Who else gets up at stupid O clock to run ??

141 to 160 of 16,399 messages
13/07/2010 at 10:25
No, nothing to eat for me.....just a glass of water before I leave the house and a bowl of porridge when I get back.
13/07/2010 at 11:57
That's pretty much what I do as well.
13/07/2010 at 12:34
Up, get ready, glass of water, stretch and out  for me.
19/07/2010 at 06:03
Enjoyed my run this morning. Quite when I was out.
19/07/2010 at 08:01

I suffered from massive hangover yesterday and decided to tackle with 7 mile run this morning. I'm so glad I did. Was back home before 7am and feel fantastic!!!

Loving the fresh air! 

22/07/2010 at 16:09

I get up at 5am on two days during Mon- Fri and run 6-8 miles before work, and I'm always out by 7am on a Sunday to run 10-15 miles. Always on an empty stomach. I run on a treadmill in my work gym on the three other work week days and I have Saturdays off

I always take a drink with me, but I daren't have one before I go because that would defo mean a loo stop somewhere. I have some routes where having a wee is no problem, but other more urban routes where I can't.

I always exercise in the mornings, on the odd occasion that I've run in the evening I find my legs feel much heavier.

Also there is less traffic about in the mornings. I love running through the empty streets.

ejc
23/07/2010 at 21:49

I prefer to run in the morning (although not always as early as some of you on here!)

I don't eat anything before I run but I always clean my teeth before I go. This wakes me up, plus, I don't like the thought of huffing and puffing with morning breath. My OH takes the p*ss though - am I alone in this habit?

23/07/2010 at 22:08
sometimes I run very early at weekends at 7am
24/07/2010 at 07:35

Back to a normal 'stupid o clock' run for me today.

It was great.

24/07/2010 at 15:33

I tend to run my training schedule of 6 days per week so I have a reasonable amount of time for recovery from the hard sessions, so it usually goes like this:

Monday 19:00 Track day hard 40 minutes coached intervals to exhaustion.

Tuesday day off

Wednesday 04:15 stupid o'clock easy session

Thursday 04:15 stupid o'clock hard fartlek

Friday 04:15 stupid o'clock easy session

Saturday midday long run 12 miles plus at whatever pace I wish to do

Sunday 07:00 easy session to make up to 40 - 45 miles for the week

That usually gives me good recovery time and my weekend times are not too early so I run somewhere near the times when races start. Of course when there is a race my schedule is adapted to cope with it, although I tend now not to taper for anything that is 10k or less as I just treat it as a hard session.

Oh, and early mornings are glass of water, sip of energy drink and then out the door. When I get back, hard session mornings I treat myself to choccy milk with whey protein within 10 minutes of finishing but whichever case I have my breakfast within an hour of exercise.

Edited: 24/07/2010 at 15:49
26/07/2010 at 06:04
Cracking 5am run today,as sun rising over Kilpatrick Hills, lots of bright colours. No wind andit was  warm. Thats why I get up early to run.
26/07/2010 at 09:19

Woke up at 5.30 am to my first hangover in over a year. Decided to go out running to 1. Beat myself for over indulging 2. To kill the hangover.

It worked all right. Now I just feel tired and am just about to nod off at my deskkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

27/07/2010 at 05:52

I missed all  the heavy rain up here (8am -lunch time) by running at stupid o clock yesterday

Fartlek this morning , well at least it was dry !!

Shattered at moment...

27/07/2010 at 08:56
ejc wrote (see)

I prefer to run in the morning (although not always as early as some of you on here!)

I don't eat anything before I run but I always clean my teeth before I go. This wakes me up, plus, I don't like the thought of huffing and puffing with morning breath. My OH takes the p*ss though - am I alone in this habit?

Absolutely not, ejc.  I always brush my teeth before a run.  My OH doesn't take the p*ss tho', he's still fast asleep!
28/07/2010 at 05:54

New running year for me started on Monday. Don't ask why too long ago to go into exact by late July details.

Realised on Monday that I've been keeping a training diary since since July 1984 and started running at 6.45am back then !

A long time running at stupid o clock

28/07/2010 at 09:54

Yes im out at least two morns a week 4.30 i like that early morning me time sometimes my legs feel like concrete for first mile does anyone else have this in early morn runs?

28/07/2010 at 11:30

Another vote for the early morning run here.  Training for my last half marathon, was heading out the door about 5.10am through Jan-March (yikes!), in cold Scottish winter.  Race was March so didn't really have a choice other than just to get on with it.

Not getting to run as often as I'd like at the minute, but early morning summer runs are great.  Our house is less than a mile from quiet country trails, so almost always see at least one deer and several surprised bunnies.  Hard to beat having that time to yourself when it's so quiet and peaceful.

Great way to start the day, and only way for me to get a run as when I get home after work there's mini me's to play with, so no chance of any exercise then.

28/07/2010 at 14:46

Usually go 3 times during the week at around 6.30 am.  For 3 miles, then longer ish one on the weekend.

Cant go in the mornings at the moment.  Having an op in Sept.  Very tired so sleeping in most days.  I still go on an evening, shorter distance and no long run at weekends.  Do about 10 miles a week now. 

Upsetting me really that ive been so tired, as i love running in the mornings, even icy dark mornings, sparkling frost on the ground. 

Im going to do a 10k the week before i go in hospital.  Il be slow but i love running so much....its my best friend xxx

28/07/2010 at 15:03

Ok tomorrow I'm going to head for my longest stupid o'clock run yet. 10 miles. Out by no later than 5:15

I'm going to love it.

I'm regretting to have missed most of the summer mornings for being too disorganised. Getting back to the routine now.

28/07/2010 at 15:28

Hey Christie

Thank you sooooooooooo much for your plea for motivation. I logged on just now in order to find some motivation for my own early-morning run tomorrow!!!

Whilst I don't quite get how forums work (is it just me or are they quite user-unfriendly?) I am finding them increasingly useful as I attempt to build a new, healthier relationship with running. My new agenda "agenda for change", if you will ;-> is about running because I want to, not because I'm scared that if I don't I will  get fat, out of shape and no one will love me any more.

However, I guess I've not quite managed it yet because I've also put my name down for a half marathon in September. I do not know if my 3 times a week schedule will get me to the right level of fitness to compete, but I'm using Smart Coach and being realistic. And, at the end of the day Smart Coach says I need to do a run tomorrow morning. Only three miles with a fartlek section. I am well slept, well fed and in the best frame of mind to do it. The only thing that will get between me and the sense of achievement tomorrow is exactly that thought: "is there anyone else in the WORLD getting up earlier than necessary to get hot, sweaty and tired before the day even starts?"

So, if anyone else is running tomorrow morning then I look forward to sharing the experience. In the meantime I will click forward to the end of the thread and see if five other people have already told their identical story!!

With thanks to you all!

Ros

141 to 160 of 16,399 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.