Who loves maps?

running brings out the geographer in me!!

21 to 25 of 25 messages
23/12/2012 at 21:25

Sorry to be pedantic but should that be cartographer not geographer? I do have a certain love affair with maps that combines nicely with a love of archaeology and running. At work we have a 1:25,000 map on the wall, an old one with the old railway lines on. Well, lets say it keeps me amused at quiet times!

23/12/2012 at 22:52
SideBurn wrote (see)

Sorry to be pedantic but should that be cartographer not geographer? I do have a certain love affair with maps that combines nicely with a love of archaeology and running. At work we have a 1:25,000 map on the wall, an old one with the old railway lines on. Well, lets say it keeps me amused at quiet times!

Fair point - but it brings the geographer out in me (maps/topography/social geography/meteorology/statistics) (!!)

24/12/2012 at 00:57
Ivor - I have recently procured the OL1 Ordnance Survey map and am looking for a case/carrier (not sure what the correct term is). What would you recommend ? Ta
24/12/2012 at 14:55

Ivor,

I find new fell races to run just so I can spends hours looking at the route on my map

24/12/2012 at 15:10
carterusm wrote (see)
Ivor - I have recently procured the OL1 Ordnance Survey map and am looking for a case/carrier (not sure what the correct term is). What would you recommend ? Ta

I know this is wise after the event but the OL series can be bought in a plastic coated form; more expensive but the best way to protect a map. Otherwise just go to any outdoor shop and buy a case. I have never bought one that lasts long, so I get cheap ones and expect to replace them! It is a shame that copy-right rules do not allow you to copy the bit of the map you want (on a scanner) and then plastic coat it with a home laminator; it would work a treat.... shame

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 25 of 25 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.