Who else gets up at stupid O clock to run ??

12,381 to 12,400 of 16,221 messages
27/04/2013 at 09:18

I agree swimming is also not my area!

Race report - So it basically couldn't have gone any better, I guess I got lucky really.  I wanted to do sub 4hrs.  The taper the week before felt wrong, I just felt sluggish and tired.  Race day I felt great so the taper obviously worked!  I had one thing in my head: DON'T SET OFF TOO QUICKLY!  So I tried to mainatin a pace of just under 9min/miles.  This worked, I don't know how but I felt strong, my thighs were a little sore (from having done some sprints the Tuesday before) but apart from that I felt good.  I managed to do pretty even splits for 24 miles then for the last two I upped the pace and even managed a sprint finish.  Official time 3:53:58!  Sorry if I sound full of it, I just never believed I could get that time and I still felt like I had some left in the tank.  An amazing day made even more amazing by the crowds and also topped off nicely by Guinness, pizza, kebab and chips I had when I got home

Now I want to try and maintain my fitness and get keep up with the distance.

JF50 - What is it that you do?  Sorry if you have already discussed this earlier in the thread!

Happy Saturday peeps, it's a good one!

27/04/2013 at 10:14

Great run Dobster and sounds like it went spot on with plan.  Adding pace for last two miles sounds as though the training went really well. Congratulations.

I work in professional football so the weekends are mine for a couple of months.

27/04/2013 at 10:31

Good morning all

8 miles inc park run this morning

Nw 1,muntjac deer

Dobster, Well done, fantastic time your training and taper paid off.

Maths ,Good luck for your swim.

27/04/2013 at 11:22

dobster - that is brilliant, well done you are allowed to be 'full of it' because being able to up the pace in the last 2 miles is amazing

27/04/2013 at 20:48

Brilliwee, well done Dobster

27/04/2013 at 21:53

wake up at 6 something every now and then. and though i'm not the best at getting out of bed, it always seems to go easy when it's for some trailrun i'm participating in and during ski-holidays, i get up earlier to do a run before hitting the slopes. sunrise can be amazing in the mountains

28/04/2013 at 09:06

mornng gang

having a rest day. Swim went well yesterday, did it in 2:19, right shoulder started hurting with 15 lengths to go but there was no way I was going to stop, so carried on. The time went much quicker than I thought it would. Feel a bit fatigued and achy all over, so just taking today off all exercise. MIght be a few days before I go back to the pool....

28/04/2013 at 12:10

Morning,

12 miles on the trails today. 5 miles with Jenny and Rusty and then carried on for another 7 miles solo. Excellent DW thanks to Rusty who brought me a dead bird, a dead mouse and a six inch bone, probably from a fox or dear.

Also seen: several other runners with dogs, loads of horse riders taking part in a sponsored 10 mile ride and dozens of DofE hikers.

Well done Maths on your long swim and pushing on when it started to hurt!!

And great time for the Marathon Dobster!

Edited: 28/04/2013 at 12:11
28/04/2013 at 12:17

and here's Rusty

Rusty

28/04/2013 at 15:27

Afternoon all - help, I'm turning into a cyclist! 55 miles this morning, was out on my own so got out very early and cycled part of the sportive route I was going to enter today but it was full. NW lots of horses DW 2 birds, 1 hedgehog. 2 mile run off the back of it to see how I felt, was OK except my right foot was numb with cold which made things a bit uneven. Well done again on the swim MC. mrnn, welcome along, Chris, good video, as long as you don't start putting out all of his DWs. Pondering a swim inspired by MC, and catching up on my training and nutrition diary filling in.

28/04/2013 at 16:51

New to this forum, done 13miles approx today pleased with my time and pace felt I could have given a bit more which was pleasing although got slight lower back pain now

28/04/2013 at 17:51

Hi all

It's been a very long time since I've posted in this thread but I am actually still alive! I was out at 6.30 this morning as I had to do 19 as per my marathon schedule. Managed to get them done in 3.39, although I did have 2 loo stops lasting 13 minutes between the 2 so actual moving time was 3.26. Was very pleased with that as i want to complete my marathon in 5 hours, especially as it will be my first ever one!

28/04/2013 at 19:15

JF50, Valis, maths and Kate - Thanks!

Chris - Awesome video of Rusty!

Mrnnnn - Welcome!

Kate - Great Cycling, am very impressed!

Craig - Welcome!  Haved you suffered from the lower back pain before?

Gary - Sorry to ask, but 13 minutes????

28/04/2013 at 20:26

Dobster, I don't think I want more detail from Gary!

28/04/2013 at 20:36

Dobster:- As you asked, first one was in the bushes, took me ages to find a sutable spot and do the business! Second one was actually in the loos at the local country park, took me ages to get my sweaty kecks (shorts, compression shorts and pants) off before going about my business! then had to take off my wind jacket as I was too hot.

Well you did ask!

Also 19 is the furthest I've ever run!

Edited: 28/04/2013 at 20:38
28/04/2013 at 22:22

Hi, no I've never had any problems with my back before, was playing football Friday night didn't feel any pain at the time hopefully be ok with the heat patches I've got strapped to it

29/04/2013 at 07:17

Morning all - hill reps this morning, how else to start the week. NW 1 cat. Random spot on the bike yesterday was 2 blokes pushing 2 sofas down the road on a little cart, quite odd. Spin and swim tonight, have a good Monday all you old and new SOCers.

29/04/2013 at 09:22

morning all

welcome craig, and welcome back gary

Kate - I started the week by turning the alarm off and resetting it for 6! Oh well! Shoulders feeling better after the swim so will go to the masters session tonight and get back to normal

29/04/2013 at 09:40

just 4 miles this morning.

NW 2 deer, 1 squirrel

PW (poo watch) 1 dogs (not Rusty's!), several rabbit's, 1 bird's (on my car windscreen) and zero human!

29/04/2013 at 11:44

Morning

Had a lie in !

Gary: good to have you back with us.

12,381 to 12,400 of 16,221 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.