Who else gets up at stupid O clock to run ??

201 to 220 of 13,608 messages
20/08/2010 at 09:29
Slept right through the alarm this morning so no run!! Probably missed all sorts of interesting wildlife out on the common.

Planning a long swim later today - maybe a mile and a half or two miles.
20/08/2010 at 11:29

Blimey Chris, the amount of training you're doing is impressive!

Nowt to report in terms of critter spotting, other than moggies or dog walkers.  Spotted a fox in our garden tho' & a squirrel is on a 1 Critter mission to strip the bird feeder/apple tree bare.

Had a good week - 6 mile bike ride on Monday evening, 4.5 mile hilly run on Tuesday morning, cycle commute on Wednesday & been out for 7 miler this morning.  Had to scale back to 2 rather than 3 runs, as got a 30th birthday party tonight & Hen Do tomorrow. 

I'm not giving myself a hard time about having to amend my schedule, I'm really enjoying running & cycling & feel my priority is to build a good fitness base/increase my LSR.  Sometimes, it's better to be realistic & flexible rather than get disheartened.

Have good weekend, everyone 

20/08/2010 at 19:14

i think i had the worst nature watch today....

a worm........one small wriggly worm!!!...... that was it...i was actively looking for animals after 30 mins! oh well. i have my long run tomorrow 12.5miles, be it slightly later than crack of dawn, maybe we'll spot something to write about!

Birkmyre sounds like a wet one then! i always find when it rains i naturally run faster, or maybe it just feels that way..??? the only problem is an electrical devices (ie phone have to be tucked up somewhere dry!)

Chris- sorry you slept through the alarm, hate it when that happens!

ickle legs- yeah its annoying when theres so much going on in week that prevents normal running schedule but your right, dont stress better not to try do all at once! sounds like you had a good hil run though- dont have many hills round here!

right have a good weekend everyone, hopefully you all get a lie in at the weekend!

xxx

20/08/2010 at 20:53
Ickle legs - hope you enjoyed your partying!!

Birkmyre - sounds like you had a lucky escape from those horses. I've heard (herd) of cows trampling people but not horses. If you're like me and listen to music on the run you probably wouldn't have heard them coming!!

Gemma - well done on the worm spotting!!

Have a fun weekend...
21/08/2010 at 10:20

Hi Everyone,  Thanks for the reassurance regarding hectic schedules/partying/training plans.

Managed to combine partying & running last night - kind of.  Found out a mate of mine has recently started running again & has also entered the Liverpool Half Marathon.  Been thinking it'd be nice to have occasional company, particularly for LSR - looks like I may have found myself a running buddy. 

Don't fancy my chances including running in the topics of conversation during tonight's Hen Do tho'.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend

21/08/2010 at 13:57

congrats on the running buddy ickle!!!

yeah i dont think hen do's are the place to discuss running times/ schedules!!

no early today being weekend but went out the running club for good long run, did anyone find it surprisingly muggy today? really stuffy!

anyway as no wildlife today being later i bring you THIS:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8xJtH6UcQY

HOPE YOU ENJOY!!

XX

21/08/2010 at 19:15
Ha ha - nice to see those crazy foxes having such fun!!!

was very muggy this morning...I tend to sweat a lot anyway when I'm running and I was completely drenched when I got back today....

more of the same mugginess in store tomorrow apparently!!

Had a good swim this afternoon which was refreshing - got my mile time down to just over 31' which is good for me!!

long run tomorrow...
21/08/2010 at 19:40

i know .. a friend told me about the you tube vid, theres a few like it which are cracking!

hope this weather gets fresher! long run for me tomorrow too, building the long runs up to hopefully marathon worthy training in few months, slow but surely... very impressed with the swimming though! im not much of a water animal much prefer land!

enjoy the drenching tomorrow, bet you cant wait for the earlier mornings come the week then!

x

21/08/2010 at 21:48

another crazy canine.... my running mate Jackson getting down to some seious digging!!  Jackson

I worked it out the other day that we've run over 5000 miles together!!!

22/08/2010 at 11:32

Chris!

your dog is crazy!!!! but absolutely gorgeous... i love it, he really is going for it isnt he? i used to have a black lab and he was a bit of a nutter too. with 5000 miles under his belt i think he should try some marathons himself!

wet morning sunday, anyone else get soaked? but rather nice to be honest

if i find any other you tube greats i'll post them up for a few chuckles....x

22/08/2010 at 12:16
excellent run this morning...felt really good despite it being another sticky, humid day. even managed a hill sprint session at the end of the 11.5 mile course. the cross training seems to be paying dividends and I'm noticing an overall improvement in my fitness.

not much in the way of wildlife - the usual rabbits and squirrels plus a few horses, cows, and chickens plus a squad of soldiers in camouflage hiding in the heather!
22/08/2010 at 14:57

"Stupid O Clock " travels well - I have just returned from 2 weeks in Turkey where I ran every morning at app 6am - although temp was already 28 degrees it was absolutely beautiful running along a path parallel with  the beach & seeing the sun rise. I took my running gear "just in case" & was so glad I did I would have been gutted if I had missed that opportunity to be out at that time of day it was wonderful & a part of the holiday I will never forget.

I must try & hold that feeling when I go back to my stupid o clock runs here - not the same when you are off to work after your run instead of relaxing by the pool !!

22/08/2010 at 16:28

gosh Chris, i hope you keep your witts about you with those soldiers hiding in the heather!!

sounds like your fitness is excellent at the moment! 11.5 miles and then hills! i find 12 miles is a good run for me but never feel like hills at the end of it! ( maybe if i was chased by soldiers?)

hey Christie! well done for running on hols, im off for a very brief trip soon and have already planned my new exciting away from home routes- the only worry i have is i might get completely lost!!

yup back to normal for me tomorrow too, hoping to increase the milage up soon after this quite week, think the lateral left knee / calf injury is ok now....touch wood.

23/08/2010 at 06:47
i think my session  this morning nearly became a swim!!! yikes rain!!
23/08/2010 at 08:27

I'm still a relative newbie to all this running but I've been out a few times early for a jog/run, although it's normally after work when I go.

The first time I attempted it was when I started Couch to 5K a few months ago.  I'd quit the gym and wanted to jog outside so I decided to go out on the first run nice and early on a Saturday morning.  I was a bit nervous about it to be honest and didn't sleep well so at about 6.15am on a Saturday morning I got up, got changed and went out.  It was lovely and quiet and only a couple of people around (walking their dogs), it was great.

Then one other time a few weeks ago I'd been stressing about something and only managed a few hours sleep that night.  I got up and went out for a jog at 6.30am and it was fantastic, there was no-one around.  It was cool, quiet and really enjoyable.

I've since tried to get up early and go for a jog but I find it so hard to get out of bed at times.  It's probably not helping that these days I've a lot more energy and feel better so I'm not that tired come 11pm so it makes getting to sleep difficult.  As a result it can be after midnight before I nod off, or later, and then I can't get out of bed at 6am.

It is lovely going out early though, especially during the summer as the temperature is much cooler.

23/08/2010 at 08:34
nice wet muddy run this morning - no wildlife to be seen though.....

good idea, Gemma - combining running and swimming in one session would save time and money!!

birkmyre - it's not their lack of camouflage that gives them away, it's usually the smell of their fag smoke!!
23/08/2010 at 08:53
I want to know how you manage Hill sprint Chris, i just concentrate on getting up them
23/08/2010 at 10:06
Steve, i don't usually tag hill sprints onto the end of a long run but felt unusually energetic yesterday!! must be the beetroot juice!
23/08/2010 at 15:06

taken a few weeks ago on a stupid o'clock run....

http://s3.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/27936/gallery/white_bum_0.jpg?width=350&height=305&mode=max

24/08/2010 at 06:39

Wow Chris, now thats what i call proper wildlife!

this morning nice tempo session. not much wildlife other than black cat with white paws, few squirrels, a very early dog walker, cabbies and few late nighters still in suits from night before.

amazing full moon though! shame its suddenly so dark again..

201 to 220 of 13,608 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.