'll have the t-shirt, medal and the confidence that I can walk the HM at the end of the half ironman in June

29/03/2013 at 08:09

Morning you lot

Morning maths.

Well done your youngest

No snow falling this morning when walking Geordie.

NW: 1 owl, 1 Morrisons Van, 1 cat, 1 squirrel 4 BMWs. 1 runner in thestance

Indoor bike session later for a wee change.

PSC    pirate
29/03/2013 at 08:55

morning Maths and Birky, and everyone else..

We've got the snow - not much to be frank, but it is snowing. So I stayed in bed   It's a holiday so a lie in is allowed.

Have a happy Easter everyone.  Who gave up what for Lent? My fast was Cheese.  There is a lovely bit of goat cheese waiting for me in the fridge. 

30/03/2013 at 07:35

morning all

spinning then swimming for me today

then getting rid of the kids for a meal out for our 13th anniversary Sounds like a long time. Anniversary not actually till the 8th, but we are on holiday then

30/03/2013 at 08:34

Morning MC, enjoy the meal and congratulations.

Work for me today was the reason for getting out of bed far too early

30/03/2013 at 09:18
Morning all - 9 miles for me this morning, thought I'd make the most of it before the clocks change so a nice off road route. MC, we are doing the opposite to you and going out for a belated birthday meal tonight, hopefully you'll be up to Sussex so I'll see you there. Fish pie is one of my favourites too, had a lovely one recently with baby onions in, was a bit strange as I wasn't expecting them and thought they could be fish eyeballs. Managed to get out on the bike yesterday for a few hours, still blooming chilly. Trying for another 3k swim later to work up an appetite, not that I need any help. Enjoy the cheese PSC, and your biking birky.
30/03/2013 at 11:44

Good morning all

After a week of rest and recovery from the aches pains and strains, I was on Park run sign duty today. So a total of 12 miles run inc Park run. and 8 miles cycled to and from the park and putting out the signs and collecting them in again.

Maths , Congratulations and have a good time.

Kate ,Can't remember If I wished you a happy birthday the other week so happy birthday have a nice time tonight

Jf50 , Don't work too hard.

Psc, I gave up nothing for lent but I am sure I should have given up plenty.

30/03/2013 at 11:47

Valis, rest day for me today so trying to keep away from hard work!

PSC, my Lent continues a bit longer past VLM, then a few beers.

30/03/2013 at 13:21

Kate - didn't realise you had signed up for sussex - you'll be able to spot me - I'll be the one walking all the way! Enjoy your meal tonight

guess I should try for a long walk tomorrow morning - if I can do 10 miles tonorrow I can do 13 next week. Not ideal training, but I'm not running so it isn't quite the same in terms of recovery etc

30/03/2013 at 15:30
Flying back from Cork today so no running. Will be out tomorrow with Rusty. MC , have a great meal and congratulations.
31/03/2013 at 10:38

Good morning all

14 miles this morning thermometer showing -3 when I went out this morning.

decided to stay run in Black park and ventured across the A412 into Langley park took a couple of pictures first one the shinny blob in the center of the picture is Windsor castle and in the second is a lake designed by Capability Brown ,its a small lake but he put a couple of curves in to make it look like a river. trivia over hope Kate and Maths you are recovering well from your feasts and had a good time.

Photos another time keep getting an error message from runners world

off for family meal with my Mother cousin and sisters family's follwed by a long long walk

31/03/2013 at 14:00

Hello folks - a 9.5 mile run in beautiful sunshine this morning over the North Downs way, very sad Easter DW of a baby rabbit in my path, must have been dropped by a bird. 3K swim as well so feel I have burnt off last night's meal, long walk planned for this afternoon as well, with a number of pub refreshment stops. Happy Easter all.

31/03/2013 at 21:26

Evening and Happy Easter

5 miles this morning, back for a quick breakfast and then out for a long walk with the family and  Rusty. 

01/04/2013 at 13:24

afternoon all

well, yesterday managed 10 mile fast walk in 2.5 hours most of it up and down a half mile hill so feel confident I can do the half next week at a good walking pace. Sad to have to walk it but better than not doing it at all I think. And wondering whether I am actually going to match the pace at which I ran it last year!

01/04/2013 at 17:13
Afternoon - NOC bike for me today, 47 miles, very chilly, swam this morning as well so am feeling pretty smug. Off for another pub based walk now, not as fast as MC though!
PSC    pirate
02/04/2013 at 07:18

morning everyone and hope all had a happy and safe Easter.  The goat cheese in the fridge didn't last 2 mins!    Gorgeous...

I woke up this morning convincned that it was rest day (ie Monday), lay there for an hour and then sat bolt upright and shouted "bugger, it's Tuesday"!  LOL...

Congrats Maths and OH.  13 years, blimey, you guys are only just warming up!  We are past 20 already and loving it!

Have a great day folks.. there is a strange quality to the light outside, the BBC website is reporting "sunshine".  News to me

02/04/2013 at 07:21

Morning all - just 3 miles this morning to shake out the legs before track tonight, blimey it was cold. Glad your Easter was cheesy PSC.

12,121 to 12,140 of 16,519 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.