1 stone off by Christmas!

Hoping to use running to help weight loss.

121 to 140 of 211 messages
11/11/2012 at 16:08

Welcome

11/11/2012 at 18:41

Thanks!

12/11/2012 at 07:54

Morning all.

I've not had a particularly good week as I ate and drank far too much. Two decent runs over the weekend made up for it though but I havent lost any more weight; however, I havent put any on so not too bad overall.

Hope things are going well with everyone else

12/11/2012 at 08:07
Welcome aboard Iklebutn!
Not a brilliant weekend for me, but hey! Also suffering a bit with some pains in my right knee. Had its few years ago and some physio and ultrasound helped but seems to have come back. Comes and goes, but il suddenly get a.sharp pain which forces me to walk a few paces but then seems to go away. I'm starting the strengthening and stability exercices the physio advised last time around to see if that helps. Might take a week off running and just use the mountain bike instead for a bit of a change.
12/11/2012 at 09:20

Welcome Iklebutn and good luck.

Morning All. Pretty hectic Thursday and Friday night, however managed to get out for a 7 mile run on Sunday. Will weigh in on Wednesday so any loss would be a bonus.

Have a good week.

12/11/2012 at 10:15

Hi All and welcome Iklebutn.

Starting the week at 12st 11.2lb.

Last week wasn't the best nutritionally, but did manage some good running, even if the mileage wasn't great. (32.69)

Sunday's race was dissapointing, died a bit in the middle and started to worry things were all going wrong again, but was strong at the end so I think that was just a  blip on the day.

12/11/2012 at 15:18

Oh thanks everyone for all the hellos! I feel more healthy and thinner already! =)

15/11/2012 at 08:28
Morning everyone. A little quiet in here! Hope everyone is nice and healthy and active? I had a bit of a Forrest Gump moment yesterday. Woke up and decisis to go out for a long countryside walk. 6 hours and 19m later, I returned covered in mud! Very uplifting!
15/11/2012 at 08:57

Wow, Mr F, that does indeed sound epic. I've been eating healthily for nearly 4 days and I already feel better and have lost over a kilo. I went for a 6 mile run last night and my left knee hurt towards the end. Darn it. Have a sunny day everyone!

15/11/2012 at 09:06
Sounds like your off to a great start, well done! No sun here sadly.... All I can see is fog!!
15/11/2012 at 16:23

Hi all - sorry for the radio silence!
Been having a tough time lately (death in the family) and eating's not been great either. Haven't weighed myself in 2 weeks, just can't face it.
Trying to pick myself up again now and start afresh. Onwards & upwards, eh.
Hope everybody's doing well, keeping well & enjoying life x

16/11/2012 at 18:30

Sorry to hear that Okapi. Look after yourself and don't beat yourself up about the last couple of weeks.

I'd focus on the moment on starting your running again with enjoyable easy/steady runs which clear your head. In my experience this helps a lot.

The scales can wait until you are ready.

16/11/2012 at 19:38
Hi all, I totally agree with Jane okapi. Sounds like you've had a tough time, a few light runs to get you back in the swing of things will help no end. Ive had a tough couple of months myself, been off work suffering with PTSD and anxiety and getting back into regular structures training finally has been a real god send. Just found out that I've managed to get a two week stay at a place called flint house in Oxfordshire at the start of December for intensive therapy and counselling. Lots of daily exercise, counselling, acupuncture and exercise but fantastic meals on top so I'm hoping it all cancels eachother out!
Keep on going folks!
17/11/2012 at 12:35

Good luck with that Mr F. Let us know how it goes.

19/11/2012 at 12:16

Afternoon All,

Hope you're all well and beginning to see progress, welcome new people. I'm back to tip top health and am heading out for my first run in over a month tonight. Weighed myself yesterday, which was the first time in 2 weeks and i've put 3lb on since the illness (which i wasn't surpised about - previous weight i was quite dehydrated). I'm 13 stone 10lb and confident that i can lose the last 5lb before christmas, which is 5 weeks tomorrow people - hope you're all well.

-x-

19/11/2012 at 13:26

Five weeks. Gulp.

20/11/2012 at 09:17

Oh dear, oh dear. Just got on the scales after two weeks in Kenya and I've put on 4 pounds! Not good.

Still, not going to give up! Last night I started my serious training for the Manchester Marathon in April so hopefully the poundage will start to drop as the miles go up!

Hope everyone else is doing better than me. Keep up the good work.

20/11/2012 at 09:17

Survived the run, only 4km and very slow. But felt good to be back running again. Did it on the treadmill, next run i'll venture outside.

20/11/2012 at 09:28

Good stuff Rats and everyone else.

I'm struggling currently due to various things happening at home. When I say struggling I'm not losing anything but at the same time I'm not putting anthing on so am fairly pleased under the circumstances. This week I'm tapering for my first race, the Clowne half marathon, on Sunday. The reduction in runnign over the last few days has been hard as I just want to get out there and run despite the autumnal conditions.

Keep going everyone

20/11/2012 at 15:14

Afternoon all. Still putting in the miles but not lost a pound or added one. I have had some busy weekends due to attending various events, all involving food and drink. A quiet weekend coming up, so fingers crossed. Still hopefully of losing the stone.

Good Luck everyone and keep up the good work

121 to 140 of 211 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.