You know you're a runner when...

What made you or your friends realise you'd caught the bug???

61 to 64 of 64 messages
18/05/2010 at 21:56
GymAddict: Or even without your shorts !
18/05/2010 at 21:56

Kit drawer/cupboard and shelf.

....and when you look forward to being a bit older so you can race in the next vet catagory.

Mrs going for F40 before I get to M50

19/05/2010 at 21:19

When the decimal point becomes important (I'm forever correcting people who say a marathon is 26 miles!).

When you have an abysmal run and feel like crap, but still can't wait to get out there again.

21/05/2010 at 07:29

I have to agree with the running in the rain comment...

My first marathon was in horrendous weather (pissing down raining, 4 degrees at the start, sleet at one point)...I'd previously avoided running in the rain so come the marathon day, I wasn't overly prepared for the conditions!

Three months later, come rain, hail, sleet (and inevitably heatwave and typhoon - Japan!), I go running as planned

My friends think I'm crazy. 

Also....yes scheduling my social life around training, spending hours at a time researching running shoes, going out with friends and the conversation inevitably turning to running, having a friend request I not mention the "R" word for 24 hours (easily done - I substituted it for the "L" word - LEGS!), planning my holidays to co-incide with races (why just go to Malaysia when you can squeeze in a race too!).

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
61 to 64 of 64 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.