Why don't they only give the top half of the field a medal in HM's and marathon

41 to 60 of 133 messages
19/02/2013 at 13:36
Wilkie wrote (see)

I don't say you're not training, but really, you are NOT actually training as hard as everyone else.

Getting of the sofa and out the door can be hard, but it does not amount to TRAINING hard.

Give it a rest.  DF3 was on a wind-up in the first place, now you're trying to make a serious issue out of it. 

Cheerful Dave    pirate
19/02/2013 at 13:36
Dave The Ex- Spartan wrote (see)
But it's unlikely DF3 would be in the top 3 David's !

Let alone age group or over all

He's only just scraped in to the top 3 David Falconers.

David Falconer 3 wrote (see)

lolz

Good grief, how old are you?  I bet you don't see that very often on the Telegraph message boards.

19/02/2013 at 13:38
I don't need advice on my training but thanks for the offer, I appreciate it, im sure the advice would be useful and worth while, but i'm going to stick with my ironman personal trainer who understands where I've come from and what I've achieved and what I'm aiming for next
WiB
19/02/2013 at 13:39

So we all appear to be in agreement... POSE running is the solution.

WiB
19/02/2013 at 13:44
Wilkie wrote (see)

I don't say you're not training, but really, you are NOT actually training as hard as everyone else.

Getting of the sofa and out the door can be hard, but it does not amount to TRAINING hard.

Eliist twaddle overload.

Training hard depends on your fitness, condition and experience. Most of us experienced runners could go out and breeze ten miles at a decent pace and hardly break a sweat. Someone new to the sport could go run three miles and feel like they've gone ten rounds with Mike Tyson mentally and physically. Training hard is an individual thing relative to that persons ability at the time.

My experience was the first few months of running were by far the hardest training I did. Not in terms of miles, or pace, but just gaining that basic fitness level and mental toughness. The hardest of my training runs since haven't battered me anywhere near as much as those runs did no matter how much effort and commitment I've put in.

Time take take off the elitist cap and open your eyes to the world. Not every runner is a top tier runner for what ever reason and that doesn't mean they aren't giving their all. The crap your spouting is the very thing that puts people off even trying our sport. People looking down their noses at others.

Edited: 19/02/2013 at 13:45
19/02/2013 at 13:47
Eggyh73 wrote (see)
Wilkie wrote (see)

Training hard is an individual thing relative to that persons ability at the time.

+1 to that.

WiB
19/02/2013 at 13:50
David Falconer 3 wrote (see)

Oh god, everyone is attacking everyone else now, this is not what I wanted at all ........ I feel really bad.

You'll have to stock up on bait soon.

WiB
19/02/2013 at 13:53
Some of us were hoping you had run out of steam !

But I suppose til KK gets back from France you'll do
XX1
19/02/2013 at 13:55
Kirsty -- This forum is full of tw*ts, smart arses, trolls, etc (and I'm not even including DF3 in that) and attacking newbies is their second sport... Welcome aboard
XX1
19/02/2013 at 13:57
Eggyh73 wrote (see)
Wilkie wrote (see)

Eliist twaddle overload.

Training hard depends on your fitness, condition and experience. Most of us experienced runners could go out and breeze ten miles at a decent pace and hardly break a sweat. Someone new to the sport could go run three miles and feel like they've gone ten rounds with Mike Tyson mentally and physically. Training hard is an individual thing relative to that persons ability at the time.

My experience was the first few months of running were by far the hardest training I did. Not in terms of miles, or pace, but just gaining that basic fitness level and mental toughness. The hardest of my training runs since haven't battered me anywhere near as much as those runs did no matter how much effort and commitment I've put in.

Time take take off the elitist cap and open your eyes to the world. Not every runner is a top tier runner for what ever reason and that doesn't mean they aren't giving their all. The crap your spouting is the very thing that puts people off even trying our sport. People looking down their noses at others.

I wasn't looking down my nose, I was questioning Kirsty's opinion that she trains as hard as everyone else.  She can't KNOW how hard everyone else trains, so she's making a sweeping generalisation, and it was that I was taking her to task over.

I didn't say that she DIDN'T train hard, I just asked her how she knew what everyone else was doing, and what she was doing (which she didn't actually answer in the end).  

Edited: 19/02/2013 at 13:58
XX1
19/02/2013 at 13:58
DF3 -- Any thoughts on a two-tier goody bag?
XX1
19/02/2013 at 14:17
Flump 85 wrote (see)
I wonder if David behaves the way he does because he is so frustrated about his inability to ever satisfy a woman?

I would hazard a guess its more likely to be the case he can't even satisfy himself !

XX1
19/02/2013 at 14:27
DF3 -- You have your comedy moments granted... But I wouldn't quit your day job... It gives you plenty of time to goof around online for a start
XX1
19/02/2013 at 14:27
Why not run an event that has a cut off time for medals, like Comrades?, if you are so bothered about it?
19/02/2013 at 14:29
Or organise your own event? Stop talking, start acting!
19/02/2013 at 14:34
Kirsty Paintain wrote (see)
but i'm going to stick with my ironman personal trainer

ironman personal trainer = training harder than everyone else.

XX1
19/02/2013 at 14:42
If Kirsty thinks DF3 was being offensive then she probably shouldn't have mentioned her personal trainer :~}
XX1
seren nos    pirate
19/02/2013 at 14:51

David..you do not appear on the power of 10......so not much of a runner then......unless you had more than a single brain cell and that isn't your real name.........

19/02/2013 at 14:58

David only runs the first half of races so that he can get the feel of the event. Seren, please wait until later this year when he debuts and  will be up there on Po10. I am being careful in planning David's racing to maximise his PB and goody bag potential.

seren nos    pirate
19/02/2013 at 15:01

shame i won't be around on may 5th to watch him race.........i would love to see if he is as cocky and mouthy in real life........and if he can actually run more than a couple of miles.........

41 to 60 of 133 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.