Why can't I lose my belly and get a 6 pack

81 to 84 of 84 messages
04/09/2016 at 12:14

This is a great article. But, there are simple ways to do this. Not sure you agree or not. I wasted so much time in inefficient methods to achieve results. you could understand what i mean here,

05/09/2016 at 03:23

The diet  is the key part of you getting into shape. No amount of exercise will make up for a bad diet.

Reduce/eliminate:  soft drinks, alcohol, processed foods, red meat, dairy and gluten.

Eat more vegetables and drink more water. Lean protein sources like: nuts, fish, eggs and protein powders.

Lift weights 2 or 3 times per week and  2 or 3 easy cardio work outs per week.

05/09/2016 at 07:15

I can do a 'plank' for 15 minutes plus. But to show the 'six pack' off, I'd have to starve and dehydrate myself down to less than 50kg.

However, at my age, I'm past my sell by date, so I'll pass on this narcissistic regime and go direct to the fridge where the beer is kept.

One comes to terms with one's limitations.

05/09/2016 at 15:54

This thread has just confirmed how crazy some people get when it comes to discussing nutrition. As if 'their' way is the only way. 

The original question is essentially 'how can I reduce my body fat'? The answer is surely that there are two main ways (1) increase your consumption of calories through running and weight training (more muscles = greater underlying calorie consumption) and (2) consume fewer calories, which can be achieved in a number of ways but is likely to involve some degree of denial (beer, chocolate, pizza) which is not fun.

If you sustain this lifestyle for a few months you will lose body fat & eventually gain a sixpack (assuming you throw in the odd sit-up). You will also have fewer friends and be invited to less stuff because you don't drink and you are picky with food. 

Thats my take, at least.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
81 to 84 of 84 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.