YES!!!

Just beat my HM PB by 9 minutes :D

401 to 420 of 717 messages
28/01/2010 at 00:32
America's Next Top Model?

Is that on cartoonito? or cebeebies?
28/01/2010 at 06:54
Never heard of Chris North, but there is a Chris Noth...
28/01/2010 at 06:55
lardarse wrote (see)
America's Next Top Model? Is that on cartoonito? or cebeebies?

Might be found on RWUK v RWUSA...

Edited for PS

PS Sorry, LA, looks like I was 2 years and 1 month (and 2 days) too early .  Hope you don't mind waiting.

Edited: 28/01/2010 at 06:57
28/01/2010 at 09:28

D2D - I think you missed a trick last night.  In some freaky coincidence of cinema-going I also went off to see Avatar 3D and they did do me a 2-for-1 Orange Wednesday.  Yay!

Cracking good fun, and considering the main female character is about 11ft tall with blue skin and pointy ears, she definitely gets it.

Oh yeah, your SATC bloke is in a new legal drama on Monday nights on Channel 4 called The Good Wife. His missus is that bird out of ER with the nice eyebrows. 'tis rather good.

Is there enough sexist langauge in this post?

Morning! 

28/01/2010 at 10:40

CJBA - never mind about the marriage, i can wait

I'm so misunderstood on RWUK vs RWUSA, woe is me, woe is me...

I see my avatar has finally appeared! lol

edited: wrote rwuk vs rwuk! DOh!!!!!!!

Edited: 28/01/2010 at 10:42
28/01/2010 at 10:42
thinking about it, that might be more accurate...
28/01/2010 at 10:45

Phillis - That's a bit off! What cinema did you go to? We went to the one in Oxford. Ah well, our minds were made up when we were told it was more htan 3 hours anyway to be honest.

I'd be interested to see your match.com results if your ideal woman is 11ft tall with blue skin & pointy ears

Will have to check out that Good Wife. Does he look old and fat in it? I don't want to watch it if he does. I'd rather live in my delusionsal Chris-North-is-still-hot world. 

Edited: 28/01/2010 at 10:46
seren nos    pirate
28/01/2010 at 10:46

Lardarse.

sorry but I could never ask you to marry me wearing that top.....for some reason I just hate the union jack flag...........not sure when this started or why but i can't stand it................I'm fine with the england flag or the welsh, scottish, irish flags..................

If I lived in the USA I could get some therapy no doubt to help me with this matter

28/01/2010 at 10:48

I don't like the flag either.

Well, burn me at the stake, I'm unpatriotic.

28/01/2010 at 10:52

Funnily enough i don't wear that top in everyday life, i don't walk around tescos in it

....didn't know you were thinking about marriage, thought you liked men with chicken wings...

PloddingOn    pirate
I don't like it either

that last post was for seren nos btw..

28/01/2010 at 10:54
I don;t understand why so many people rave about avatar. The effects were amazing, but they made up for that by having such a weak plot.
I think the independent review summed it up pretty well:

"But just how fascinating is it to be immersed in Avatar? Barely at all, if you're looking for narrative intelligence. The characters are barely 2D: militaristic baddies, plucky tough cookies, noble and vaguely African embodiments of life force. As for the dialogue, Cameron's script budget must have run out at first-draft stage. "

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/reviews/avatar-james-cameron-163-mins-pg-1845569.html

28/01/2010 at 11:04

Got to agree with that, crazyD

I loved it visually (in 2D, I'm not inclined to watch 3D movies), but came out thinking 'why do big-budget cutting-edge technologie movies always have to be action-movies?'
Less war-scenes and maybe something more interesting about the avi society could have made it a great movie.

Read a briiliant review somewhere, will go and look it up...

28/01/2010 at 11:13
lardarse wrote (see)

CJBA - never mind about the marriage, i can wait

No worries, I can wait too, but it will be a loooooooooong wait .

lardarse wrote (see)

I'm so misunderstood on RWUK vs RWUSA, woe is me, woe is me...

Don't think so.  I thought that we were all  for your mileage.  There was only that one episode of Yank-baiting, which doesn't count because they started it.

28/01/2010 at 11:15

I saw on IMDB that it relied heavily on war/battle scenes. Seems the more blood, gore, guts spattered everywhere and shock-value a big Hollywood film has, the more popular it is.

Sad really.

28/01/2010 at 11:17

Actually I agree totally, but I'll stick to my "cracking good fun" three word mini-review.   I had an idea how 2D (heh!) the characters were going to be when they wheeled out the American army chief, who made Kenny Everett's version look more realistic!  (Actual line at start of battle scene "Let's get this over with, I wanna be back in time for dinner.")  lmski  - probably something to do with James Cameron wanting to make another bucket-load of money.  The success of Titanic was hardly based on its deeply profound romantic sub-plot.

D2D - I wasn't an avid watcher of SATC but I'd say yer man has aged a bit and porked out a bit but still has that glint in his eye. 

seren nos    pirate
28/01/2010 at 11:21

You should know by now Phil...........D2D doesn't do fat  ever.

Better dead than fat...i think the phrase should be

28/01/2010 at 11:24

Am I D(2d)?

Is it a fat, porky glint though Phillis?

28/01/2010 at 11:26

Found it

This guy needs to
a) find living arrangements that involve interaction with more living beings than just his goat
b) go easy on the funny cigarettes, maybe better leave them alone altogether

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.