Who else gets up at stupid O clock to run ??

6,881 to 6,900 of 15,574 messages
08/01/2012 at 22:36
Amanda - have fun tomorrow!!

Mr Silky - good one!!
09/01/2012 at 05:52

Morning

Amanda: Welcome and hope you enjoyed it, you and your head torch

Gobi: Impressive. Now its Germany calling

Hope Gemma is okay, haven't heard from her for a wee while...

Older son starts a new job today.

5M Fartlek done. Dry and mild up here this morning. NW: Still got 2 council big Christmas Trees up Nice and bright lights on them  though

09/01/2012 at 07:45
Morning all - no SOC as early commute, going to try and have to combine running with getting into the office. Well done Gobi, international man of mystery. Hope you got out this morning Amanda. Gemma still alive and well on Facebook, I'm sure she'll drop in soon. Good luck to Master B with the new job. Right then, a 5 day week, here goes!
09/01/2012 at 08:03

morning all

well, rest day for me, but foot hurting so think I had better put myself back on the injury bench. I think I need to face up to the reality that I am not going to get the training in for sussex, very depressing - it had all been going so well

gobi - well done!

amanda - welcome and hope you got up. Once you have done it for a few weeks you will get used to it!

glad to hear Gemma is ok, I had been wondering!

have a great day everyone, I had better get on with work now!

09/01/2012 at 08:38

Morning all,

11 miles this morning, very mild out - lovely.  Foxes, water rats but nothing to report.  Had a rest day yesterday (well, swimming) and legs felt better for it today.  Starting to get very edgy and anxious about country to capital this weekend but have been reading Mr Karnazes biog (ultramarathon man) and realise a lot of this ultra lark is psychological so i need to remain positive!

Gobi - awesome time Mr Smooth - race report up yet? Enjoy Bremen, not a city I've been to but im sure they've got good pretzels!

MC - sorry to hear about your injury again, maybe try going to a physio who runs?  Its important to get a physio who understands..

Birky - yay for your son, working man!  How does he feel about it? And mroe importantly where is our Geordie fix?!

Chris - you keep making me feel guilty for leaving my bike sitting idle... i really need to get my ass in gear if this ironman is going to be a reality....

Have a good day all (Kate, i am also struggling to come to terms with a 5 day week!)

09/01/2012 at 11:49
Just 4 miles for me this morning but plenty of hills thrown in. Very mild out - let's hope it stays that way. NW: zero, everything else watch: zero
09/01/2012 at 19:42

Katiecom: Geordie is shattered at moment MrsB had him out for  along walk this afternoon.

Pics posted when MissB gets them !

Edited: 09/01/2012 at 19:42
09/01/2012 at 20:49
wohooo i did it - I got my kit al ready last night and snuck out at 06:00 this morning (think i will do 05:30 next time though) it wasnt as horrible as I thought it would be only problem was I had to cut it short at 4 miles or I would have been caught short - desperatly needed the loo and ended up doing my fastest mile just to get back before diaster struck - thinking if I get up earlier this may not happen but who knows - I had thought not eating before I ran would help - bodies are wierd and wonderul things aren't they dag nammit !
09/01/2012 at 21:08
Never saw Bremen as it was dark and wet as we left this morning. I hope to write the race report later tonight but I will say I went to track this evening and ran 5.2 miles and not all of it was slow :¬)
09/01/2012 at 21:18

Amanda - well done. I sometimes have the loo problem as well - I try and go a couple of times before leaving the house

Gobi - looking forward to the race report

10/01/2012 at 06:03

Morniing

Amanda: Well done, and deciding on getting out 30mins earlier already.

4.5M Steadily done. Nice morning, dry, mild, no wind. still lots of branches etc from last Tuesdays stormy winds about

NW: 2 Christmas Trees still up. PW: 1 car, 'Ovett' our SOC owl was about

Geordie was up and out, but has had his brekkie and has gone back to bed...

10/01/2012 at 06:20

Good morning all

10miles this morning warm ,dry and a good view of the full moon.

NW, 1 Fox, 1 cat, some cows laying down in a field too dark to count them all. Pw 1 car

Amanda  Congatulations on getting up and out.

Kate ,Katie only four days to go now till the weekend.

Birky, Good results from the weekend  saw a bit  of your match as it was on sky1

10/01/2012 at 06:37

valis: Yeah still not convinced over recent dip. Take 4-0 anytime for both though

Katie: He enjoyed it and was up at 8am yesterday forhis  shower. Started at 9;30 ! And it is a 15min walk !!

Tommygun2    pirate
10/01/2012 at 06:40

Morning

7 Miles D&D, its very mild out down here in Kent, almost t-shirt weather.

NW 1 x dog,

OR 3 all dressed up for artic conditions, blimey they must of been hot.

Laters

10/01/2012 at 07:24
Morning all - just 4 miles this morning as a recovery from NOC and spin last night, and a prelude to track tonight, very mild and moony out there. Well done Amanda, don't worry, your body will get into a routine and it won't always be speedwork for the end of the run to get home. Tommy, are you doing much cycling and swimming yet in your IM build up? Valis, the 10 milers are still being churned out then. Gobi, you are a machine. Sorry to hear things aren't going to plan MC, you've got a good base level at the moment and April is some way off so you never know. Morning to all I have missed, have a good day.
PSC    pirate
10/01/2012 at 07:30

must be something about Kent. 7 done and dusted here too, and yes it was very mild, although my phone was telling me it was only 7 degrees.  A few dog walkers out and builders vans around the newsagent, couple of ninja commuters heading to Chilham railway station otherwise all quiet in the lanes.  Too dark for NW/too wrapped up in podcast virtual reality -- Ironman Talk rocks!

Well done Amanda.

Congrats to your lad Birky.  Will you be charging him rent?

Morning peeps...  off to the big smoke today.  Makes a change from the coast.

10/01/2012 at 07:45
Morning everyone

I've been a regular lurker on this thread, and over the last 3-4 months have been steadily increasing my running, and hence my need to get up at times I would call stupid o'clock.

This morning this meant up at 5.30am, out by 6am to do a very enjoyable, relaxed 7 miles with my dog (18month old working lab called Fred).

10/01/2012 at 07:51
www.gobi70.wordpress.com the report is written.

Enjoy

SOCS are back on so 10.5 miles done this morning and already have guys signng up for my new 0515 Wednesday session. I feel so good we are starting tomorrow :¬)
10/01/2012 at 07:55

morning everyone

welcome, young pup and well done on getting up!

very mild here. Actually managed to sleep till 6 this morning instead of lying awake from 4 onwards! I don't really want to get into the old routine though! Must get my bike fitted out with some decent lights and I can do soc bike rides - although OH isn't keen on me doing it - thinks I am going to be knocked off. There really isn't much traffic around at that time though!

Could get an exercise dvd - but I have never really stuck to those kind of things!

well, hoping my dad will get me an appt with dr later - it needs to be a specific dr at our practice, as there is one that runs! You have to go at a certain time to get an appt, difficult when you are at work. Hopefully he will be able to advise on the best course of action and maybe suggest a better physio etc. Having looked on the internet I think it is the posterior tibial tendon that is causing the trouble.

well, have a great day everyone, I am very jealous of all this soc running in such mild weather! It will probably get frosty when I am back to it!

10/01/2012 at 08:35
Well done Young Pup, nice report Gobi, I shall add Vinterland to my want to do race list I think. MC, hope the doc sorts you out, at least this way you can get referred for some specific treatment. Enjoy the smoke PSC, we chose the right time to go skiing, most of the resorts are locked sown at the moment with high winds and snow.
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.