Your body aches all the time but all you can think about is your next run
You know your a RUNNER when....... your always hungry
You know your a RUNNER when.......you know exactly 1 mile from your front door in any direction
You know your a RUNNER when.......the most expensive thing you own is your running shoes and your top of the range Garmin
feel free to add your comments.have a great day everybody..
The first thing you do with a new calendar or diary is write in race dates so OH knows not to book anything else.
When injured an important question that has to be asked to the doc/fizz/etc - can I still do any training?
Feck me Duckintor,you really need to get out more! .
But seriously some funny stuff in there. my fav is no.52. i always do that.and it fecks me off when they keep switching to the field events..
58. You hobble up the stairs on your hands and knees - ALL the time
59. It gets to 3.00pm at work and you think - YES - only 1 hour 30 minutes to go 'til hometime - that's like when I've only got a mile and a half to go when I'm running - how easy is that
60. 90% of your food cupboard consists of pasta, bread and potatoes - and the other cupboards are filled with ibuprofen, volterol gel, safety pins, jelly beans...
61. You can't wait 'til payday to secure your place in important races, buy new gear and double up on shoes you won't need for another 500 miles
62. You annoy all your friends on Facebook by syncing your Garmin/Nike+ so that it updates your status with your distance each time you run
63. You seriously consider anger management classes after not being able to get on the treadmill at the gym 'cause people are on there WALKING
64. You make a race calendar at the start of the year instead of bothering with boring resolutions
65. You have a tin of Mars bars/other seriously fattening snacks for when you've just finished a gruelling training session/race
66. You wear ballet pumps to work 99% of the time in case you mess up your gait in silly heels
67. You shower with your gear
68. You hear the word 'run' in a sentence - even if it's totally out of context - and completely zone out and start thinking about your next session
69. You go out with two different running shoes on to test the frost on the road and see which offers best grip and then wait 30 minutes staring out the window for the sun to thaw it anyway
70. You get away with buying gear made for 9-10 year olds 'cause running has given you the frame of a gnome
71. All the literature around your house is connected to running - running books on the book case, fliers about new running shops/gyms opening/discounts off online running retailers, race numbers, old trail magazine on the bathroom floor..
72. You instinctively know where all the potholes in the pavement are and the distance between lamp posts
73. You own more high-vis gear than a traffic engineer
74. You spend half the day at work on RW
75. You wish you were a man so you could go out at midnight and run through the forests on your own
Fantastic! you missed out.most of your facebook posts mention the words.RUN or RUNNER or racing !
I love this topic - it keeps popping up and keeps me chuckling!
76: you own more trainers than shoes77: you wear a sports watch all the time78: you have a gold/platinum account with wiggle77: all your favourites/last looked at items on Amazon are running/sport related78: you stock imodium in the cupboard in the bathroom79: you like the smell of deep heat80: your music is sorted into running songs/non-running songs
Devoted2Distance wrote (see)
76. You rarely wear underwear anymore 'cause you've got so used to how liberating it feels without it under your gear
No. 70 - I ordered an age 9-10 Nike top on-line by mistake! I had worn it twice before I realised!
If you go away for work or on holiday you firstly find out where the nearest gym is or what the best route to go for a run is before you've even checked in or looked at the beach!
Visit the official Runner's World page
Follow Runner's World on Twitter
Other Natmag-Rodale Sites
Run For Charity
About Runner's World
Runner's World is a publication of Hearst Magazines UK which is the trading name of The National Magazine Company Ltd, 72 Broadwick Street, London, W1F 9EP. Registered in England 112955. All rights reserved.
Website powered by: Immediate Media Company Ltd. | © Runner's World 2002-2014 |