Who else gets up at stupid O clock to run ??

6,901 to 6,920 of 16,238 messages
10/01/2012 at 09:17

Morning all,

Just 5 speedy miles for me this morning - took a look at my lead up to last years country to capital and i rested for 3 days prior so i reckoned i should at least cut down...   However I also realised that last year I did plenty of long runs back to back - i can only hope that my twice daily runs will have somewhat prepared me for running on a tired legs.

MC - sorry to hear you are still on the bench, but having a plan of action helps -  hopefully there is light at the end of the tunnel.

welcome Young Pup - lovely ot have more doggy reports!

Well done Amanda - it does take a while to get your body into a rhythm, if I get above 6 miles in the morning I am still usually caught out, i just make sure i'm prepared.  It's worth it though, to have the roads to oneself and that wonderful feeling of smugness returning home or into the office!

Very mild here too - t-shirt and capri leggings, gloves and hat off asap.

Birky - still christmas trees up?!  its the 10th!  Since returning to my SOCs last week my runs have involved constantly hurdling trees left out for the dust men - lovely smell though!

10/01/2012 at 12:34

Youngpup: Welcome. I've (We've ) a 9month Black Lab called Geordie. He's 'daft 'and is out at SOC for his morning session I'll post pics when MissB gets new ones...

Katiecom: No, they're the 2 large Fir Christmas Trees that the council put up. Oldest son told me that teh recent high winds mean tehy might remain up for  a wee while. Inside info on his first day

10/01/2012 at 20:10
PSC: Oh yes he wil lbe charged 'digs' or what ever its called MrsB sorted that out !
10/01/2012 at 20:14

great race report gobi

birky - good news about your son starting work! Hope he enjoys it and doesn't waste his first paycheck!

PSC    pirate
10/01/2012 at 20:53
birkmyre wrote (see)
PSC: Oh yes he wil lbe charged 'digs' or what ever its called MrsB sorted that out !

LOL...

KAte - yep, you're right.  The resort we were at has been closed for the last 3 days...

Edited: 10/01/2012 at 20:55
Tommygun2    pirate
10/01/2012 at 21:41

KateF I haven't been on the bike for a few months or done much swimming as the OutLaws was full before I could sign up.I am on the waiting list for a place but my hearts not it.(kinda don't want to do all the training just to find out I can't compete)

Anyhoo forgot to say I have now been alcohol free now for 10 days  some sort of world record for me

oh and I have been almost talked in to doing an Ultra, but know ordinary ultra but a 24 hour one. ie see how far you can go in the 24 hours. Very tempted as my big challenge for the year. What do you guys think, total madness or just go for it

10/01/2012 at 22:13
maths:Most of it's accounted for already !
11/01/2012 at 05:59

Morning

Nice 5M done in moonlight.

Cracking full moon when out and  there was a fairly cloudless sky.

Geordie just wandered in with a soft toy !

Tommygun2    pirate
11/01/2012 at 06:48

Morning 7.8 miles run done.

NW 1 fox 2 cats  2 dogs.

OR 3

Nice yellow moon out this morning, still fairly mild

11/01/2012 at 07:16
5 miles SOC for me this morning, and I'm now running very late for work

NW, one friedly Jack Russell

OR, two! i never normally see anyone else.

will catch up later, have a great day all
11/01/2012 at 07:17

rest day so no run

Tommy , Go for it nothing to lose plenty to gain

Chris, Did you book your place for MDS  through running sahara.com ? thinking of e-mailing them to register for 2014 in the next couple of months as long  as towpath goes well.

11/01/2012 at 07:44

morning all

lovely moon here - saw it on my drive to work

Tommy - go for it!

Chris: hadn't realised that you had entered MDS - are you mad? Valis & Chris- both very brave re MDS  but can't wait for the race reports from it!! I really suffer in the heat so am totally in awe of anyone can do it or even thiink about it. I saw that programme where James Cracknell did it.

Happy hump day!

11/01/2012 at 08:07
Mild again this morning - did a marathon pace session so 11 plus miles with MP efforts. My MP is poor :¬0
11/01/2012 at 09:00

Morning all,

Just 4.5 miles for me, the taper has commenced...

Felt rubbish yesterday - all niggly around my hips and at the backs of my knees.  Went for a sports massage and OMG did I need it!  It was so painful, it didn't seem to matter where he touched me I was struggling to contain yelps.  My upper body was tight and overworked from all the swimming with hand paddles and due to extending the lengths of my runs at SOC i havent had time to do my usual stretching so my legs were very very tight - particularly my hips.  I had planned to run home after the massage but I could barely get off the massage table independently!

Had a bath last night and felt much better this morning - although i had to take a painkiller last night to get to sleep!

TG - i am giving up my IM place, going to stick to half IM this year - my heart just isnt in the cycle training.  Do you know if I can nominate someone for my place?  If so its yours.  What is the 24 hour race?  If its a lap race then go for it, I'll be doing the THunderrun again this year, 4th year in a row - i haven't managed to crack it yet, would really like to be able to keep going for the whole time.

Message from Gemma is that she is still alive!  super busy with work but is also injured so won't be racing with me this weekend.  She's back training again slowly and will try to get back on the forum this weekend. 

Oh MC - re: your question from the weekend, the new mattress is not memory foam - i have one of these at my parents house and whilst you generally sleep soundly it creates a lot of heat and does not make for a snuggly in bed.  This new mattress has like a million pocket springs (exageration, but there is a lot) which makes it snuggly but firm...  The guy in the shop described it better....

Gobi - was that out with your 5.15 club this morning?  I wish there was early morning training sessions in London somewhere, no club seems to do anything but late evening.

Happy Hump Day all!

11/01/2012 at 09:09

Morning all - only 4 miles from me after a heavy track session (5 x 7 min efforts) in a total of 8 miles, also Miss F's birthday so had to make pancakes for breakfast before getting on the 7.30 train, it reminds me why I normally commute at 6.15, too busy otherwise! Tommy, asking here you're always going to get the response to go for it with people like Katie and Valis around! I'd say it would be good to try and find someone to do it with you for moral support. Gobi, MP run 3 days after a marathon isn't likely to be at your peak!

Birky, I'm just finishing Charlie Spedding's book at the moment, so many good running books out there. Happy hump day SOCers.

11/01/2012 at 09:33
Katie - I have a feeling the Wednesday may become a solo as I need to run faster than many of their 10km paces when I work MP.

Kate - MP pace was consistant with what I expected. It is just a little poor. Session was solid.
11/01/2012 at 17:19

Well, managed to get in to see my gp today (who is a runner) and he has suggested not using the orthotic arch supports and do some smaller mileage and see how I get on, and go back and see him in a couple of weeks.

Happy now that someone has told me to run. Will get kit ready and set alarm for the morning!

I promise not to do too much. ...

He also said don't bother with physio but might be worth getting a biomechanical assessment from local pod (who I know) at some point

he said that when he went more minimalist it got rid of all his niggles, although he hasn't gone all the way to barefoot.

So nice to talk to someone who understands the desire to get out and run....

11/01/2012 at 18:24

CB: You met a friendly Jack Russell ?!

maths: Good to get ok to start running again eh

KateF: Thats one book I want to read.

11/01/2012 at 22:04

FINALLY got the results of my parkrun - 3rd lady and 3rd in age category   Fairly happy for my first attempt!  (although, in saying that the 1st lady was also doing her first and she was a good 2 minutes faster!)

MC - great news!  See you in the morning!

12/01/2012 at 06:10

Morning

5m Fartlek and legs are like lead at moment.

Nice full moon. NW: 2 cats, 1 owl, 1 bread van, 2 big fully lit Christmas Trees and 1 speeding car. PW 1 car at petrol station.

GNW: 1 cat. Yes he chased Well it did run across his path...

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.