Who else gets up at stupid O clock to run ??

12,461 to 12,480 of 16,504 messages
05/05/2013 at 14:05

Afternoon -

10 hilly x/c miles this morning and feeling weary after yesterday's run and 2 hours on the mountain bike. 

Spending the afternoon chilling in the garden with a very good book..  'City of Bohane'

05/05/2013 at 14:45

afternoon

Kate - hope it went well today

I was up early today for Southwell tri, swim felt sluggish, headwind on the bike then run ok but I took a couple of walk breaks to give my knee a rest. I was surprised to finish in 1:33

05/05/2013 at 19:22

Well done MC, great time. Had a lovely race, but tried a very, very stupid strategy, went out at (18 month old on a flat course) PB pace and completely detonated at mile 18. Had 2 really bad miles then got back on it at mile 20 and finished in 4.06. So, no more carb free, no more wimping out of tempo runs and I may can my end ofJune off roader to find another race to get sub 4 for another test. Please tell me off if I say I'm plodding! Hope it went well for you valis and you weren't sunburnt. Up early for a swim in the Lido tomorrow, not quite ready for the lake yet....

PSC    pirate
06/05/2013 at 06:32

well done Kate.. interesting on the carb free point. There is always SD Mara in June!  If you went Sub4 there I would be seriously impressed!  Ah, swimming.... I remember that. 

Off to do 74 miles on the bike today - San Fairy Ann Cyclosportiff raising a few quid for Kent Air Ambulance (the event, not me)!  It will be my third time there - it's a lovely fun event, so i am going comfy and taking the crosser rather than the roadie or TT frames. 

Well done MC - that is a good time.

06/05/2013 at 07:33

Good morning all

Well done Kate and Maths. Good luck Psc

A lot of spf50 saved my skin yesterday however bad logistical planning meant I walked 8 hard miles before I even got to the start line.   If i hadn't of got to the starting point when I did I was preparing to go straight back home.

Despite the long walk, the sun beating down I finished in 4.29 a new personal worst by one minute or so. I was expecting  to finish around the 4.15 - 4.25 mark so I was quite happy with this considering all things. Despite walk /running parts of the last 5 miles I did manage to  run the killer hill twice (third time round maybe next year) a lot of runner's walked it on the first lap 

Hills are a big week point of mine. Kate I'll remind you about your tempo runs and you and the others can elbow me should I not do one hill session a week. full race report on my blog in a weeks time. 

06/05/2013 at 08:06

Morning valis a good away win yesterday

And lots to catch up on.

Off to a Legends game later v Man Utd

06/05/2013 at 08:14

Indeed. Only saw the last 20 minutes but they seem to have been the most important and controversial.

The big game will be against Martin Kings team on Wednesday.

Have a good time today.

06/05/2013 at 09:02

Well done valis, I do remember that hill. PSC, I will be doing South Downs, but sub 5 not sub 4 pace. Lovely swim in the lido this morning, much slower time than usual but I have a hatful of excuses for that. Off out on the bike now, enjoy the extra 33% of your weekend everyone.

06/05/2013 at 09:15

morning everyone

valis - well done, and extra well done for not getting sun burnt!

I went out on the bike but did less than I had planned. Need to try and sort the house out now before we pick the kids up from scout camp and bring more chaos...

06/05/2013 at 09:43

Mornng Kate and maths

psc: Morning and all the best for the 74 miler.

PSC    pirate
06/05/2013 at 15:53

San Fairy Ann Cyclosportive DONE. PB by half an hour . Legs shredded. Great ride on my cyclocross bike so bike heavier and with road/offroad tyres on, that raised a few eyebrows!

06/05/2013 at 16:32

well done PSC

blimey it is hot out there

06/05/2013 at 17:31

PSC - Well done on the Cyclosportive - must have been tough in the heat and with the choice of tyres!

And well done Valis and Kate on your respective events.

Run this morning and soon heading out on the road bike for an hour or so.

06/05/2013 at 23:13

Fell off my bike before I reached the end of the drive! Felt pretty stupid as the quick release bolt on the rear wheel was undone!

07/05/2013 at 06:19

Morning you lot

A 5M Steady done and a lovely morning for it.

Sun shining, no wind, still, wee bit cold.

NW: 1 owl, 1 fox, lots of bin bags as collection day, 2 llamas, 4 horses.

Back later

07/05/2013 at 06:20

Chris: Oh dear re falling off your bike, hope you're okay !

PSC    pirate
07/05/2013 at 06:33

Ouch.... Are you and the bike ok Chris?

morning peeps.  Feeling oddly ok today, by mid afternoon I will be feeling it. 

Bit grey down here Birky, but bright and dry.

07/05/2013 at 07:29

morning

ouch Chris, hope you and the bike are ok

sunny and hot again today, not the best weather for my classroom which gets stupidly hot. Had a lie-in this morning, felt too tired to get up and run. Hoping to get to the open water swimming venue tonight, depends what time OH gets home from his new job

07/05/2013 at 07:46

Morning all - a 4 mile recovery run pre track tonight NW 2 deer, lovely off road route. Managed 37 miles on the bike yesterday, not as impressive as PSC. Too hot for compression tights so legs not as well recovered as they could be. Glorious weather again today to be stuck in the office. Good NW birky. Are we not getting a YouTube of that ride Chris?

07/05/2013 at 09:07

Morning gang: Still sunny up here. Geordie is lying out the back door sun bathing.

12,461 to 12,480 of 16,504 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.