Who else gets up at stupid O clock to run ??

12,201 to 12,220 of 16,825 messages
08/04/2013 at 07:20

Morning all - just weights for me this morning, sorry, functional training to name it correctly. Really enjoyed the marathon yesterday, pretty brutal for a road race, ran to heart rate so had a slower second half finished in about 4.18. Sorry not to see you MC, we didn't get there until quite late then were catching up with club mates at the start. Beautiful scenery and well organised, I had outrider support from Mr F on the bike some of the way round too. Wasn't as brave as you in the shorts and T shirt though PSC.

08/04/2013 at 07:22

Morning Kate

08/04/2013 at 07:24

Morning birky, nice hill session for a Monday morning

08/04/2013 at 09:09

morning all

Kate - well done, it is a brutal route, but the organisation and scenery make up for it. 

PSC - well done to you, it certainly was a lovely day

rest day today, apart from walks around the ditchling beacon area, but as we are taking the kids it will be at a much easier pace than yesterday!

08/04/2013 at 11:45

Maths: cheers used to do a hill session on that hill about 11 years ago. Did 12-14 reps back then !

08/04/2013 at 14:28

In for  a quick nosey.

08/04/2013 at 20:51

Quietish today on here.

09/04/2013 at 07:15

Morning all - the rain is back - didn't see a thing this morning on my run except raindrops. Pretty chuffed to be 8th female on Sunday, my team mate was 4th and Mimi Anderson in second, don't mind being beaten by her! Birky, what happened to the race you were threatening to enter?

Tommygun2    pirate
09/04/2013 at 07:21

Morning

Yep the rain is back and so am I  very slow 4 miles plodded this morning. Right leg still giving me grief so off to the physio again.

NW 1 x fox

09/04/2013 at 07:40

Hi Tommy - long time no see, hope all is going well in the TG household.

Tommygun2    pirate
09/04/2013 at 07:45

Yep we are ok. halfway through the chemo therapy now and we my wife is still positive about the whole thing so all good.

Running not so good as I have had a injury that I just can't seem to shake off. Still off the fags one month now.

How is the Tri training going for Barcelona Kate

09/04/2013 at 07:54

Not bad thank, swimming 3K quite comfortably, the bike has been dusted off and the running is still the best bit. Glad Mrs TG is coming well, get that leg looked at and well done on being a non smoker.

09/04/2013 at 08:26

Morning all, been absent for a bit, must be taper and not having to run as much, and have used daylight at the other end of the day

Plan still on track though still not made my mind up yet on MP

TG well done on the smokes and hope the chemo and other treatment continues to push on well.

Good placing Kate.

09/04/2013 at 09:05

morning all

Kate - well done on Sunday. I did announce to my family that I came second in my category didn't stop them from telling me I was last though! But last out of 137 is good. Need to start running properly again, but still worried about my knee until I get the results of the mri

tommy - good to have you back. Glad Mrs TG is positive and hope the chemo finishes soon. Well done for stopping smoking

well I am holiday so felt totally justified in lying in bed listening to the rain pekting it down. Wet weather holiday plans include swimming pools so will be swimming later, and might do some stretching and strengthening too

09/04/2013 at 10:04

Morning you lot, sunny and cold up here.

Kate: It was full by the time I went to apply.

09/04/2013 at 10:25

Morning all,

wet run for me too. NW i woodpecker, 2 squaddies.

Kate and Maths, well done! Sounds like a tough course so all the more of an acheivment getting round and getting 8th lady and 2nd in category!!

PSC - another tough hilly ultra under the belt - looks pretty scenic too. Might give that one a try next year.

Tommy - good to hear the chemo's going well. Hope you get you injury sorted soon.

09/04/2013 at 13:31

All the best to you Tommy.

PSC    pirate
10/04/2013 at 07:19

Chris, it's well worth it.. I might be back next year as well.

Tommy, congrats on the fags... stick with it.  And good news about Mrs TG.

8 miles done yesterday for me will be last run before Brighton Mara next weekend, although might go for half an hour or so tomorrow just to stay sharp.

Have fun folks...

10/04/2013 at 08:53

Morning you lot

4M Easy/Steady at 7am. 3M off road on fields.

NW:4 rabbits, 1 owl, 2 cyclists, 2 runners, 1 Argos Home Delivery Van, 1 Beer Keg,

10/04/2013 at 10:47

Morning all, day off work today, lieu day for weekend stuff, so didn't get out till 8.20am, leisurely stuff.  Last of my VO2max training runs, 8 miles with 3 x 1 mile intervals at about 5km pace.  Felt good and at paces I would not have maintained a few months ago.

NW close up one muntjac deer, didn't seem in the slightest worried about being a few yards from me, will start carryina small camera  when I finish marathon training and not so worried about hitting times and paces. 

12,201 to 12,220 of 16,825 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.