Winter running clothing

What do you wear when it gets cold?

41 to 47 of 47 messages
26/10/2012 at 15:48
simon teare wrote (see)

Colin wears this

I want one.  I't go well with my long hockey socks.

26/10/2012 at 16:19

Noooooo Colin needs the third one down on 'this' link 'items frequently bought together!' sorry technology escapes me on how to show it but shortcut

29/10/2012 at 15:05

The one item I like best is some form of spikes or grippers for my shoes, or even shoes with these features built in. That lets me keep running regardless of ice or snow.

29/10/2012 at 15:08

I'm with Steve   I absolutely love love love my Yaktrax, couldn't be without them (plus they make me feel really hard core lol!!!)

16/11/2012 at 13:53

Interesting. I've never tried any spikes. Can you run on road with them or is that impossible?

16/11/2012 at 14:26

The Yaktrax are spirals and you can run on asphalt with them for transittions. The springs are wound around rubber bindings and it is the rubber that can wear through first, e.g., if it is wrapped round a heel edge and you happen to heelstrike on asphalt.

Most spikes have carbide tips and they can survive many hundred k if you only occasionally hit stone or tarmac. Only ASICS afaik use NON-carbide tipped and they wear down extremely quickly on anything but snow or ice. OTOH they are replaceable.

29/12/2012 at 17:24

I've got some yaktrax...now just need some snow and ice! 

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
41 to 47 of 47 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.