Why don't they only give the top half of the field a medal in HM's and marathon

21 to 40 of 188 messages
19/02/2013 at 12:17
RicF wrote (see)
literatin wrote (see)
David Falconer 3 wrote (see)
lolz ........ actually I would probably be in the top half of any given field, hence why Im bringing this up now and not say 6 months ago

remind us what your HM time is, David?

6 months then, the last occasion.

Explains a lot.

http://s4.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/493151/gallery/images_0.jpg?width=350

That wasnt bad Ric ....... very quick

19/02/2013 at 12:24
literatin wrote (see)
lolz ........ actually I would probably be in the top half of any given field, hence why Im bringing this up now and not say 6 months ago

remind us what your HM time is, David?

Its faster than 2 hours and slower than 1 hour 30

19/02/2013 at 12:26

Oh, well then you *might* have just slipped into the top half of the last HM I did... no medals at all, though.

19/02/2013 at 12:29

Haha, so youre saying that a 1.31 time in your last HM would have only just scaped the top half ........thats why I avoid those and do the big ones with rank amateurs

so did you finish in the top half and do a time under 1.30 then?

Edited: 19/02/2013 at 12:30
19/02/2013 at 12:34

ha, no, I'm saying that the 430th person out of 860 got a time 'faster than 2 hours and slower than 1 hour 30', so it'd depend which end of the scale you were at!

And no, I only did 1:30:49 that time. 

19/02/2013 at 12:35

haha check you out ......... well Im somewhere around the 'middle of that time frame' shall we say

I bet you were gutted you couldnt eek out another 50 seconds over that course ......

19/02/2013 at 12:36

Anyway my time for the next few years will be a lot faster than Oscar Pistorius!!

Dave The Ex- Spartan    pirate
19/02/2013 at 12:37
No Oscars time will still be Oscars time
19/02/2013 at 12:40
Why should I not get medal just because I'm a slow runner? I've trained as hard as everyone eles, I've raised hundreds for my charity, I will turn up on the day and I will finish. It may take me 3 hours to complete my first ever half marathon in two weeks time, but I will most certainly have earnt myself a medal for my efforts!

Giving medals to the top half of the feild is simply elitist!
19/02/2013 at 12:45

"I've trained as hard as everyone eles"

Cmon now Kirsty ...... are you sure. A little birdy told me that apparently you went to the dessert counter at lunch ...... not sure if that double chocolate gateux is part of your training regime.

19/02/2013 at 12:58
How dare you judge me David! You know nothing about me, my life or my training. You are implying I am carrying a little more weight than I should be, a massive assumption to make, just because i run slow, it doesnt make me fat. There are just some of us in life who weren't built for running but we give it a go anyway, we do it because we enjoy it and not because we want to be the next Paula Radcliffe, it about taking part and achieving something not winning. You need to take your head out of your own a***! And maybe try showing a little respect, encouragement and support to your fellow runners, you never know we may just fly past you and beat you to the finish line!
19/02/2013 at 12:59

Kirsty ignore David's comments. He's just a troll that thinks he's funny.

19/02/2013 at 12:59

Don't get involved Kirsty! Dave just LOOOVES (said in best Back to the Future Marty's grandma voice) being in his playpen, ooh I mean, Controversial

19/02/2013 at 13:00
Don't worry Kirsty DF3 knows very little about anything, and even less about running
19/02/2013 at 13:01
Thank you Eggyh73 and Max's mum
19/02/2013 at 13:01

WOA!!

kirsty first off, read davids previous threads! he doesnt take anything seriously!!

take everything he says as utter nonsense! and then look at the OP and tell me he wanted a serious response??

19/02/2013 at 13:04

Cmon now Kirsty ...... are you sure. A little birdy told me that apparently you went to the dessert counter at lunch ...... not sure if that double chocolate gateux is part of your training regime.

I wonder if David behaves the way he does because he is so frustrated about his inability to ever satisfy a woman?

Edited: 19/02/2013 at 13:06
19/02/2013 at 13:06

lolz ......... finally someone bit ....... it took me a while ........... but I got there

To be honest, in a forum like this which has very few 'newbies' and mostly regulars, it becomes harder to poke and prod cause everyone knows what youre doing.

Thats what I like about posting on the Telegraph and Daily Fail sites because there is enough new people coming through to get outraged by your posts lol.

19/02/2013 at 13:07
Flump 85 wrote (see)

I wonder if David behaves the way he does because he is so frustrated about his inability to ever satisfy a woman?

Come on now Flump, Ive been trolling for years, do you think a line like that is going to work on me

19/02/2013 at 13:08
If this is what turns you on, perhaps Flump 85 is right
21 to 40 of 188 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.