Who else gets up at stupid O clock to run ??

12,441 to 12,460 of 16,514 messages
02/05/2013 at 10:08

Morning all and Hi GingerG.  So a couple of weeks of recovery running generally in the evenings I have managed to get my derriere out of the bed this morning for a 8 miler.  What a beautiful morning and looks good or a few days to come.  

Need to have a read back to see what's been on your agendas recently but did notice I am not on the race list, not prolific like some of you though slightly more regular than Haley's comet, think I have got a race booked for October and will be looking at a few summer shorter ones, will update the list soon

02/05/2013 at 10:34

JF, You had two races on the list I edited however both have been and gone. I was clearing off past races rather than editing you out. No offence meant

02/05/2013 at 11:35

valis: I did mate put it on as a joke. At the moment I honestly have no idea of my next race.

Kate: I can't see it being a fell race... Good try though

Edited: 02/05/2013 at 11:35
02/05/2013 at 13:20

Valis no problem, old races and both gone, will add when I get booked up for a few more.

02/05/2013 at 19:40

Out earlier than usual this morning (but not as early as some on here!). Ran past the army huts on Hankley Common and could smell bacon cooking! Rusty was sniffing the air with interest too!

NW Horses and crows.

PW 2 horse's (quite old and dry), 1 dog's (in a plastic bag and hanging from a bush - why do people do that?).

Just off to vote in the Council elections but not sure who to vote for yet. It's solid Conservative around here but might go with the Greens this time.

03/05/2013 at 06:37

Morning you lot from a dreich with smiry rain West of Scotland

NW: 1 owl, 2 llamas, 4 horses,1 cyclist

PW: 1 car

valis; Good win in the end last night for Blues. Great goal again by Luiz

Edited: 03/05/2013 at 06:39
03/05/2013 at 06:53

Morning all - morning birky - nothing for me today as I'm resting before testing day tomorrow, long day on the train oop North instead. Happy Friday.

03/05/2013 at 08:02

morning

beautiful morning here

I too am resting as I have a pretty loaded weekend lined up

Sat: take kids to scout camp, spinning, masters swim then shopping and out for a meal

Sun: Southwell triathlon, out for lunch then chill a bit (or sort out the house) and club swim

Mon: long bike ride and try to drink and eat while moving without falling off! Collect kids from scout camp

03/05/2013 at 08:42

Morning maths and Kate

Kate: Enjoy Testing day tomorrow.

Maths: 'Aw ra best'  (translation = best wishes !) for Sunday.

03/05/2013 at 09:22

Morning all, out for 5.15am into a bright looking morning, after about a mile wished I had taken gloves, bloomin cold on the hands.  5 miles steady down the railway walk.  NW 1 muntjac deer, more rabbits than I can count on all our hands just sitting in a field, I guess eating grass!

Temperature rising through the run, reckon we are in for a good sunny day today.

Swim/bike/run well on Sundat Maths.

What is the test looking at Kate, something specific or general progress?

03/05/2013 at 09:45

Morning all! 

I had every intention of going for a run this morning.... however when my alarm went off at 6am, my bed won the battle   I regretted my decision whilst driving to work as its such a gorgeous morning 

Aah well late night run again for me tonight!

mathschick - sounds like a busy weekend!

Kate - Good luck for your test x

JF50 - rabbits have a habit of doing that! 

Birkmyre - Loving the Llama spotting! tried to persude the OH to get me some but he wasn't impressed  Shocking eh?!

03/05/2013 at 13:49

A'noon

Ginger: The 2 llamas stay at a local city farm about a mile or so away from where we live. Shocking indeed 

Reminds me of the time I was stopped in Glasgow City centre by two charity people, asking if I'd like to sponsor a gorilla ? "No thanks, I've no room for it in my garden." was my straight faced reply.' To be fair they both laughed

03/05/2013 at 14:50

Just done a long run you know the summer is here in Scotland when the snow stops and the rains starts

03/05/2013 at 16:45

Birky - I'd have had that Gorilla, we've got a spare room  and I'd have the best NW score without even leaving the house!

Good to hear Spring's arrived in Scotland.

03/05/2013 at 19:45

Craig: Aye its when the warm rain soaks you and yup summer has arrived

Chris: We had 2 dry days earlier this week. Drought warnings were probably being issued...

04/05/2013 at 07:39

Morning

Sun shining

Off to football and its a lunchtime kick off at we're home. 3rd Division Championship Trophy Presentation today and we have a sell out

04/05/2013 at 08:09

morning all

kids are manic and have been driving me crazy for an hour, but OH is now driving them to camp, phew!

washing machine is not working though, we pulled some paper clips out of the filter and suspect there may be more inside the machine somewhere, damn kids so waiting to call a repair person...hope we can it sorted today as there will be lots of dirty stuff coming back from camp on Monday

04/05/2013 at 10:17

Good morning all

5 miles this morning inc Park run, took it nice and easy with tomorrow in mind.

Birky, Have a  good time today.

Kate, good luck for tomorrow

Psc , gook luck for Monday

04/05/2013 at 11:05

6 miles for me this morning. rained a bit and then cleared up and the sun's trying to come out now. 

NW 1 Heron, 1 squirrel, 1 OR (with dog), several squaddies (cadets) in full camo gear lurking in the bushes.

Kate and Valisa, good luck tomorrow

Maths, hope you get your washing machine sorted.

04/05/2013 at 15:47

Afternoon all - tests done, improving the bike fitness but the running is slipping, getting a bit more muscly as well. JF, it's for a university study assessing Ironman training, so I'm a lab rat. Good luck tomorrow valis and MC, and PSC with whatever you are up to on Monday. After today I have low expectations for my race tomorrow.

12,441 to 12,460 of 16,514 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.