Why don't they only give the top half of the field a medal in HM's and marathon

121 to 140 of 188 messages
20/02/2013 at 13:13

DF3, if you really want to show off your 'elitism' then why not check out these guys ...

http://www.xempo.co.uk/

Dave The Ex- Spartan    pirate
20/02/2013 at 13:16
Bruce C wrote (see)

DF3, if you really want to show off your 'elitism' then why not check out these guys ...

But DF3 isn't elite... He's not in the top half, thats whats upsetting him

20/02/2013 at 13:18

I've not seen Steve Way wearing his.

mind you gold's probly a bit posh for training

Edited: 20/02/2013 at 13:20
20/02/2013 at 13:32
Dave The Ex- Spartan wrote (see)
Max's Mum wrote (see)

It made me start thinking what constitutes a chav? 

Someone who messes about with Play Stations ?

Taxi Driver wrote (see)
DF3 -- The mind boggles wondering how many posts you'll manage today given that all your (nice) work (if you can get it) is done

Bruce C wrote (see)

lol, I can see what they are trying to do, but it will never catch on ..... besides Id probably just get the fastest one anyway and confuse the runners behind me about why Im setting off so slow

20/02/2013 at 13:33
Bruce C wrote (see)

But DF3 isn't elite... He's not in the top half, thats whats upsetting him

I'll be in the top half in the Reading HM next month, dont worry about that sunshine

20/02/2013 at 13:35

Sunshine ?    You really are about 12 aren't you ?

20/02/2013 at 13:40

Sunshine ?    You really are about 12 aren't you ?

lol, but wouldnt that make it more impressive if you saw me in the top half and I did at age 12

XX1
20/02/2013 at 13:41
DF3 -- Have you ever run the Brighton Marathon?
XX1
20/02/2013 at 13:42

Having just looked at last years Reading half results, to be in the top half you only have to run 2:08:20, So not the biggest challenge

Not quite sure what the 12 people who took over 4 hours were doing ? Stooped for a pie & pint ?

20/02/2013 at 13:43

Stooped for a pie & pint ?

were they on the ground?

20/02/2013 at 13:44

Not quite sure what the 12 people who took over 4 hours were doing ? Stooped for a pie & pint ?

Dont laugh Dave ........ check out Mile 8 on the course (I think its mile 8, anyway actually they really do stop for a pint) ......

20/02/2013 at 13:45
Taxi Driver wrote (see)
DF3 -- Have you ever run the Brighton Marathon?

Nope never have ....... I refuse to do something that is so common that Katie Price would enter it

20/02/2013 at 13:46
skotty wrote (see)

Stooped for a pie & pint ?

were they on the ground?

In a pub called 'The Turk' ........ (not joking either)

20/02/2013 at 13:46

Err I had a pint of guinness and a doughnut half way through the marathon on an Ironman last year !

So hardly impressed with people having a pint on a half marathon

20/02/2013 at 13:49

Err I had a pint of guinness and a doughnut half way through the marathon on an Ironman last year !

So hardly impressed with people having a pint on a half marathon

lol, if it makes you feel any better I wont be stopping off for a pint ........ what time would make you proud of me?

20/02/2013 at 13:51

Oh and of course I knicked a beer from someone in the finsh chute as well.....

I don't really care DF3, So long as you are happy with a T shirt and a tacky medal

Edited: 20/02/2013 at 13:52
20/02/2013 at 13:53

The beer at Reading isn't a pint, it's a plastic vending cup full.

20/02/2013 at 13:54
Bruce C wrote (see)

Ha, brilliant. Perhaps they'll print the runner's cock length and current account balance on the shirt too.

I have a dream, that one day people will not be judged by the content of their character, but by the colour of their shirt (and the length of their cock and amount of money in the bank).

20/02/2013 at 13:54
Screamapillar wrote (see)

lol, well that wouldnt be enough to impress Dave the Spartan, and it aint enough to impress me then!

What about you screamapillar? you in this thing at Reading?

20/02/2013 at 13:56
Screamapillar wrote (see)

Tacky......

At least at last years Outlaw  Mr & Mrs Cake passed me a proper glass of guinness and a box of Krispy Kremes to take my pick form

And as a "hasher" I once had a pint of Newky Brown at half way on a GNR and still got in under 2 hours...........

Hmm I'm not a runner I'm an alcoholic with a running problem

121 to 140 of 188 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.