Who else gets up at stupid O clock to run ??

13,901 to 13,920 of 17,238 messages
24/10/2013 at 09:39

Chris, I'm still packing my brolly. MC, lovely day here too, I've got a meeting in Malmesbury this afternoon then driving part way to stay in Herefordshire with my parents, so rest day may be ruined by competitive Scrabble.

25/10/2013 at 08:35

Morning..

Nothing today as resting before the race tomorrow. Can't believe I'm attempting a tough marathon with average daily runs of 4-5 miles and the odd 8-10 miler thrown in! Maybe the swimming and cycling will help but I don't think so. Expect to be doing a lot of walking tomorrow!

Had a nice OW swim yesterday - next one planned for Monday but conditions could be a bit rough if the forecasters are right. Maybe I'll take my surf board to Frensham!

25/10/2013 at 09:03

Morning you lot

Pouring down again this morning so got soaked.

3M Steady through the rain.

NW: 2 dogs, 1 panda (well there was a picture of one on a bus) 2 snails

25/10/2013 at 09:10

moring all

raining here too, haven't been out yet as have family commitments this morning but will be going out for a run later, hopefully the rain will have cleared by then

Chris - the cycling will have helped a bit, good luck for tomorrow

Kate - good luck for you too

25/10/2013 at 11:49

Morning all - lovely stay in a little hotel with the folks last night, 4 miles in the pitch black and wet this morning, acclimatising. In Shrewsbury now making the most of some wifi, see you on the start line fro morrow Chris, I'm in the Victoria hotel if you fancy a pre race pint to add to our poor race preparation!

25/10/2013 at 12:37
Kate - not leaving here until 4:30 so not sure if we'll be there in time for a pint. Will try though. What are you doing post race? There's a bit of a party going on at the Victoria apparently. Will message you on fb with my mobile.
26/10/2013 at 14:06

A'noon

Up and  5.40 am only I was walking Geordie as I was on an early start today at 6.45am.

All the best to those racing tomorrow and today

26/10/2013 at 15:46

hi

couldn't get on this morning - webiste seemed to be down

just swimming and a bike ride with the kids today

hope Snowdonia marathon was good Kate and Chris

26/10/2013 at 19:22

If you can pick up S4C the snowdonia highlights are on 8.30 pm Sunday. Hope it went well

26/10/2013 at 23:26

Good MC, but very hard, 4.41 but felt slower than that. More downhill than I expected, mile 5 was down with the wind behind me, was clocking sub 7 mins at that point. Mile 22 onwards is all up, stunning scenery but too much time looking at my feet to stay upright. Decided to leave today to miss the storms tomorrow so pleased to get the journey done. Whippets, Sky + will be set.

27/10/2013 at 08:54

well done kate

I had planned an run this morning but the kids were awake and making noise so early I tried to sleep but couldn't and just feel grumpy now. I should have got up and gone out

27/10/2013 at 22:58

Snowdonia completed in 5.21. My slowest ever marathon but happy to have finished at all considering the lack of long runs in the build up. Note to self - must try harder to take these events seriously in future!! Great weekend though and will be back next year to smash my pb for the course - 4.14 set in 1995!! 

NW - sheep (lots of them!)

Edited: 27/10/2013 at 22:59
28/10/2013 at 07:08

Morning all - a wild one out there, just a couple of miles to stretch the legs. Chris, some PB on that course, did you also see the DW of a couple of birds of prey?

28/10/2013 at 07:51

morning all

we seem to only have the rain and not the wind, so not too bad here. I ran yesterday afternoon though so not this morning. I seem to have hurt my shoulder in the gym yesterday so might have to skip swimming tonight

well done at Snowdon Chris

28/10/2013 at 08:57

Morning

Out for a 4 miler this morning to check out the storm damage. Not a lot to report; a few trees blown down and some big puddles and lots of fallen leaves on the roads. Quite bright and sunny out and still a bit blowy. Lovely rainbow too.

Kate - I didn't see the DW birds of prey but there was a carcass of something in the middle of the road on the first hill out of Llanberis. Looked like a sheep or large fox.

Swim later.

Edited: 28/10/2013 at 08:58
28/10/2013 at 13:50

A'noon

Well done the racers.

Catch up soon.

valis: A good win yesterday

Edited: 28/10/2013 at 13:51
PSC    pirate
29/10/2013 at 05:49
Morning campers!
29/10/2013 at 06:20

Good morning all

3 miles this morning all calm on the weather front here.

Started my  new job yesterday all seemed to go well. Tme is a bit tighter in the morning now .

Birky, a very good win and I hope tonight they can continue. Rangers still flying aswell should also be a win for them tonight.

Well done Chris and Kate on your mountainous marathon.

Hi Psc ,Maths.

29/10/2013 at 07:13

Morning all - just some weights this morning to save myself for track tonight, gloves and long sleeves at the ready. Resigned from my job yesterday so I am hoping for some garden/intensive training leave in the next few weeks, the commute to London beckons again from September. How's the chest feeling valis?

29/10/2013 at 08:01

morning all

4 miles for me this morning, long sleeves but no gloves necessary, definitely chillier though

hope the new job is going well valis

Kate - have you got another job lined up?

birky - how is your new job going?

hmmmm - wonder if I should be changing jobs? This is the longest I have worked in the same place for a while now...

13,901 to 13,920 of 17,238 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.