Who else gets up at stupid O clock to run ??

13,661 to 13,680 of 16,214 messages
22/09/2013 at 16:54

Afternoon - great day out, hard work, swim course was shortened as it was so misty we couldn't see the buoys, bike and run were over distance. DW deer, horse, birds and all sorts. Really chuffed with 6.11 as the run was tough, and my gears were knackered, front brake stuck on, amazingly since I put my bike I the garage last Saturday the fixie pixies didn't come and mend it, crazy. Mr F surpassed himself, he wasn't even going to start the run but he was brilliant, I didn't catch him until just after half way on the run. Valis, 20 miles after last weekend, ND50 training begins! MC, well done, was it an OW swim? Chris, glad your race panned out well. 

22/09/2013 at 16:56

Kate - well done, and to MrF too. Mine was a pool swim

22/09/2013 at 18:48

Well done Kate and Maths and Mr F. Certainly seems like a high body count over the two events, especially Kate's DW horse and deer!!

I was at the Devil's Punchbowl for a 15k trail race called The Devil Run. It all seemed a bit chaotic at the start with a 15' delay and no safety pins to attach numbers with and no obvious place for the race to start from. But once underway it was a great event, well signposted and marshaled, and great scenery. Will do again next year.

23/09/2013 at 07:45

morning

well done Chris

decided to have a rest day, well apart from swimming tonight

23/09/2013 at 07:56

Morning - no run as I left my trainers out to dry and it's rained on them. New yoga studio opening in the town today so I shall be trying that out, having a sports massage and a little run and swim later. The joys of a day off.

23/09/2013 at 09:46

Morning all - 4 miles this morning and cycle or swim later.

I'm still at home but being paid by the company so having an extended break from work whilst the legal stuff continues. Think I'll do some decorating today!

23/09/2013 at 10:06

Morning

Easy 3 miles with Geordie, mostly off road. Slept in till 6.25 ! shocking

PSC    pirate
23/09/2013 at 11:06
I have a pair of Nike free shoes. I wonder if this will be an aid to injury free running. If not they are a nice colour!

Well done all of the racers. Particularly Mr F... Perhaps this training lark really is over rated!
23/09/2013 at 11:12

Good Morning L&G

Well done KateF and MrF, a dynamic duo. I trust he didn't trip you up as you went past.....or did you finish together?

Chris, you're turning into a bit of a superstar performer.

Birky, I had to put up with losing at home to Fleetwood Town on Saturday. Can it get any worse?

Maths, well done on the tri....

#21 New Forest Marathon

I've been injured for weeks but I'd paid to enter so I'll damn well do it. The groin holds up for about 14 miles then it's a battle of attrition to the end.

Another one done, 79 to go...

23/09/2013 at 17:48

well done 5:30, but take care of your injuries!

23/09/2013 at 20:32

good going 5:30....running 12 miles with groin pain must be a real struggle!

just entered the 3k Poole Swim next Saturday - another early start in store!

23/09/2013 at 21:51

See you there Chris! Are you doing it sans wetsuit? 5.30, you are crackers, I bet you're doing another one in the next couple of weeks. Swim and spin tonight, don't want to look at my training plan as it will have silly old rest days everywhere.

24/09/2013 at 00:22

I'm not sure Kate. Will take the wetsuit and decide on the day. Depends on the weather and sea temperature. See you at the start but no doubt you'll be finished and enjoying a hot drink by the time I stagger ashore!

24/09/2013 at 06:40

Good Morning all

10 slow miles this warm and misty morning.

Nw 2 foxes

Belatted well done Maths,Chris,Kate , Mr F and

5.30. Though you should watch that injury or it could be no marathons for some time 5.30.Also could it get worse 1986 Easter Saturday 0-4 to west ham Easter Monday away QPR Lost 6-0 .When fans sing where were you when you were #hit , well thats where I was .  Things have got better and I'm sure they will for pompey

Kate, Those rest days are going to be a shock to the system.

Birky 6.30 lay in nearly as shocking as Kate having a rest day.

Must dash  got to get T -25 in before I  go to Maidenhead to sign for a temp agency before I go to work, all so I go to a job interview on Thursday.

24/09/2013 at 07:16

Morning - functional training in the garage this morning, track tonight. Chris, my last sea swim was terrible so you might be getting the drinks in. valis, another one with job changes, you're fitting a lot in this morning. My T25 is awaiting me in a couple of weeks time. Have a good day SOCers.

24/09/2013 at 08:30

Morning all. Really warm today and I struggled through 4 miles, not sure if it was the heat or tiredness effecting me. On a course today currently sitting in caffe Nero doing some marking before trying to find the course venue. Decided to set off at normal time as I had to get over to the other side of Nottingham and didn't want to sit in a massive traffic jam for ages. Not sure if I would stick with t25 so best not to shell out the money for it. Would give it a go if  I could get it cheap though

24/09/2013 at 08:54

Morning all, 6 miles and too hilly for my achilles really - have to get the torture roller out. NW: a stoat! almost ran under my feet. 1 OR.

5.30 losing to Fleetwood - I feel for you, I detest that money fueled club's way of buying sucess, its a horrible trait spreading down the leagues. Must say you lot have got me curious about a tri, even though I'm hopeless on a bike.

24/09/2013 at 09:05

Morning -

Foggy run today but looks like clearing to a nice afternoon so may be tempted to go for an OW swim at Frensham later.

Okay - back to the decorating!

24/09/2013 at 17:30

Decorating done - time for a swim!

24/09/2013 at 20:42

Well done Chris, you should have had nice weather for a dip. 7 miles in total for my track session with 6 x 400m, 6 x 300m, 3 x 200m. Ouch.

13,661 to 13,680 of 16,214 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.