13 miler this morning

...and feel so utterly terrible now - why?

21 to 31 of 31 messages
11/09/2009 at 18:22
Thinking about it, those are the symptoms I got when I had heat stroke.........
11/09/2009 at 18:26

Dan, is that you??

11/09/2009 at 18:56
You know it, wrong account.....again
11/09/2009 at 20:21

Sounds like you pushed yourself a bit too hard. I agree, it's not normal to come back from an LSR and feel like crap - as long as it was an L S R! When I push myself on long runs, I feel really odd, ischemic tummy which makes me feel very very sick, dizziness, tiredness yet not able to sleep and the shivers.

Hope you feel better soon, theBorne

11/09/2009 at 21:01

Kicked it - I definitely don't get too cold whilst running! It's just when I get back, I'm always cold to the point of shivering and feel generally ill - especially if I've got rained on.

Just got back from 9.87 miler and feel like death no aches and pains, just really not very well! Can't explain it.. maybe something is wrong

11/09/2009 at 21:02
Divine - exactly how I feel after an LSR!
11/09/2009 at 22:53

This thread is shite. The OP is taking the piss, and if he's not, he's an idiot. Either way it's shite.

No-one goes out for an easy run and claims a PB.

seren nos yn canu    pirate
12/09/2009 at 07:31

Maybe he means a PB for the route ............a Know a lot of people keep their best times for particular raining routes or maybe haven't raced often...........................then sometimes when you go out to do an easy run, the day and weather just take over and you find yourself running a lot faster than normal..........not possible for a disciplined good runner,but very possible for a run as I feel runner like me  ..................and then i probably would fel like shit afterwards

12/09/2009 at 08:47

No, D2D -  I think you're misunderstanding me, I was saying I feel like crap after LSRs when I've pushed my speed as well as my distance. Which essentially isn't an LSR!! So long as I keep my speed down when i'm increasing the distance, I'm fine.

ZZ - I agree with seren. I can understand why you posted what you did, but maybe you run for different reasons to the OP, and with different goals. 

12/09/2009 at 09:47

Zanzinger - thanks for your input, it's appreciated - really

unfortunately i ain't taking the piss at all - i head off on an easy run, notice my time for the 10 miles was lower than i expected, hence i decide "heck - why not try and beat 1:35:07 over the 13 miles?" - my previous 13 mile PB - to give myself an indication of what i could hopefully expect when i do the GNR next sunday

i would love to beat 1:30 for a half - that's my next goal - i just wanted an idea of whether i could realistically do it, at this stage in my fitness

12/09/2009 at 10:10

Be careful, theBorne.  You may be fine, in which case I'll be happy to take it all back, but you may be setting yourself up for a disappointment.

If you run long & hard in training then you might find you've got nothing left for race day.  You've got to know when to push, and when to take it easy, otherwise you could end up overtrained and going backwards.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 31 of 31 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.