Who else gets up at stupid O clock to run ??

6,861 to 6,880 of 17,036 messages
07/01/2012 at 11:29

morning everyone!

birky - I would call that a lie in! I was up before dawn, but no running for me today - did spinning and gym. I think I might be getting the hang of spinning now!

Foot feeling better by the day, so planning a run for tomorrow, amybe 5 or 6 miles, I'll see how it goes. Think I will stay off road and flat...

have a lovely weekend everyone

07/01/2012 at 13:16

Good afternoon everyone

18 miles this morning  inc park run 8 miles before 7 after.

First a very belated Happy birthday to Gemma.

Birky, both our teams seem to have wavered since I was last on, Mine more so. At work this week we had a new lad start on hearing his accent I did not wait to find out where abouts he was from I just asked Rangers or Celtic. Thankfully he laughed and said he was a former gers season ticket holder. 

Katie , Yes until the next time of too much to do and not enough time to do it. or just my inability to concentrate on more than a couple of things at a time.

Kate. Training going quite well ,though i have not reached as many weekly miles as hoped for  back to backs are going well .Despite a couple of niggles I feel like I can do a100 in the 30 hours limit just have to wait and see if i really can.

Thanks to everyone on the welcome backs  though I did not stop running s.o.c just didn't have the time to post.

Belated congratulations Chris on your nutcracker and Gobi on a park run hattrick + good times.

Mathschick hope your foot is fully better soon and your run goes ok tomorrow.

Hi to everyone not mentioned above

07/01/2012 at 13:58

Hi all,

11 miles x-country in sunny, spring-like weather this morning. Lots of activity out and about with horse riders, serious looking walkers with poles and maps (some with red socks!), a couple of mountain bikers, other runners, dog walkers and a postman!!

NW 1 deer chased by Jackson (got away) 1 Rabbit chased by Jackson (not so lucky- caught and partially eaten!!), 5 or 6 wild ponies grazing in the Bourne Woods (see photo Ponies )

Might try to get out on the mountain bike later.

07/01/2012 at 20:12
valis: Good glad to hear of your work colleague having a decent choice of team Hopefully both through tomorrow with no upsets !
07/01/2012 at 20:15
Hello from my top secret location in Denmark not far from Kalundborg.

Did my 3rd different Danish parkrun today, tough course where I was denied the win by some young chappie who decided to run faster than I was prepared to before my marathon tomorrow.

Best wishes all
07/01/2012 at 20:26
Forgot Cross Country was on today in Edinburgh, thought it was next Saturday !
07/01/2012 at 21:24
www.gobi70.wordpress.com so far from Denmark and a little comedy I think

Oh dear birkmyre, we followed it from here thanks to twitter
07/01/2012 at 21:48
gobi - have fun tomorrow, I enjoyed your blog!
08/01/2012 at 00:11

Evening all,

Just a wee 7 miler today, including my first ever parkrun!  Thanks to you guys for inspiring me to go for it - it was really nice, very relaxed and a pancake flat course - the out and back allowed me to pace myself well too.  It was my first ever 5km too so nice to be guaranteed a PB!  I think it will be good to have a focused speed work session once a fortnight, or once a week.

Still awaiting final results.  Ran to the pool afterwards, i definately found it quite difficult to run -  guess my legs really havent had to work so fast in a while!

The German and I decided we'd had enough of poor nights sleep so we went to the Dreams sale and bought the most expensive mattress - despite us going in there with a tiny budget.  They have amazing sales people.  We both walked out and said "what just happened?!!"  anyway, i guess its an investment - maybe it will mean my SOCs are more productive?  Or maybe it will just mean its harder to get out of bed...

Valis - good to have you back and good to hear things are on course for the towpath.

Gobi - very jealous of your danish jaunts, very keen to get to skandanavia this year for a marathon...

MC - enjoy your run tomorrow!  I bet you cant wait!

Chris - a bit sad for the bunny, but still am pleased all of Jackson's running with you is paying off - he's clearly improved his sprints!

Hello to everyone else!

PSC    pirate
08/01/2012 at 06:52

morning peeps... will be heading out once it's light for 8 or 9 miles.

Gobi - say hello to Snappy from us (assuming he is with you in your TS location).

Been a bit tied up of late with parents and in laws' birthdays.  My Mum's yesterday and FIL today.  Back to normal next week.

Well done on your PB Katie   

Take care of any niggles (for those with them), and have a great day to all...

08/01/2012 at 09:20
Morning folks, no SOC for me today, Sunday is my official rest day, but I did get out for eight miles yesterday morning, complete with flashing red light attached to my bum (I had to run a long a bit of road with no path and it wasn't quite light so I thought better to be safe than vain). It was a proper long slow run, I did the same route as the week before, but much slower and surprisingly enough I didn't feel like I was dying at the end of it, in fact I felt I still had a couple of miles left in my legs, so I''m feeling hopeful that the half-marathon is not out of my reach

Katie, did you go for a memory foam mattress? Ours is due for replacement in the next year or so and I'm quite tempted to go down that route. I look forward to hearing sleep reports from you once the new mattress arrives! Well done on your PB too!

Good miles there Valis, glad to hear you are still churnng them out

Off to read your blog now Gobi
08/01/2012 at 10:23

morning all

well did  six miles, but did have a bit of a pain in my arch for a while. ankle seemed fine though. I am thinking of trying to make an appointment with a podiatrist in Nottingham that does biomechanical assessments and on the webiste says he has an interest in running and running injuries. My physio doesn't run, and although he is ok, doesn't seem to be getting to the root of the problem, I am wondering whether my shoes are partly to blame - I did get new ones lately although they are the same as the ones I had been wearing before (asics gel kayano 17s).

the six miles felt hard as well even though they were slow . May try wearing my old shoes for the rest of the week and see if that helps!

CB- mileage building up nicely, you'll be fine for you half. Much better to wear a flashing light on your bum than get knocked over!

Katie - nothing better than a good matress - it will be worth the money you spent on it! Well done on your pb.

PSC    pirate
08/01/2012 at 11:08
oops - went a bit further than I was scheduled to. 
08/01/2012 at 13:40

Morning all - really tough 20 miler this morning, with an excellent NW - 5 squirrels, 4 llamas, 60+ horses, various sheep, dogs, cows and 10 x OR. Two amusing sights, a border terrier with a plastic head cone running wildly through the woods, and a man on a road racing bike going down a very steep sandy hill (St Marthas) perfectly easily and overtaking the mountain bikers.

Chris, did you get the mountain bike out? Gobi, too late but good luck. Katie, congrats on the PB, sounds like parkrun might be just what you need for your speedwork. Valis, glad you're still with us and clocking the miles.

Sounds like everyone got a decent airing out there today, so hello to all SOCers and enjoy the rest of the weekend.

08/01/2012 at 13:47
Kate - surely you don't mean the REALLY steep hill on the south side of St Martha's!! I've cycled down (very carefully) and run up it (very slowly) but can't imagine going down on a racing bike!! Didn't have time for mountain biking yesterday but off out for a ride this afternoon.

By the way - the rabbit that Jackson caught the other day was either v.old or suffering from mixi. The fit and healthy ones can usually out run him!
08/01/2012 at 13:57
Yep, the mental hill, but I was also wondering where he went from there, no easy way back to the road.
08/01/2012 at 18:22
Good ride out on the mountain bike but should have taken better lights!
08/01/2012 at 22:01
Hello everyone I plan on going out for my first morning run tomorrow at 06:00 together with my new head torch am nervous about how I will be so early in the morning I really am not a morning person but let's see how it goes
Tommygun2    pirate
08/01/2012 at 22:06

Good luck getting up tomorrow Amanda, best thing to do is to get all your kit ready tonight.

Its does take afew weeks of effort to get used to getting up for SOC runs, but once your body gets used to it its not too bad. The Spring and Summer are just fantastic for early moring runs

08/01/2012 at 22:15
Mr Silky checking in - 3.01.55 with a 63 second neg split. No reading back yet so apolgies.

We are now in a new top secret location - Bremen :¬)
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.