Who else gets up at stupid O clock to run ??

6,681 to 6,700 of 16,221 messages
22/12/2011 at 09:40

katie - have a great Christmas - love the armwarmers!

birky - hope son has a good time at bagpack, my kids do one every year with scouts, I do worry about the poor old ladies getting their tomatoes squashed by heavy things packed on top of them, but they always get a lot of support locally and raise a lot so obvioulsy no-one minds too much!

22/12/2011 at 11:25
Morning

No SOC as I played Roller Hockey last night getting home late and have woken with a cough. Will rest all day and coach this evening where I will do a few miles.

Ho ho ho
PSC    pirate
23/12/2011 at 07:40

in and breakfasted after a glorious, if a little windy, 2 hour easy run.  Tried out the shorts today - just about worked, but it's another wierdly mild morning.  Dark too - no moon!

Morning all...

+1 on the armwarmers - they could catch on

Shame Mo didn't win last night, but Cav is a worthy winner. 

23/12/2011 at 07:46

morning all

my sore throat is turning into a full cold so may skip the gym later! I am sure this happens to me every Christmas....Even when I was a kid I was always ill at Christmas. Maybe subconsciously I am trying to avoid the big day!

Really warm here, really wish I could go for a run, but don't want to damage the ankle further. My birthday ankle support arrived yesterday! As soon as my cold has gone I am going for a run.

Have a great day everyone - must be the last day at work for those that haven't finished yet.

23/12/2011 at 08:07
MC - my sore throat is still just that I think. Ran 10.4 slow miles at SOC this morning and the discussion moved to next week. Looks like for a week we may go out at 0615 :¬0

Off to work for my last day until January which is strange as I have always been in Operations so have worked Christmas and New Year periods for as long as I can remember.

Have a nice day I'm off for a Crunchie
23/12/2011 at 08:10

Morning all - SOC yesterday and a spin but hip is knackered and cold is now on my chest so nothing today. As running has been so rubbish this week when it was supposed to be high mileage the running kit is coming skiing with me.

Probably the last from me until after holidays so have a brilliant Christmas break everyone, hope you all find woolly armwarmers under the tree, and look forward to catching up with you all in a few days.

23/12/2011 at 08:39

Morning

My my we are busy on here today

No run yet had  alie in till 8am then walked Geordie. (He'd a lie in too)

23/12/2011 at 08:41

Katie: Nice pic.

It was his pipe band. He's got another one today thats more locally, for his football team.

23/12/2011 at 13:17
A busy week at work having to make 2 programs in advance so that we can have time off over the holidays. All done now and off until Jan 3rd (apart from a few hours next Wednesday).
Out for a drizzly 10k with Jackson this morning and the wet theme continued when I returned home and attempted to plumb in a radiator which is now leaking so awaiting the plumber's arrival!
Kate and Katie - jetting off overseas...hope you have fun in Germany and the Alps. MC hope the cold doesn't hang around too long....and sounds like you're early 20's were similar to mine although I somehow managed to run some pretty high mileage despite the unhealthy lifestyle!!
Don't think those wooly arm warmers would suit me so hopefully won't find any under the tree!
23/12/2011 at 13:51
Chris - I think when you are young your body can put up with a lot! I used to swim loads and bike loads in those days. Didn't start running until my thirties - I put on a lot of weight with my first child and started going to a gym - running was the best thing to help shift the weight, and as the weight came off the running got easier. The last few years have only been half hearted really, two kids plus a heavy workload. However, since I started getting up early I really feel like I am getting somewhere!

Well, have a great Christmas everyone. The family might get a bit fed up if I spend loads of time on the internet! (although I will probably end up with more time than I think!)
23/12/2011 at 15:34

MC - yes, my body had to put up with a lot! Here I am in 1982 after too many beers and too little sleep and a 3hr 50 London Marathon!!

http://s4.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/27936/gallery/marathon.jpg?width=350&height=248&mode=max

23/12/2011 at 15:39
nice pic Chris - are you the one on the left?
23/12/2011 at 15:56
yes - that's me (or was me!!)
23/12/2011 at 19:23
Oh Chris, what a photo!
23/12/2011 at 20:43

Chris - love that photo, your hair was briliant!  Nightmare about the radiator - im guessing the polumber is charging you some laughable rates?

Back in Ireland now, We live in the middle of the country and the cars are being shared between too many of us so I had to run to my dental appointment this morning.  Was lovely 13 miles to the centre of Belfast along the towpath.  Its so odd to be greeted when im running - really made me smile!

Kate - I made the stollen!!  I used your recipe - photo is on facebook (i tagged you!), definately good result.  Plus my little 3 year old niece helped me to make it which made it such a lovely thing to do.

Kate - when are you off to the alps?  are you off to France?

Gobi - is that a lie in for you?  Why the change?

PSC - definately warm here too, even in the north - noticeably much darker here.  Not shorts weather though.

Right, off to pick up the turkey now!

23/12/2011 at 21:02
Katie - just seen the stollen on fb. Looks very tasty! Plumber charged 100 quid to sort out the radiators. Oh well!
24/12/2011 at 07:50

Morning

Chris: A very retro Photo

Helped younger son at his footie teams bagpacking yesterday a'noon. They did well and  raised over £700 The shop was very very busy as you'd expect.

NW: 1 owl, 1 empty bottle of budwiser on side of road , 1 squirrel, 6 horses, 1 Tesco Home Delivery Van.

Roads were much busier than a normal Saturday...

24/12/2011 at 12:50

Morning all,

Great morning for a run here, 15 very hilly miles, not many out on the country roads - 2 cyclists and 1 other runner when i passed through a town.

I went to Sainsburys last nigh Birky - definately wouldve been good for bagpackers.

Happy Christmas Eve everyone!

24/12/2011 at 12:58
Katie: The younger team made £900 for doing 9am -1pm yesterday in the same store.
24/12/2011 at 14:33

birky - the football team picked a really good day for a bagpack - what brilliant fundraising! Bet the shoppers were glad of the help too

kids off at the panto with my mum so a couple of hours of relaxing coming up. We wrapped all the presents last night so don't have that hanging over me. Still got the cake to ice though - I've left it to the last minute!

have a great Christmas everyone

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.