worksop 1/2

21 to 24 of 24 messages
11/10/2002 at 11:25
Pleased to see that there are other 1.45ers. I anticipate being somewhere around that time, although a hip problem is slowing me down at present. I think 1.45 at GNR is good Richard. I'm sure I ran more like 15 miles last year dodging in & out of all the fancy dress lot. Will look out for yoy Aluaka.
11/10/2002 at 12:51
It's either Worksop or Leicester - like the sound of worksop - but training partner from work is doing Leicester - unless I talk him into worksop.

Going to have a crack at 1:30 - my best and only previous is 1:36ish in Notts which is fairly flat - I take it WOrksop is going to be quite a bit tougher but I would be happy to trade a bit of time for scenery! - how would it compare to Leicester?

I'm going to try and be a bit more systematic in training for this one - although I've got no hope of following the RW training schedule which looks a bit too demanding for me - probably try for one long training run (10-13 miles), one hour steady run, and then a couple of other sessions which might be easy recovery runs or hill/interval/cross country/fartlek/cycling stuff as the mood takes me per week.

11/10/2002 at 17:50
Nigel: Thanks for the feedback

Llama man: What no. are you ?? I can watch out for you as well then. Are you a club runner ??
19/10/2002 at 17:18
Please note no more postal entries accepted
closing date19th October 2002
To date 1000 entries for the half
you can enter on the day 27/10/02
10.30 start

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 24 of 24 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.