Who's entered the ballot for the Olympic Park Run?

81 to 97 of 97 messages
20/11/2011 at 00:04
Ive got in and have been on the other thread! @Keyser Suze if you dont want your spectator places can  I buy one? My daughter needs a carer with her which would mean I cant bring my son! I have emailed Customer Services and they say I cant get another ticket! Sure this is going to be a pain for everyone!!
23/11/2011 at 16:21
Really wish that places had been kept back for charities or London running clubs.
25/11/2011 at 13:50
I'm not sure why they're being so stingy with the spectator tickets anyway. The stadium must take a lot more than 10,000 people. I'm ok because I've only got one child, so the tickets go to my husband and son, but I'm not sure what we would have done had we had two children.
Edited: 25/11/2011 at 13:54
25/11/2011 at 16:18

Article on news the other day re security at the Olympic Park and the cost of it etc.  I guess they may be looking a this as a test event in terms of getting large numbers through security.  They'll have 15,000 people to get through security this way which I guess is a big enough test.

I haven't heard of any other events in the stadium pre-olympics.

Would be really amazing though if the stadium was full!

25/11/2011 at 16:19
Hellywobs - the capacity is meant to be 80,000
26/11/2011 at 13:38
I'm in - really chuffed as only started running this year and it was my first ballot. Hope my luck continues - see you in March
28/11/2011 at 10:40

Anyone not using their place?

Will give generously to charity in exchange for 2 places.

16/01/2012 at 13:33
The bigone:

@Keyser Suze if you dont want your spectator places can I buy one? My daughter needs a carer with her which would mean I cant bring my son! I have emailed Customer Services and they say I cant get another ticket! Sure this is going to be a pain for everyone!!

Just seen this - have you had a reply from Customer services or another solution?

Thanks
16/01/2012 at 14:20
Anyone got tickets to spare???
05/03/2012 at 16:08
Would be very interested in spare tickets for spectators. If anyone is not using any of theirs, I will happily pay some money for them or donate to a charity instead etc. Thanks in advance!
06/03/2012 at 10:50
Are there any more places to be had?
06/03/2012 at 10:56
S_L_O wrote (see)

Article on news the other day re security at the Olympic Park and the cost of it etc.  I guess they may be looking a this as a test event in terms of getting large numbers through security.  They'll have 15,000 people to get through security this way which I guess is a big enough test.

I haven't heard of any other events in the stadium pre-olympics.

Would be really amazing though if the stadium was full!

Exactly.  I was lucky enough to get tickets for the Word Cup cycling at the Olympic velodrome (capacity 6,000) a few weeks ago and it was clear that the "test event" nature of the occasion extended to the security operation - literally airport-like in its detail, with bag searches, restrictions on how much drink you could bring in, etc.  I would guess that the security operation for increasing the number of spectators at such a minor event as this (with respect!) would probably cost more than staging the race itself.
12/03/2012 at 13:11
James Holland 7 wrote (see)
Would be very interested in spare tickets for spectators. If anyone is not using any of theirs, I will happily pay some money for them or donate to a charity instead etc. Thanks in advance!

As would I - need one extra - have 2 kids and a missus - kids are 3 and 12 so can't leave one of them outside while the other goes in with Mum!

Thanks!

Andy

14/03/2012 at 23:44
The same as above above... I have three children so only two can go .. we are all coming up from Wales and staying over night ..really looking forward to it .

The children especiallly are though how your suppose to leave one out...any one has a white area ticket they wont be using we would really really grateful...

Thanks in advance...Pete
DKS
30/03/2012 at 09:21
Good luck to everyone running and spectating, not looking forward to the 2 hours they say it takes to get in!
02/04/2012 at 19:26
I was in Saturdays event, and only have good words to say about it.
From starting to line up, to getting into the Olympic Park was no more than 40 minutes, there was certainly no bottlenecks in getting in the stadium due to different starting waves and everyone seemed to have a great time.
DKS
03/04/2012 at 07:30
Yes it was quick to get in etc.. Glad you enjoyed it

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
81 to 97 of 97 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.