Who else gets up at stupid O clock to run ??

12,921 to 12,940 of 13,605 messages
14/10/2014 at 21:32

Happy anniversary birky and Mrs B, enjoy the Lakes.

15/10/2014 at 07:19

Morning all,

Birky - Happy Anniversary!

I went out with the headtorch this morning. Had a good run but surprised to see a woman walking her dog in the pitch black woods without a torch or anything else. Coming across this pair of eyes was a little unnerving but luckily boyska cant see too much in the dark and relies on his smell so he was pulling me along quite nicely!

15/10/2014 at 07:39
Wow Birky you get less of a sentence for murder : ?? )

ran about 11 this morning, quite nice out. Surprised by how few people I saw and then reaslised that in the normal world it is not marathon season so why would you run 11 miles at 5am !!!

Off to pick up prizes later
15/10/2014 at 08:34

Gobi - a question for you and other SOC's. A colleague of mine cycles 30km to the office every day and is looking for some good lights that are a reasonable price. He's found some 1400 lumens for 190€ but I didnt know if you guys could of anything under 100 GBP

15/10/2014 at 08:51

Morning folks. Out at around 4.20am for a quick two and a half mile run. Encountered three foxes and one bloke on a scooter (the kind school kids ride, not a the motorised kind). A bit random.

Just a short run today as I ran yesterday and pushed quite hard and I was feeling it a bit. I don't normally run on consecutive days as I am 47 with a history of injuries, but as I woke up early I thought I might as well.

15/10/2014 at 09:24

Morning all

4:20 an very early start Cal!

Can't help E mmy, my wife's bike doesn't have lights, so when I ride it back from work for her I have a headtorch!!!

Another easy one today, just a couple of miles done, in case I decide not to go to the club tonight due to race Sunday.

So Foggy, and warm, 30 minutes done. 

NW:  A large black dog that came flying out of the gloom, luckily still attached to his owner who managed to get him under some sort of control. No exlax for me today!

Oh yes also our cat - I did his flea treatment - now that is wildlife!! He is not talking to me!

15/10/2014 at 14:42
E mmy - all my lights cost more than 100 quid :??0 so I am useless
15/10/2014 at 20:17

a short run in the rain this evening, lovely but I felt far too warm even though it was raining

birky - happy anniversary, hope you have a good break

15/10/2014 at 22:40

Happy Anniversary birky

NOC runs for the last couple of days. 5.1 miles and 5.5 miles - muddy, hilly, and wet.

Kate - how did it go at the hospital on Monday? What news on your achilles problem?

MC - well done on your marathon!

16/10/2014 at 07:37

Morning all - only time for some core work as early start to the office. Had to cancel my appointment Chris, Pru Health are doing all they can to make sure I don't claim by sending me a massive form for my GP to fill in, so have to get that done before they approve treatment.

16/10/2014 at 09:23

Morning all 

Sorry Birky, just picked up on that - Happy Anniversary - 25 years eh?  Ran my Marathon PB that year -blimey - my performances started to decline after that!!

A good club session last night - longer reps and no sprint drills,  felt good for Sunday.

A nice easy 2 miles this morning - call it a recovery run rather than very slow! 

NW: Nothing to report unless you count our cat _ BUT it was good to see that the bloke on the motorbike who cut up through a no entry sign into a one way street as a short cut, totally missed that there was a police car there!!! 

Not recommending Pru Health then Kate.

Happy Thursday.

16/10/2014 at 12:24

Hi all,

Kate - that sounds awful I hope that the GP can fill it in quick

10k this morning in the dark and rain. I was soaked through but Boyska enjoyed it.

NW: 2 dogs, 1 ninja cyclist. I heard some ducks if that counts?

Grendel - how are you feeling for sunday?

Edited: 16/10/2014 at 12:25
16/10/2014 at 12:58

anything you hear counts in my little world E mmy (not sure about the rules on here though!)

Was feeling OK about Sunday thanks, that is until this morning when Junior Grendel announced he needed tissues as he has a cold - queue vitamin c (is that the correct spelling of queue?)

16/10/2014 at 13:02

I think it's a cue.

16/10/2014 at 13:30

So do I now Kate having seen you right that down!

16/10/2014 at 14:06
Grendel3 wrote (see)

anything you hear counts in my little world E mmy (not sure about the rules on here though!)

Was feeling OK about Sunday thanks, that is until this morning when Junior Grendel announced he needed tissues as he has a cold - queue vitamin c (is that the correct spelling of queue?)

I find washing hands religiously also helps. I think ít's cue too...

16/10/2014 at 14:13
An 11 year old religiously washing his hands, yeah. This is someone who is at, or near to the top of his class in most subjects but has trouble with the workings of a toilet seat!!!!!;
16/10/2014 at 14:22

Haha!! That sounds like my nephew. I told him that i'd pay him 20p every time he washed his hands. He spent every 10 minutes going to the toilet washing his hands and putting a x on his chart

16/10/2014 at 16:27

I'm up at 5,and and out of the house by 5.30.a great way to start the day in the summer but a real adventure in the darker months.One problem is you have to watch your footing on unlit roads/parths, on my last run I almost fell victim to a pile of horse muck,not good! All you night runner should checkout LED armbands at ALDI,their A1.

16/10/2014 at 17:51

just a swim for me

yes, it is cue, and you saw Kate write it down

I'll stop being a teacher now....

12,921 to 12,940 of 13,605 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.