Why don't they only give the top half of the field a medal in HM's and marathon

41 to 60 of 188 messages
19/02/2013 at 13:08

Ah well, can't blame me for trying

19/02/2013 at 13:09
Jason Wintin wrote (see)

WOA!!

kirsty first off, read davids previous threads! he doesnt take anything seriously!!

take everything he says as utter nonsense! and then look at the OP and tell me he wanted a serious response??

Normally I should be offended, but actually youre pretty spot on.

19/02/2013 at 13:09
Flump 85 wrote (see)

Ah well, can't blame me for trying

lol.

19/02/2013 at 13:13

"I've trained as hard as everyone else".

How do you know how hard everyone else has trained?  Some people train six days a week, clocking up 50 or 60 (and more) miles a week.  

Many train four or five days a week, covering 30 or 40 miles a week.  

Have you done that?

Edited: 19/02/2013 at 13:13
19/02/2013 at 13:14

Only because 9/10 forum threads have you hi-jacking them and they always make me laugh 

especially when someone totaly loses it with you 

19/02/2013 at 13:15
Wilkie wrote (see)

"I've trained as hard as everyone else".

How do you know how hard everyone else has trained?  Some people train six days a week, clocking up 50 or 60 (and more) miles a week.  

Many train four or five days a week, covering 30 or 40 miles a week.  

Have you done that?

Look out Wilkie is now trying to usurp me in the 'winding people up' category!

19/02/2013 at 13:18
Hi Jason

I hear what your saying, but as a new member on the forum I haven't had time to read all the treads and find out about this guy. So maybe he should be careful what he says as it can be very offensive to people. If what he said was in person he'd have been introduced to the palm of my hand, there is no need for it. Users like that aren't a great advert for a forum or a way of getting people to come back.

But I've learnt my lesson and have discovered the hardway this guy is a clown and I will take on board next time to check who the OP is before replying!
19/02/2013 at 13:18

What DO you mean, David? 

Anyhoo - it's a serious question!

Kirsty says that she's trained as hard as everyone else, but I question that assertion.  I'm just inviting her to tell us firstly how she knows what training everyone else has done, and what training she has done.

I think I'll have a long wait for an answer, though.

19/02/2013 at 13:23

Kirstie P - I'll make a deal with you.

If you answer Wilkie's question, I will give you a public apology for my post.

19/02/2013 at 13:24
No Wilkie you won't have a long wait. Everybody trains hard, no matter what distance they are running,because the hard part is getting up and going out there instead on sitting on the sofa! So it doesn't matter how many miles a person is running a week, so long as they are getting up, doing it and trying! As for my training, it's going great thanks and the miles are clocking up no matter what the weather!
19/02/2013 at 13:28

lol Kirsty thats not really answering the question is it

Cmon Kirsty P ..... we all want to be friends here, but you need to be honest with us and yourself about your training regime. Wilkie might even be able to help you 'tweak' your workout routine to get a better performance out of you.

19/02/2013 at 13:29

then you can piss all over davids time 

19/02/2013 at 13:31
Wilkie wrote (see)

What DO you mean, David? 

Anyhoo - it's a serious question!

Kirsty says that she's trained as hard as everyone else, but I question that assertion.  I'm just inviting her to tell us firstly how she knows what training everyone else has done, and what training she has done.

I think I'll have a long wait for an answer, though.

For a new runner getting out and doing any miles can be just as hard (if not harder) and take just as much time as an experienced runner who is doing 60 miles a week.

Nice to see the same elitist idiots still attacking and belittling those new to our sport.

19/02/2013 at 13:33

I don't say you're not training, but really, you are NOT actually training as hard as everyone else.

Getting of the sofa and out the door can be hard, but it does not amount to TRAINING hard.

19/02/2013 at 13:34

Not everyone is out to run a PB, or to get faster and faster.

Its about the motivation. I know many people that run half/maras in memory of folks they've lost solely to raise money.

The charity makes money, the runner gets a medal that says "Hey I did that half marathon and raised x for charity" and its a memento of the day they set out on that challenge and acheived it.

Unless you are in the elite, the only person you are ever running against is yourself or maybe a couple of mates you want to better. Maybe award the medals on personal accomplishment that you enter at the start of the race or on signup?

You choose the target you want to shoot for (PB/Sub 2/Sub 1.45/Finish) and only if you meet that target do you get a medal. Might be a bit more interesting, but nearly impossible to manage in a large field

Edited: 19/02/2013 at 13:35
19/02/2013 at 13:35

Hi Kirsty, welcome to the forum!

Don't worry about being new & fitting in - with lines like: 

... it about taking part and achieving something not winning. You need to take your head out of your own a***! ...

you'll be fine!

DF3 - how about you show us your training plan & results, and then Kirsty can show you hers?  

19/02/2013 at 13:36
Wilkie wrote (see)

I don't say you're not training, but really, you are NOT actually training as hard as everyone else.

Getting of the sofa and out the door can be hard, but it does not amount to TRAINING hard.

Give it a rest.  DF3 was on a wind-up in the first place, now you're trying to make a serious issue out of it. 

Cheerful Dave    pirate
19/02/2013 at 13:36
Dave The Ex- Spartan wrote (see)
But it's unlikely DF3 would be in the top 3 David's !

Let alone age group or over all

He's only just scraped in to the top 3 David Falconers.

David Falconer 3 wrote (see)

lolz

Good grief, how old are you?  I bet you don't see that very often on the Telegraph message boards.

19/02/2013 at 13:38
I don't need advice on my training but thanks for the offer, I appreciate it, im sure the advice would be useful and worth while, but i'm going to stick with my ironman personal trainer who understands where I've come from and what I've achieved and what I'm aiming for next
WiB
19/02/2013 at 13:39

So we all appear to be in agreement... POSE running is the solution.

WiB
41 to 60 of 188 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.