YES!!!

Just beat my HM PB by 9 minutes :D

661 to 680 of 717 messages
30/01/2010 at 17:20

http://www.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/379821/Gallery/jlvn1563l.jpg

JM sends D2D secret messages of lurve and they plan to run away together at a LSSR pace, without even being out of breath 

ahhh..  true love at its best...

30/01/2010 at 17:25

That's so inaccurate...

I have a Mac for a start.

cougie    pirate
30/01/2010 at 17:29
Well done on your first place d2d - decent time there too - sub 20 by the end of the season maybe ?
30/01/2010 at 17:31
D2D - do you use Safari as your browser? I was under the impression (wrongly?) that I couldn't do all this WYSIWYG stuff without using imbedded commands and couldn't upload piccies on to the thread with Safari.....am I missing something?

The only facility I seem to be able to use is the edit function to remove all the rude bits.

Edited for rude bits
Edited: 30/01/2010 at 17:32
30/01/2010 at 17:31

Thanks Cougs.

Yep, that'll be something to aim for certainly.

Will be back next Saturday to smash my time, will wear more clothes this time & prey there's no ice on the route.

30/01/2010 at 17:33

No.

I use Firefox.

I can only get pics on the forum by c/p'ing direct HTML links from Photobucket?

30/01/2010 at 17:55

Well done D2D!  You've gotta be pleased with 21:30 & 1st lady

I got round Newcastle in the super slow time of 24:55, my only comfort is that everyones times were well down due to the 2.5 inches of snow on the ground!  It was more like running cross country than a road race - not least because you couldnt distinguish the paths from the moor.

2nd lady too so not that unhappy

30/01/2010 at 18:18

Well well well.....

I first estimated your time at 21:15. I then changed it to 21:42...and this is AFTER IGNORING your sub20 training time!

You finished exactly in the middle. I think I can call that a victory to me..

It's a massive improvement on your 10K time, halfs and mara times. Which makes me question your whole running history. Runners don't improve this dramatically after 5years of 50-70m/week!

I'll stick with my 1:38 for your half too..

Oh I suppose a well done is in order. 1st lady. It wasn't your fault all the fast ones didn't turn up.

PS. My daughter ran sub20/5km at 11yrs old. So lets get it in perspective!

30/01/2010 at 18:46
11 year old girls running sub 20 for 5k........I think my talents must lie elsewhere
30/01/2010 at 18:51
She was nearly 12 at the time Tom
30/01/2010 at 19:07

'Oh I suppose a well done is in order'

http://breakfastintheruins.files.wordpress.com/2008/11/pigs_flying.jpg

seren nos    pirate
30/01/2010 at 19:12

if you look at the results d2Dthey give you a age %.so you can compare yourselve..........your much higher than me but lower % than my son and OH and neither of them are very fast runners.middle of the pack I think of them as neither are natural runners........so you need to put some work in to raise the %.

just one point...........what is your focus for the next few months..is it a fast 5K time or half marathon or marathon time...........if you want to break records then you need to know what your main focus is.............training for one can help the other times but if you want to have  a really good time in any of those races then you need to train towards that and not spend so much time on the other distances

Only you knows what you thinbk is most important over the next few months..............

30/01/2010 at 19:22

My OH said exactly that earlier on Seren...

Perhaps a few of the words were different, but the message was the same.

'You can't train for a fast 5k and a fast HM and a fast Marathon - you need to focus on one'

Hmmmmmmm.

I really can't say.

Of course, the bet's still on with Puffy for a 3:30 Marathon so that's my ultimate aim (not because of the bet, I had this motivation way before the wager was introduced) YET is it so much to ask that I throw a couple of tempo sessions into the mix & enjoy racing fast 5ks too?

I think I underestimated somewhat how much this morning would take it out of me. I'm starving & pretty tired (I did bike a slow 8 miles in the gym & do a load of weights earlier though so I've only myself to blame) but I've got an LSR planned tomorrow too. 

Of course, I don't want to compensate on my new 'quality' LSRs or my Marathon training as a whole, yet I felt this morning was like a break from all the hard work. I thoroughly enjoyed it & think if I don't do this kind of thing on a regular basis (i.e. race shorter distances for fun & catch up with runners I haven't seen for a while), then I may start to get a bit stale. 

Wonder if they'll be putting some pics up soon. My protruding nipples and grimacing face will be a laugh.

seren nos    pirate
30/01/2010 at 19:31

the odd 5k races will help your marathon training probably D2D.and I'm sure you will get quicker............but maybe after the marathon you can then concentrate on really getting your 5K right down.

definitely carry on doing them as they are great fun and a chance to meet other runners...........

anyway i'm off the forum for a week so take care

30/01/2010 at 19:36

Sounds like a good plan, Seren.

Of course, after Stratford, I'll be taking some time off - cross-training & recovering.

Maybe when I return, I'll put all my efforts into speedy 5ks - maybe I won't.

Who knows.

Won't be long before Abingdon again after that.

Will be happy to have ended 2010 with 5 Marathons under my belt at 24 though

Edited: 30/01/2010 at 19:36
30/01/2010 at 19:53

Well done D2D

I admire you for stating a time and going for it

30/01/2010 at 20:16
Cheers Piggy
30/01/2010 at 20:22
Mr. Puffy wrote (see)

D2D  would you like to have a bit of fun? 

My PB is 3:46 down from 3:57 targetting my training, following a proper schedule and listening to people who are more experienced than I am.

I bet you £20 for a charity of your/my  choice  that on 25th April, my approach will show a bigger improvement in my time than your "inner runner" approach will to yours. 

No needle, no flouncing, just good natured competition, what about it?

Hang on Katy... I didn't bet you wouldn't go under 3:30, I bet that I will knock a bigger chunk off my pb than you will.  I don't think either of us will go 3:30. 

Well done today, a win's a win, you must be feeling good. I've only ever been 4th Lady.

30/01/2010 at 20:42

Speak for yourself.

I'm going 3:30!

Thanks. I'm feeling good about it, but I'm gonna feel even better when I get a better time next week.

Are you being funny or are you a woman?

30/01/2010 at 20:43

PS it kind of freaks me out when you call me Katy.

I don't know why.

No one else does on here.

661 to 680 of 717 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.