Who else gets up at stupid O clock to run ??

101 to 120 of 13,608 messages
26/06/2010 at 18:24

Ofcourse, in Summer the tone is "well done, you", in bad weather the majority question my sanity 

Haha that's so true.

I have been asked for directions in the past and you have to wait a few second to get your bearings, "Now where the hell was that place?" you're stood there looking completely inane and tell them  incoherent directions

I love morning runs though, this morning I woke up at 5:30 and out the door for 6:30. I'm so jealous of you guys who get to run with your dogs. I have to wait until next year for my Vizsla and I'm so excited!

Do any of you guys feel knackered and in need of a nap say around 4:00 though?

28/06/2010 at 13:22

That's one of the bonuses of doing most of my runs on The Prom - it's mostly pedestrianised, so I encounter very few motorists, lost or otherwise.

I used to run with my parents' Heinz 57 when I was training for the Great North Run in 2001 & 2002.  She loved the extra outings & barely break into a trot.  She was great company & ofcourse this was pre-iPlod days.  When my lottery win comes in & I can jack in work, I'd love a dog - not possible at the mo', so v.jealous of those Runners with canine company.

3.30pm - 4pm is when I usually fancy a siesta.  There's many a time when I've had a short nap on the bus after work.  There was a time when I'd be catching a few sneeky ZZZs as I'd been partying the previous night/was playing out that night, now it's running induced (I do still manage the occasional heavy weekend, tho' - honest).

28/06/2010 at 15:37
Yep do most of my runns 5.30-6.30 in the morning, had just finnished a 16miler by 9am on sunnday in preperation for Snod. Will be out tomoorow at 5.30 doing a 7miler!! I like running at silly oclock to, it is a diffrent world.
30/06/2010 at 11:11

God no, I'd rather run in the heat than wake up earlier than I need too.

30/06/2010 at 12:21

Get up at 6 during the week for my commute to London. Come the weekend my body still thinks its the working week so Im up early for my long runs. You certainly avoid maniac drivers early morning. 

Can't bear the thought of running during my lunch break at work as there are too many maniac tourists on the pavements so I run in the evenings.  These runs tend to be slower as my energy has been zapped.

05/07/2010 at 09:58
I love running early in the morning (usually out at 6am).  Too much traffic later on and too many people about. 
09/07/2010 at 10:32
Christian Louboutin replica shoes are also the same kind of wonderfully designed [b]womens high heel shoes[/b] fabulous pieces that are made from the best of materials that come your way.[b] ladies high heel shoes[/b] You will be able to have this cutting edge of revival of fashion at your best bargains in the market,[b] high heel shoes[/b] Christian louboutin–The Oscar Shoes [b]black high heel shoes[/b] ,Christian Louboutin for sale, but you are also getting the same luxurious comfort as that of the originals.
09/07/2010 at 10:33
Christian Louboutin replica shoes are also the same kind of wonderfully designed <A href="http://www.b2bsharing.com/christian-louboutin-shoes-c-4463.html"><strong>womens high heel shoes</strong></A> fabulous pieces that are made from the best of materials that come your way.<A href="http://www.b2bsharing.com/christian-louboutin-shoes-c-4463.html"><strong> ladies high heel shoes</strong></A> You will be able to have this cutting edge of revival of fashion at your best bargains in the market,<A href="http://www.b2bsharing.com/christian-louboutin-shoes-c-4463.html"><strong> high heel shoes</strong></A> Christian louboutin–The Oscar Shoes <A href="http://www.b2bsharing.com/christian-louboutin-shoes-c-4463.html"><strong>black high heel shoes</strong></A> ,Christian Louboutin for sale, but you are also getting the same luxurious comfort as that of the originals.
09/07/2010 at 11:30
Fuck off jobbie
10/07/2010 at 19:50
gr8 to see my thread is still going only wish I could say i have been getting up at "stupid O Clock" to run but havent have self diagnosed myself as having hip bursitis dosing on voltarol & waiting for physio appt next week - its killing me not being able to go out on these lovely mornings but glad to see you all are enjoying them !!
10/07/2010 at 20:17
That's a shame. Hope you get it sorted out soon and get back to enjoying the early mornings.
13/07/2010 at 07:53

Today:

6am

6.3 miles

In silence.

13/07/2010 at 08:19
Same as above.  6am  and 6.3 miles.  It was cooler this morning so it was easy.  If I had, had a little more time I would have got a bit further.
13/07/2010 at 08:41
I've joined the club too.  I am up by 5.00 a.m. and running at 5.20 a.m 4/5 times a week.   This I have been doing for the last 7 years.  And I am not thinking about giving up yet.
13/07/2010 at 10:04

People - do you eat anything prior to your morning run?

I read from somewhere that having even a tiniest amount of food would be better for fat burning capacity, energy, etc

However I simply cannot eat if I run that early as it just starts off my digestion and my running will consists of nothing but loo breaks.
I'd have to leave running at least for couple of hours after eating.

13/07/2010 at 10:25
No, nothing to eat for me.....just a glass of water before I leave the house and a bowl of porridge when I get back.
13/07/2010 at 11:57
That's pretty much what I do as well.
19/07/2010 at 08:01

I suffered from massive hangover yesterday and decided to tackle with 7 mile run this morning. I'm so glad I did. Was back home before 7am and feel fantastic!!!

Loving the fresh air! 

22/07/2010 at 16:09

I get up at 5am on two days during Mon- Fri and run 6-8 miles before work, and I'm always out by 7am on a Sunday to run 10-15 miles. Always on an empty stomach. I run on a treadmill in my work gym on the three other work week days and I have Saturdays off

I always take a drink with me, but I daren't have one before I go because that would defo mean a loo stop somewhere. I have some routes where having a wee is no problem, but other more urban routes where I can't.

I always exercise in the mornings, on the odd occasion that I've run in the evening I find my legs feel much heavier.

Also there is less traffic about in the mornings. I love running through the empty streets.

ejc
23/07/2010 at 21:49

I prefer to run in the morning (although not always as early as some of you on here!)

I don't eat anything before I run but I always clean my teeth before I go. This wakes me up, plus, I don't like the thought of huffing and puffing with morning breath. My OH takes the p*ss though - am I alone in this habit?

101 to 120 of 13,608 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.