Who else gets up at stupid O clock to run ??

12,801 to 12,820 of 13,609 messages
28/09/2014 at 12:17

Afternoon all - 10 glorious miles in the sunshine, same format as yesterday, hills and fast bits. Beautiful and autumnal, conkers and leaves everywhere, my ipad did want to change that to cookers which wouldn't have been quite so picturesque. OR 7 NW 4 squirrels, one carrying an enormous conker, (not cooker), loads of dogs including the fluffiness Pekignese (sp) which just looked like a bouncing blob of fluff. Glad you made it to the other side Grendel, and shame on the DNS MC, hopefully it will help you get to the marathon start line in a couple of weeks. Birky, hopefully you've got the same weather as us, lovely for dog walking. Right, the outside world beckons again.

28/09/2014 at 18:19

Evening all. NOC cycle to Petworth Park today. NW dozens of deer and hundreds of dogs - mainly of the Springer Spaniel type!! 

29/09/2014 at 07:43

Morning all - just a bit of core and foam rolling for me, spin and either a run or swim later. Have a good week folks.

29/09/2014 at 08:17

Morning
Foggy and damp out but seems to be clearing. Nice little run through the wood and a few decent hills thrown in. NW 6 cows, 4 dogs 1 OR.

29/09/2014 at 08:47

Morning all,

Another SOC for me so few other animals but did manage to cross paths with lots of bunnies and a heron. Very mild out there as well.

Maths - how are you feeling this morning?

We have a guest for the week in the form of bf parents dog. This little bas*ard was howling and crying all night so took the initiative to get out of bed early and run with boyska. Is it bad that i want to prod him awake as he's now fast asleep by my feet?

29/09/2014 at 09:06

Birky - to be honest; i'm happy to let him howl all night as it's purely for attention but the neighbours might not appreciate that. He's used to be allowed in the bedroom and has rule of the roost at his home. Here - he's got order, structure and is low on the pack order. He's not too happy with this change

Edited: 29/09/2014 at 09:07
29/09/2014 at 09:49

Morning all, 

Yep singing, even round my way, was different!!!

Having spent all day on my feet Saturday, and a 10 yesterday, decided to take today as a rest day rather than Friday. Normal service will be resumed tomorrow as I will have to be up and out before 5 tomorrow to collect OH's bike from work as I am pretty sure she will be getting a lift home tonight.

birky, not just your dog, I have a wife like that. As soon as I sit down she decides she needs something. 

29/09/2014 at 13:36

Spot on Birky!

30/09/2014 at 07:43

Morning all - Fitness blender and a swim this morning, feeling a bit grotty with sore throat etc so hopefully have scared it away. Track tonight. Women are strategic birky, we'd never ask you to do something knowing you were busy already or we'd never get it done.

30/09/2014 at 08:03

Morning all

A lovely morning today. A little murky though. 99% humidity this morning :/

Kate - I think that women just have their ways

30/09/2014 at 08:57

BBBBAAASSSSIIIILLLLL! BASIL! I love Fawlty towers!

I forgot my NW:

1 heron, 3 dogs, thousand rabbits. Very sparce this morning!

30/09/2014 at 09:14

Morning all,  We do it because we love them!

A nice early start, managed to get out before the street lights came back on, so with plenty of cloud cover dark, I didn't even turn on my head torch - just me and the dark.  

6.79 miles run, which included a fast(ish) 5 miles and riding my wife's bike home from her work - (this time with head torch) and do you know what, no wildlife no dogs, no drunks and certainly no heavenly choir serenading me as I thundered past (artistic licence there - as plodded was probably close to the truth) 

Happy Tuesday all.

Morning all,  We do it because we love them!

A nice early start, managed to get out before the street lights came back on, so with plenty of cloud cover dark, I didn't even turn on my head torch - just me and the dark.  

6.79 miles run, which included a fast(ish) 5 miles and riding my wife's bike home from her work - (this time with head torch) and do you know what, no wildlife no dogs, no drunks and certainly no heavenly choir serenading me as I thundered past (artistic licence there - as plodded was probably close to the truth) 

Happy Tuesday all.

This isn't really an edit but I somehow managed to post it twice.

BUT I did see a dog!

Edited: 30/09/2014 at 09:16
30/09/2014 at 10:25

Morning

Slept in a bit this morning but still managed to get out for a short-ish dash through the woods. Remnants of overnight mist hanging around but starting to clear as I returned home. Quite warm still but apparently it's going to cool off at the weekend so making the most of the shorts and t-shirt weather. 

01/10/2014 at 07:01

Morning all - 4 miles and a garage bounce NW 2 deer right outside my front door, lovely. Boiling out there, t-shirt was too hot, but looking a bit grey now. Lurgy still hanging on, Miss F now struck down too, Bournemouth marathon on Sunday has all the signs of being a plod at this rate. Happy hump day.

01/10/2014 at 10:25

Chucking it down when we went out this morning.

01/10/2014 at 16:21

Afternoon all,   no running this morning as it is club night. Will be an interesting one, Up until now it has been a structured session, but to dark officially since last week so just a run round country lanes in the dark

Early one tomorrow though.

02/10/2014 at 09:07

Morning all,

Did a lot of sprint drills and 400 metre reps at club last night so I always knew that the legs might not want to go out this morning, sure enough made a lot of excuses when the alarm went off. 

Very dark, no street lights and only the security lights on the sea wall and the lights from the ride on lawn mower being used at that ungodly hour on the Clacton Golf Course for company. There may have been swans on the lake, there may even have been dragons, but the only actual person I saw was down by Clacton Pier, there was a man with head torch and a metal detector on the beach. 

5 .06 miles done Happy Thursday

Back on to edit it to wish Birky Junior a happy birthday

Edited: 02/10/2014 at 09:07
02/10/2014 at 09:26

Morning all - 4 miles in the darkness, 1 OR, 1 cat, no dragons. Spin afterwards, body protesting after an hour of technique swimming last night, mainly poor technique. Happy birthday Master B.

12,801 to 12,820 of 13,609 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.