Wisdom teeth removed arghh

How long b4 resuming training - even if it is with hamster cheeks?

2 messages
22/05/2011 at 19:26
Had all 4 wisdom teeth removed last wednesday under general anaesthetic, i assumed beforehand being relatively young and fit id be out of action for 48 hours, but now its sunday evening and my jaw is still swollen up and i havent been able to run since. Whilst the pain has eased slightly day by day, im abit cautious of running whilst my jaw is swollen up - possibly risking opening the sockets and getting an infection. Im guessing as this is a fairly common procedure there must be plenty of people out there who've had this done, so im curious how long in general people took time off training following the op? I really dont want to compromise my training progression with extended time out and tomorrow will be 5 days on, so should i be ok to get the trainers back on even if there is some swelling still?
PloddingOn    pirate
22/05/2011 at 20:03

Its personal and depends on your pain threshold really.  It didn't take me very long at all to get back into the swing of things and I had 6 teeth removed

Just play it by ear.  I wouldn't do anything until you feel happy enough that the movement won't hurt too much. 

Also, GA takes about a week for you to fully recover from.  There are a few effects that can linger for up to 7 days in some people.

10 days MAX

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
2 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.