X-country

8 messages
07/11/2002 at 17:13
Does anyone know of any x-country events that are open to non-club members in the Herts/Essex North London region
07/11/2002 at 17:20
I'm not sure how it all works, but why don't you join a club, then you'll have tons to choose from (and lots of other benefits of a club too)?

Nicola
08/11/2002 at 10:34
Just moved to the area so I will take your advise. I am more a cyclist/triathlete so I will check that out. Cheers Jason
08/11/2002 at 10:43
Jason

my club, in Essex, runs in three leagues. There is the Essex League which is the big one which tends to be of a better quality field (so I believe), the North Essex League which has clubs from Ipswich, Dunmow, Colchester and Chelmsford, and the Mid Essex League which is meant to be a bit better for people's first experiences of cross country.

I think its possible to enter all three as a non club member, but I could be wrong.
08/11/2002 at 11:11
Joining a club is usually cheap - all you need is the membership and their vest - you don't actually have to ever meet them other than to hand your finishing number over at the end!
08/11/2002 at 12:13
Parky thanks for the advice Jason
08/11/2002 at 12:56
Where abouts have you moved to Jason? I'm thinking of joining the Trent Park Running Club in Enfield and from their website I know they hold regular cross-country events.

Just can't quite commit sufficiently to running on specific days of the week to take that step and join a club - I like the flexibility of running on my own.
08/11/2002 at 14:10
Minkin, I live in Sawbridgeworth but I work at the David Lloyd club in Enfield and I do know a couple of the guys from Trent Park as they are members. Peter Lambert has set up a Tri-club at Trent and uses our pool on a Saturday morning before running with Trent, his details are on web site.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
8 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.