Zurich Marathon

Marathon World Tour Continues

1 to 20 of 55 messages
06/10/2006 at 18:02
G'day y'all

Never started a thread before but after 6 Londons, a Berlin, a Dublin and a Paris, thought i would take the plunge and get over there to Zurich on 1 April (appropriate i thought)

So i am looking for some fellow travellers/runners to share the pain, the rain and the training over the next few months in the build up to the big day and ultimately in the pre-race meal and post race beer up.

Hope to hear from as many of you as possible soon

Cheers
Doylie

06/10/2006 at 18:35
Hail Hail

Oh well, I suppose somebody had to start it. Just dont tell Coops about it, otherwise he might hijack this thread, just like he does with all the other ones with decent folks on.

Doylie - are you gonna follow the patented "Carpet Schedule", or actually do some proper running this time?
06/10/2006 at 19:13
My first venture onto a thread in about 5 months - good work Doylie.

You are mistaken RB - Doylie had a proper schedule last time - he just got shingles on the day of the event!

I'm tipping we will not get more than 20 on this thread who are going to run it!
06/10/2006 at 19:16
Just noticed this is on the General running tab - now you are an expert at setting these up Doylie can you transfer it to Events - otherwise noone will find it.
09/10/2006 at 08:27
OK fella

I will see what i can do to change it.

RB i will be following the Carpet patented schedule as last time and attempt to avoid getting shingles..............
13/10/2006 at 12:15
How do chaps
13/10/2006 at 12:35
Hello mate and welcome to the Zurich thread which currently only has 3 particpants but we remain ever hopeful.

I have asked the folks at RW to move it from the general thread to the Events one so people have a slight chance of seeing it.

13/10/2006 at 12:42
Bl**dy hell a Paris veterans (rejects?) thread!

Why are you doing this one Doylie? If you've got some decent reasons other than the chocolate, cuckoo clocks and yodelling then I might join you.

Actually those sound like good enough reasons. How do we enter?
13/10/2006 at 13:16
Hi Alco

Welcome along, good to see you

As for my reasons, well both Carpet and i felt that Paris was too congested and not as much fun as it used to be. Also i reckon that if i am gonna do this marathon thing then i mights as well travel the world a bit with it and make it something a bit special. So after London, Paris, Berlin and Dublin i looked at Rotterdam but the feedback was not good from those that had done it so we found this one

Hey presto...registered, booked flights and sorted out hotels and just 600 miles of training to do.........

Is that good enough..........
13/10/2006 at 16:07
Well what a collection of reprobates hanging around in here ;-) Hello boys!

I won't be at Zurich next Spring, have lined up Barcelona for the next jolly :) No doubt I shall keep an eye on you all in here to make sure you're keeping up the training standards!!

Carpet patented schedule being put to the test in Abingdon mara weekend after next ... arrgh!
13/10/2006 at 16:11
Aha we are picking up pace here.....

Good luck in Abingdon Tiger, s'pose we won't see you in CP10 on Sunday
13/10/2006 at 16:37
No, I'd have liked to do it, but I can't trust myself not to race it. Enjoy your guinness in the CP after. :)

Guy's been asking me about BPTT - I'll try & get along sometime soon. Have you got any other autumn races planned?
13/10/2006 at 16:44
Yup

The Brighton 10k, 19 november and may do another December 10k, not sure which one yet
13/10/2006 at 16:57
I was considering doing Hayling 10 at the end of November with Susie Bee, haven't really thought about much after 22nd October to be honest!
Sol
13/10/2006 at 17:57
WHO WOOD LIKE TO SEE ME! PLEES RIPPLY:
15/10/2006 at 17:58
Can't work that one Sol. Tiger - a quality marathon choice there! Good luck with it and let us know how you got on.
18/10/2006 at 08:25
training started in earnest yesterday. thanks for dragging me around Doylie - quality sprinting on your part. I cannot move today...
18/10/2006 at 08:54
Well done Carpet. Only another 6 months of slog to go....
18/10/2006 at 08:56
I know what you mean but i think it was cumulative from Sundays run as well.

I guess it's Zurich a go-go from here

Enjoy the rest day.
18/10/2006 at 09:54
i shall - meetings for rest of morn then The Chophouse for a long lunch...
1 to 20 of 55 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.