Who has "met" a celebrity whilst out running?

41 to 46 of 46 messages
10/04/2007 at 13:22
Dame Tanni Grey-Thompson at Wakefield tenk a couple of times.
Jimmy Saville in Roundhay Park in Leeds. He's often at races round there as well cheering on the runners.
Nell McAndrew at Pudsey tenk. Nice girl.
And Veronique Marot, former marthon(or half, or both, cant remember)world record holder, recently gave me advice about my dodgy knee.
10/04/2007 at 13:26
Jane Tomlinson at the start of the Abbey Dash a couple of years ago.
Tony Audenshaw, Bob Hope from Emmerdale, at a couple of races and talked to him at the GNR show thing last year.

Apparently he posts on here.........
10/04/2007 at 13:42
Ooh I've got one now - Graham Norton, walking a dog whilst I was running across Blackheath last week. Nice dog, big shaggy thing.
10/04/2007 at 14:03
Nobody too exciting...

Jimmy Saville at the Great Scottish Run

Michelle McManus and Yvonne Murray at Glasgow Sport Relief Mile

The girl from Corrie who used to work at the dog kennels and now works in Dev's shop ! - Great Trail Run Loch Lomond

I haven't met anyone famous when out on a normal training run though I did meet Robbie Coltraine in Heathrow once
10/04/2007 at 14:39
Lots whiltst running, but most already mentioned.

Tim Vine, in Richmond Park I've also seen Andrew Marr both running and on a bike (though not at the same time, that would be silly) the DI bloke from Life on Mars who was in Calendar Girls. At various Great Souths Frank Brunno (can say I beat him in the 5th) and most of the cast of Emmerdale a few years ago were staying at the same hotel as us as was Bredan Foster.
11/04/2007 at 10:33
Disney Marathon Florida. I saw Mickey & Minnie Mouse, Donald Duck. Woody and Buzz Lightyear, Goofy.

Still thats enough name dropping for now.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
41 to 46 of 46 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.