1 stone off by Christmas!

Hoping to use running to help weight loss.

81 to 100 of 211 messages
30/10/2012 at 12:07

I'll join in too if that's ok?  Recovering from the Chester marathon, but carrying a fair bit too much weight (and eating like I was training still!).

Rats....................14 Stone 5 lb: 09th October: 13 Stone 5 lb
Carterusm............13 Stone 3 lb: 10th October: 12 Stone 3 lb
Springle...............12 Stone 1 lb: 08th October: 11 Stone 1 lb
Mr F....................13 Stone 0 lb: 19th October: 12 Stone 0 lb
marshallini............13 Stone 7 lb: 13th October: 12 Stone 5 lb
Dakota Shepherd...13 Stone 6 lb: 20th October: 12 Stone 6 lb
Grant Young.........14 Stone 10lb: 24th October: 13 Stone 10lb
Martin King...........11 Stone 9 lb: 24th October: 10 Stone 9 lb
Okapi..................9 Stone 11.2lb: 24th October: 8 Stone 11 lb

Daeve..................13 Stone 11 lb: 30th October: 12 Stone 11 lb

30/10/2012 at 15:47

Afternoon all. Good to see so many people take up the challenge. I have managed to lose a whole pound after I weighed in today . However I did have a busy weekend so sorted of expected that. Quiet next couple of weeks, so confident of dropping 3-4 in the next two weeks.

Current weight 14st 9lb

On the plus side I will have ran 104 miles for the month of October, which is good going for me.

Keep up the good work everyone.

30/10/2012 at 19:32
Evening people! A few days absent, but after a weekly weigh in I'm 2lbs down. Not bad considering I've not had the healthiest last couple of days but I guess the extra mules and lack of wine/beer has helped! Well done on reported losses, and remember its quality not quantity!
30/10/2012 at 21:08

I weighed in this morning at 13st dead, I had dropped to 12st 11.6 lb, so I seen my @r5e a bit, but tonight I had a great run 8.42 miles at a decent pace/effort and no dieing in the middle which has been the norm for a while, so happy again.  I will take it easy for the next couple of days as I don't want to risk over doing it.

Keep up the good work everyone

31/10/2012 at 19:33
Hi everyone.

Some good positive details after the weigh ins.

Are people training for any races in the next few months ? I have got the Clowne half on 25/11 and Manchester full on 28/04. Having these races as targets will hopefully keep me motivated which in turn will help with the weight loss.
31/10/2012 at 21:07
Thames100 in march, and hopefully a few other ones TP keep me ticking over in Jan/feb.
01/11/2012 at 09:06

Hi Carterusm

Doing a half kilomathon in March and then the Edinburgh Rock n Roll Half Marathon(my first) in April. Hoping to do a 10k in February to keep me ticking over. Like you I would find it very hard if I didnt have targets/goals to aim for. Keep up the good work everyone!

01/11/2012 at 20:17

Well done on the weight loss those of you who have been weighing in, and the running.

I've had a mixed week, mainly due to lots of social plans. Dinner out on Sat, family party on Sun and a couple of days away mid week meant I ate and drank a lot more than intended.

The dreadful weather also meant I cut my Sunday run back to a 45 min paddle, but I did it as fast as I could. I slightly made up for it yestrday with a 15km slow run along a cold and wet seafront. The longest I've ever done. Feeling a bit achy in the joints today though.

The next week isn't so busy, so I should manage to redress the balance again.

02/11/2012 at 09:32

15k is a fine effort. If I could manage that on Sunday I would be delighted

seren nos    pirate
02/11/2012 at 09:39

good weight lose here............7 1/2 weks to go..........keep away from the hotdogs and burger on bonfire night..

02/11/2012 at 10:35

I'm still with you folks but off today to Kenya for two weeks to visit a friend. Won't be commenting much until I get back. Keep up the good work everyone.

Rats....................14 Stone 5 lb: 09th October: 13 Stone 5 lb
Carterusm............13 Stone 3 lb: 10th October: 12 Stone 3 lb
Springle...............12 Stone 1 lb: 08th October: 11 Stone 1 lb
Mr F....................13 Stone 0 lb: 19th October: 12 Stone 0 lb
marshallini............13 Stone 7 lb: 13th October: 12 Stone 5 lb
Dakota Shepherd...13 Stone 6 lb: 20th October: 12 Stone 6 lb
Grant Young.........14 Stone 10lb: 24th October: 13 Stone 10lb
Martin King...........11 Stone 9 lb: 24th October: 10 Stone 9 lb
Okapi..................9 Stone 11.2lb: 24th October: 8 Stone 11 lb

Daeve..................13 Stone 11 lb: 30th October: 12 Stone 11 lb

cybarev............... 13Stone 4lb 2nd November : 12Stone 4lb

02/11/2012 at 11:17

Morning, everybody! Sorry for being a bit quiet too - its been quite a busy week.

Managed to lose 1lbs (not exactly mind boggling but I take it gratefully!), despite gorging on pizza on Monday before watching 007 and thus missing my xtraining

I seem to be getting on top of that darn biscuit habit too and if I do get a terrible urge for something sweet I'm now having a slice of bitter chocolate instead.

Anyway, have a fab weekend all x

02/11/2012 at 19:15
Evenin folks! A good weeks running here, after a hilly 5m on the,road last night at a quickish pace I finally feel,like I'm starting to regain some fitness. Ice also just discovered the Garmin connect website which is so much better than Sportracks where I was previously downloading my GPS data. Shows me as 653 miles for 2012 so far. I wonder If 1000 is achievable? Mrs f has escaped for a 3 day spa break in dorset so no running for me this weekend, apart from running the kids to athletics, football, singing etc! Just made some healthy and wholesome scones care of a waitrose receipe. Wholemeal flour, sultanas, pumpkin seeds, grated carrot, skimmed milk, touch if Brown sugar and vanilla essence. Nice healthy post exercise treats for me and the kids! May be forced to consume a couple if cold ones tonight as I finally get control of the sky plus planner!
02/11/2012 at 20:52

Good work Mr f.

I'm full of cold yet again today, so no training for me. Hopefully I'll be able to run a littel over the weekend. It's really frustrating, I've had a cold on and off for 7 weeks now and it does interfere with both training and incentive to eat well.

03/11/2012 at 13:08

marshallini wrote (see)

I will take it easy for the next couple of days as I don't want to risk over doing it.

Those easy days turned in to complete inactivity days.

Ran up a mountain on Friday and ran a 5k race today, weight is still 13 stone.

Running is feeling ok tho and weight isn't a worry, so all in all everything is good

Keep up the good work everyone

03/11/2012 at 13:32

Just jump onto this thread...  to offer encouragement (actually, I'm just showing off )

Had one of those man-health check ups in July. Weighed an all-time high 12st 1lb  - with most of it in the dangerous area... round my middle (39").  They reckon that your diabetes risk is increased above 37" belly.  Today, I had a re-check and am down to 11st 0lb - and a quarter of an inch below the 37" limit. So very happy.

I've not been on any crash diets or anything... just (almost) cut out cakes, biscuits and things with 'empty' calories' in them - also greatly reduced eating of processed foods, and quite enjoyed cooking a bit more (rather than pie into the oven!) That has been combined with marathon training... which burns up plenty.

Good luck all.

04/11/2012 at 11:11

How tall are you run wales? 39" waist at 12st 1lb, that's exacly what I weigh but a baggy 34" waist? I'm 5' 10" not slim built!

04/11/2012 at 22:31
Evening all.
A fairly good week for me on the food front. While I don't necessarily eat healthily I haven't eaten much rubbish at all. Only last night did I have any beers so all in all a good week.
I went for my LSR this evening and did 17 miles which included quite a few miles of hills. I went in to the peaks where it was pitch black and foggy so it was quite spooky running along the roads with my headlight on. I even took in an off road trail and got spooked a couple of times by sheep that were hiding in the bracken and then ran off when they saw me.
So, it's weigh in day for me and when I jumped on the scales I was 13st dead. That means an overall loss for me of 3lbs, which considering I've been away for a few days I'm quite happy with.
I hope everyone has had a good week and the scales are kind to you !
04/11/2012 at 22:42

Evening all, not a bad week. 28 miles. New week starts today and started with a nice  7 miler. Weigh midweek. Sounds like everyone is doing quite well. Carterusm good work on the 17 miles

All the best for the week everyone

05/11/2012 at 05:11
lardarse wrote (see)

How tall are you run wales? 39" waist at 12st 1lb, that's exacly what I weigh but a baggy 34" waist? I'm 5' 10" not slim built!

Hi Lardarse.

I'm about same height as you,  and also wore 34" waist trousers that were a bit baggy (they're a bit baggier now... but not loads more).

So it came as a bit of a shock when I put a tape measure round the biggest bit of my belly...  roughly at belly-button level, and realised I was actually rather more than 34" !!   In fact, although I said I was 39"...  I was wrong.  I was actually 41" (my brain must have blotted out that awful figure)  -  I found the original piece of paper yesterday.   This makes a lot more sense, because I could see I've lost a lot round my belly since July.. and now I know just over 4" has disappeared, that fits.   Note that these measures are done absolutely honestly - totally relaxed.  It is very easy to reduce that by an inch or two almost without realising it.

My natural  frame is not exactly skinny... but it's on the slim side - and it seems that additional fat largely spreads around my middle.    It is quite possible to be the 12st 1lb  and have a much more even distribution of fat (which I understand is much less dangerous from a health viewpoint than having the extra fat concentrated around your vital organs around your abdomen)  -  or you could just  be broader of chest, shoulders, leg.   But it is recommended that you check with a tape measure to find the biggest part of your middle..... I understand that anything above 40" is considered a notable risk, and above 37" is a somewhat elevated risk... so might be worth a check!

81 to 100 of 211 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.