Winter Training in Manchester!

4 messages
18/09/2002 at 08:12
Having built up a reasonable head of steam training over the Summer, I'm now faced with the dilemma of what to do in the Winter during the week, now I can't see where I'm putting my feet in the dark nights and mornings in the Pennines. Not wanting to lose whatever level of fitness I've built up, I wondered if anyone could recommend a running club/group that have access to a floodlit track during the week in the NW or M62 corridor area??
18/09/2002 at 08:54
You could try East Cheshire and Tameside AC, they have access to a stadium. On this side of the Pennines there is Spenborough AC - probably a bit far to travel.
cougie    pirate
18/09/2002 at 09:10
Some of the Total Fitness gyms incorporate indoor running tracks. Any near you ?
18/09/2002 at 11:33
Macclesfield Harriers (depending on where you are in MCR)has a lit track and the road running groups keep going all year long. Email me if you want more detail.

Also I know the Sale 10 starts and finishes at a track in Wythenshaw Park. I can't remember whether it has lights (seeing as it was daytime in August when I was there) but it may be worth trying

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
4 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.