Would you buy shoes online or not?

Please help: Online shopping questionnair

10 messages
01/07/2011 at 23:11

Please help to answer the questionaire here! 

http://kingston.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_cOPSxeJ22OYn1eQ

I’m a student and currently doing the research for buying shoes online. Mainly focus on the reason why people buy shoes on the Internet.

This survey will take only 5 minutes. Thank you for your time.

01/07/2011 at 23:17

I've bought shoes online cause it's cheaper than going to a shop and paying for their staff wages, rent, etc. Don't get me wrong I support local running shops and have bought many shoes from these as they are owned & run by real runners. Having found a pair that I liked I bought my last pair online - same as what I bought in the shop.

I wouldn't a buy a pair if I hadn't tried them on intially as shoes vary a lot I width and fit as well as when you try them out hand have a giat analysis.

02/07/2011 at 00:51
Only completed some of the questions, what I earn is of no relevance imho

The question are missed out some important questions as well. I generally buy in store due to associated products and services such as biometric checks which are not available online
Edited: 02/07/2011 at 00:53
02/07/2011 at 09:00
For what it's worth, clumsy wording in section 3. If I was doing this research, I'd try to find out how many people bought their first pair of "trainer X" at a proper shop, then bought exact replacements of "trainer X" online.
02/07/2011 at 09:20
ive bought online but only when ive been and tried them on in store, certainly not buying blind,

if you know your gait and are familiar with a brand its ok i guess, i bought my last 3 asics that way based on my gait and the way they are designed as i'm very familiar with asics an *fingers crossed* their way of doing things for my style is consistent,

02/07/2011 at 13:29
What?? You've posted the same survey here and on Folksy.com What is the point? Folksy is full of crafters who design and hand make lovely stuff on a small scale. RW is full of errr... runners!

Buying running shoes is TOTALLY different to buying casual/ fashion shoes. You haven't made any distinction at all. Do you even understand the difference? Do you care? What are you trying to gain from this survey?
05/07/2011 at 14:07
OP is crackers
05/07/2011 at 14:50
the survey is also stupid as it allows you to complete the whole thing without ticking a single box!! as I just did as a test.

it's from a Business School and they allow that to happen?? oh dear
07/07/2011 at 16:29

What's freedom of hassles ?

Do I want more hassles ? or do I want The Hassles to be freed ?

11/07/2011 at 23:24

Last time I bought running shoes on line, the company sent me someone else's order (and sent my order to that other person).

I cancelled my order due to non-delivery of what I wanted, sent the misdirected items back, and requested a refund of my postage for sending them back.

I had to threaten legal proceedings before they (eventually) bothered to refund my postage.

Since then I've bought in shops. Far less hassle.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
10 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.