YES!!!

Just beat my HM PB by 9 minutes :D

1 to 20 of 711 messages
24/01/2010 at 09:30

I know, I know - I don't care about times BUT I do have a bet on with a certain forumite atm...

13.1 miles in 1:36 (breaking my HM PB of 1:45 by 9 minutes!)

Bring it on Puffy.

24/01/2010 at 09:33
nice one D2D
24/01/2010 at 09:45
Cheers Hoosey
24/01/2010 at 09:49

Nice going D2D

24/01/2010 at 10:02
Thanks Omar
24/01/2010 at 10:10
Well done D2D- thats brilliant & especially for someone with a much doubted training schedule !!
24/01/2010 at 10:13
Well done, what race was this in?
24/01/2010 at 10:16

Cheers Camlo

Wasn't a race.

Just ran 2 laps of my 6.5 mile route & added on a bit at the end.

Am wondering whether it's because I've built more strength since I've been biking 10/15 miles at a time at the gym as well as mixing up road running with treadmill running. Maybe variety is the spice of running as well as life. Hmm...

Edited: 24/01/2010 at 10:16
24/01/2010 at 11:01

It's on already, what's changed? You're doing what you do, I'm doing what I do.

Well done, good luck, see you back here 25th April

seren nos    pirate
24/01/2010 at 11:36

great time D2D

was this a long slow run or a speed session..............

great run but my money is still on mr Puffy........the bet is for 25th april not how many PB's you break in training

24/01/2010 at 11:57

6.5 mile route or 6.5km  ......????

....or measured using the footpod?

If it's genuine, great time D2D, you should be able to run 3.15 off that, so if it's not quite right you could end up looking foolish...

...god forbid that should happen...

24/01/2010 at 11:58
ROUND OF APPLAUSE.....FANTASTIC GOING, WELL DONE!
24/01/2010 at 12:19

A load of rubbish!

You don't get PBs in training, and this should be taken with a large dose of salt.

Last month D2D ran a 10K RACE in 47min (7'35"/m)...

Now she claims to have ran more than twice that distance (in training) in a faster pace 1:36/half (7'20"/m).

Do it in a race D2D and stop showing your stupidity.

Edited: 24/01/2010 at 12:20
24/01/2010 at 12:27

Well done!

However, I do think a 3:15 marathon is a bit unlikely off that, unless you're doing crazy mileage or that wasn't an all-out effort

I'm missing something, what's the bet?

seren nos    pirate
24/01/2010 at 12:40

D2D  its easy to shut up your doubters.................put the garmin splits on here.........after all the ribbing she took last year when she got the measurements wrong when she boasted about how fast her run was.......................she is hardly going to come on here and do the same mistake again....

I'm amazed at your ability to run so fast on a training race.......

I couldn't find a race so I tried to do a race..........on my own......just couldn't get the adrenaline flowing so couldn't get my pace up.............any tips on how to the get the adrenaline up to make it like a race situation

Edited: 24/01/2010 at 12:42
24/01/2010 at 12:41

Glad to hear your training is going well (I think) D2D but I would strongly recommend you run a proper HM race, under race conditions, with a number on, to get an idea how you're really progressing. You'll be surprised how much you can push yourself (oh hang on, you don't care about times so you won't push yourself... or am I misunderstanding your blatant contradictions today?  ), especially if you've rested up for a few days before hand.  Your official race time will give you a more reliable figure to plug in to the race time predictors so we can see how achievable your 3:15 target is looking.

seren nos    pirate
24/01/2010 at 12:43
3:30 is her target so she is well on track ..................................unless an injury crops up
24/01/2010 at 12:45
Beg your pardon.  Yes, a 1:36 HM at this stage is well on track for a 3:30.  Come on D2D, get that race number on!
24/01/2010 at 13:06
Jason27 wrote (see)

Well done!

However, I do think a 3:15 marathon is a bit unlikely off that, unless you're doing crazy mileage or that wasn't an all-out effort

I'm missing something, what's the bet?

Yeah that was me, i must admit i just plucked 3.15 out of thin air...!

But then again, she did say she did 7:20 a mile in training, and few peole would run slower in a race, so under race conditions, 7:26.2 for a  3:15 marathon, is achievable...if unlikely.

24/01/2010 at 13:09

!!!

I knew there'd be at least one loser who thought I was lying!

Well, you'll be eating your words come March 7th JM - I'm running the MK Half & am going to be practicing my LSRs every Sunday morning up until then. (Something I've not done before i.e. I used to run LSRs on a Friday night when I'd been working all week, was tired & cynical as everyone else seemed to be either out enjoying themselves or in with their partners)

Mimicked the race conditions as much as possible this morning. Set off just before 8am & looped round to collect some Powerade on the 2nd lap. Took a few swigs then binned it - didn't feel like I needed it (which is a good sign compared to my last LSRs preparing for Abingdon where I'd carry the bottle round for a lot longer)

Also, felt stronger, more positive & more capable than ever before (took the entire day off yesterday & ate/drank well too)

Have no doubt I can run this time or even quicker in an actual HM. Anyone care to wager a bet on this one?

If anyone's in doubt, they are more than welcome to join me next Sunday ha.  

Seren -  I can't report on Garmin splits since I've only got one of those crappy Forerunner 50s. After my embarrassment of getting my distance/pace/time/basically everything way off last year, I am definitely not going to repeat it, no! I am absolutely adamant everything is correct now. My time today simply reflects my hard work in the gym & new attitude to resting/quality training rather than just racking up 'junk miles'

As for getting yourself focused & getting the adrenaline flowing like in a race situation, for some reason, it helped me going out really early when there weren't many cars about. Not sure why but I felt I could completely just go for it - no running on the spot whilst waiting to cross busy roads, no people with dogs in the way, just absolute freedom of space.

Also, I found it SO much easier to run this distance in the early morning compared to when I used to run LSRs at night. I think it's because the roads seem everlasting in the dark & in the daylight, things just seem more positive - you can see the sun breaking through the clouds & everything feels fresher - the surroundings & yourself.

Edited: 24/01/2010 at 13:11
1 to 20 of 711 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.