Who else gets up at stupid O clock to run ??

6,861 to 6,880 of 13,605 messages
10/07/2012 at 05:14

Good morning all

1 and half miles this morning cloudy morning but dry morning.

Maths/Sherlock /chick  the famous case of the B has been solved.I might need you to solve the case of the missing ice pack sleeve's  which was driving me made last night.

Kate no Insanity work out due to ongoing calf problem did manage a couple before it went and it is very tough on knees, thighs, calves, ankles ,hamstrings ,well everything .

Birky, sad new and such a  pointless act to lose a life to.

Pink,14 screaming kids you deserve a medal ,As kids when we had parties the adults would make us play sleeping lions, Which I believe was their way so getting 5 minutes peace and quite.

Tommygun2    pirate
10/07/2012 at 06:19

Morning

5.65 miles slowly plodded this morning

NW 1 fox some ducks and some rabits.

Bit of an obsticle course this morning, a big tree had fallen down right across the path so I had to climb through and over the branches.

KateF you still comming to the Pirate Social on Friday, should be good fun

10/07/2012 at 08:00

morning

no run for me as I just couldn't sleep last night and had a very uncomfortable tummy - not sure why, but thought I would stay in bed to get the rest instead

hopefully go to OW swimming tonight so long as the rubbish weather doesn't affect it

really foggy here

10/07/2012 at 08:07

birky - that's sad about the guys that were killed, hope your sons are coping with the news

valis - not sure I can help with the missing ice pack sleeves. If it was my house I would say to look in one of the kid's bedrooms as they seem to take all kinds of stuff up there!

10/07/2012 at 08:39

morning - no run today as we're flying to cork again! will try to get a few runs by the sea while we're away. and some swimming.

birky - what a waste of life, it's happening too often these days.

10/07/2012 at 10:13

out of interest, has anyone on here tried this stuff?

http://www.marcusrohrerspirulina.com/benefits/sports-2/

I've just read a book by endurance ultra runner and triathlete Rich Roll and he swears by the stuff,. Good book by the way.. http://www.amazon.co.uk/Finding-Ultra-Rejecting-Becoming-Discovering/dp/0307952193/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1341911577&sr=8-1

10/07/2012 at 20:01

I'm guessing my idea of struggling to wake up for Park Runs on a Saturday doesn't fall in with the majority of people in this thread idea of 'stupid o clock'?

11/07/2012 at 07:56

morning all

went open water swimming for the first time last night - really enjoyed it despite all the weeds wrapping themselves round my legs!

6.2 miles this morning

NW - 1 hedgehog, rabbits

DW - headless pidgeon

alex - no, don't think any of us would struggle to be up in time for parkrun!

11/07/2012 at 08:11

Morning all - up even earlier than usual to squeeze in 4.7 miles, a killer after 10 miles last night, 5 at track, quiz night at work tonight so no time for an NOC. NW my first fox in a while. MC, can you also see if you can solve the mystery of my Adidas zip up top, usually wear it to and from races, nowhere to be found, last photographed in Florence. Chris, enjoy Cork. Birky, have you been watching the Olympics programmes, I'm building up a bit of a backlog at the moment. Valis, if you add one mile a day every other day you'll be fine for the TP100. Tommy, yes, still planning on a few drinks on Friday. Alex, if your parkrun has a 6am start then you're in the club. Happy hump day all, I hope birky's trivia helps me out tonight!

11/07/2012 at 08:18

Morning all, out at 5.30am for a 5.3miler.  Bright and sunny when I was running, dark and cloudy now.  Not seen so much laying water on this trail ever. NW two muntjac deer, the first one I saw just stared at me as I approached him on the path and I got to within 3 or 4 yards before he slid off into bushes.  Fox, first I have seen in the morning for some time and I am guessing at 100+ rabbits, they were everywhere this morning, few squirrels.

11/07/2012 at 08:31

It's clearly a foxy day JF.

11/07/2012 at 13:30
KateF wrote (see)

It's clearly a foxy day JF.

They probably couldn't believe the sunshine this morning either!

11/07/2012 at 15:56

afternoon all,

I'm lurking a bit, having a rough time at the moment (those on FB will know a bit more) but the german and i are no more (his idea).  I escaped to Donegal (north west Ireland) for a week with my parents, had some amazing mountain runs at dawn which helped ease the pain - however then gastroentiritis appeared out of nowhere again and so i havent run since Saturday now.

Back in london now and have been off work, today i got signed off for a further 2 weeks with depression.  I'm sure that running will help to sort my head out a bit, but i cant do anything until my gut sorts itself out. 

The German has also told me to move out asap, so i am trying to find a place to live, which i cant afford, when im too sick to leave the flat. 

Anyway, ive been enjoying catching up on the forum as a distraction, nice to hear everyone is running well.

11/07/2012 at 18:33

katie - so sorry to hear your news. The gut problems may be related your state of mind - I know when I have had upsetting times/stress etc it has affected my tum.

hope you find somewhere to move to - is there anyone you could stay with?

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((big hugs))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

IronCat5    pirate
11/07/2012 at 20:32

Hi all,

Sticking my head back in here to see if SOC activities are still on the menu. Haven't done much since the Outlaw, other than a short bike at the weekend, and a sprint through an airport today to get my flight .

Sorry to hear all the sad news. Hope things will get better in the coming days/weeks/months. I hope to report back soon when I finally get out on a run.

11/07/2012 at 21:40

((Katy)) I'm really sorry to hear that. If we can do anything - let us know

I'm sorry for being a bit distant - since coming back from the US - my body clock has been rightly up the duff.... I'm struggling with getting up in the mornings so only managed a 10 miler yesterday morning... the rest has been after work 8-9pm. But the most important thing is that i'm getting out there, right?

Although, saying that - considering what i've got to do in the next week - i might have to start forcing the 5am wake up calls to get everything done.

12/07/2012 at 05:48

Good morning all

one and a half miles  on a damp but bright morning

NW two penguins (see below)

Calf seem to be holding its own but I'm not going to up the mileage for another week though and as there is still some soreness i have been thinking of getting some acupuncture to help speed up recovery , My cousin has had some recently on her ankle .She had problems for a couple of years after a break and found it helped( not sure if its just a fancy placebo anyone's thought on this).

As for the two penguins yes I took big liberties they were of the Jake and Elwood (blues brothers) variety two nuns from a nearby convent / guest house taking a morning stroll. http://www.bridgettineguesthouse.co.uk/

Have a good day everyone

Edited: 12/07/2012 at 05:49
12/07/2012 at 07:48

Morning all - NOC run and spin for me today, work is just crazy this week. Katie, bad times, and illness can't be helping, really hope the clouds have a silver lining soon. Nice NW spot valis. Right, better crack on, have a good day one and all.

12/07/2012 at 07:52

morning all

emmy - yep the main thing is to get out if and when you can

valis - I think accupuncture is mainly a placebo effect, but if you think it will help then maybe it will

slow 5.5 miles this morning, but will probably go to tri club run tonight. Beautiful clear sunny sky for once, but chilly for this time of year

12/07/2012 at 08:07

I've had acupuncture following a car accident from my GP, it made a big difference in my movement, she was so enthusiastic she also gave me a load of pins in the face when I went in for sinusitus.

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.